Does the military used any Eagle Dynamics products?

Fallout

Yes, we know of at least 2 to 3 products that are used by military clients, although what they use is different from the consumer version.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

If memory doesn't fail me, I remember that DCS A-10C was made a consumer product out of a contract ED has had with the USAF, although it was said that the "civilian" version of the sim had some feature left out. I also remember seeing a vid in which a DCS sim was used by russian aviators - from what I could get, it was a version of the Hip, in fact it seemed a Mi-14 Haze to me, the navy variant, but could be wrong.

One thing that it could be worrying to me is the current bad relationship between west and Russia. I 'm under the impression that western armed forces would not award contracts anymore to a russian based developer to make their simulators, both for economic reasons (don't know if the sanctions cover this aspect, yet I read around that it may well be the case) but also technological, with westerners much less keen on divulging technical specifics and informations about their aircraft. With less military contracts from western countries, I feel that the "output" of products to us civilians users may well be reduced..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

The "old" Jim Mackonochie tell on 2007 and ITEC on 2010 about the "contracts" of military contracts of "military DCS: W"

A-10A, A-10C on USA and FAC evaluation software on UK army, a Joint Fires console, a the AC-130 gunner station and a drone console. ( the last two was on the Battle sim web page, but the news section on the main ED and Battle sim has dissapear).

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=31558&highlight=AC-130

Other videos of The Battle Simulator

- Naval operations

- Joint Fires

- UAV console
Edited by Silver_Dragon

Russian Air Force is using Ka-52 and Su-35 simulator programe made by ED if i remember correctly :)

For real??? I'd love to bite on these in DCS World someday!!

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR