Mirage 2000 digest: read this if you aren't clear on what it is/does!

Azrayen

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found further Information showing that Mirage can carry more than one type of bombs in one flight

Would you share the source of that information with us?

The "one type of air-to-ground weapon only" limit I relayed earlier comes from people directly involved with the aircraft's avionics system design/engineering, I therefore have a strong tendency to consider it as reliable.

spacer.png

How will the GBU work? I mean there is no MFD to give in the Lasercode or searchnig for markers...do I simply throw a bomb via CCIP where nearby will be the target? Does anyone know?

Educated guess: the GBU-XX laser code being set on ground on GBU kit seeker section:

- Mirage GBU are given a fix code

- you give the JTAC/ lasing aircraft the GBU's laser code

- he gives you the target coordinates (L, G, ALT)

- you input those coordinates in NAV system to have targeting cue ( a "+" in HUD showing target's position)

- you release like Mk-82 bomb (dive targeting and pull up release on M2000C = loft bombing)

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Educated guess: the GBU-XX laser code being set on ground on GBU kit seeker section:

- Mirage GBU are given a fix code

- you give the JTAC/ lasing aircraft the GBU's laser code

- he gives you the target coordinates (L, G, ALT)

- you input those coordinates in NAV system to have targeting cue ( a "+" in HUD showing target's position)

- you release like Mk-82 bomb (dive targeting and pull up release on M2000C = loft bombing)

Ah, great. Thank you very much! Going to preorder now :)

Well technically you could hang anything you want on the pylons. Depending upon the limitations of DCS, it might be easier to allow players to equip invalid loadouts and then have the avionics throw an error when the pilot tries to start the plane.

What kind of error would occur for this situation, I don't know, and it depends upon the specifics of the avionics in question. Sometimes when software encounters undefined behavior, it still works without crashing. You might just get the CCIP showing up in the wrong place for certain weapons, or maybe the plane would think some of the pylons are empty when they are not. Worst case, the weapons system might just completely fail to start and leave you unable to arm pylons.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there any essential difference between M2000 in dcs and the same plane in Fsx except the better graphics in dcs?
In addition to the different flight model, there are some other differences. For example, I'm pretty sure the FSX version has the RDM radar panel, but I saw a WIP for the RDI radar panel for the DCS version. There are also going to be differences in the armament options between the FSX and DCS versions. The FSX version can use the Exocet and the DCS version cannot, and the DCS version is getting a number of extra bomb types that the FSX version doesn't have.

i don't understand why they make one plane twice??
The mod structure for FSX and DCS are fundamentally different, so a significant amount of the work must be redone to transfer a plane from one sim to the other.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
RAZBAM's 2000C is essentially a conversion of M2M's original aircraft for FSX/P3D.

Agreed regarding 3D/artwork.

System-wise OTOH, it was more or less rewritten from blank page (so not a conversion!):

- M2M mixed systems from several versions/sub-versions of the M2000 (RDM/RDI/-5), whereas Razbam sticks to a more precise/realistic modelization of the 2000C RDI S5.

- DCS and FS/P3D have little in common when it comes to code (see the Q&A video)

++

Az'

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

I took this photo of a Mirage BR18 in Germany in about 1980:

Belgian

it is a large aircraft, lots of wing surface.

Mirage_1980.jpg.db4c4c68f3d6ab46ced9a6976da356ba.jpg

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

S530D - yes

Mica - No

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly: