SU-27 curves

Coxy_99

I use a deadzone of 2 and axes values of +16 on my Warthog HOTAS.

As you can see the settings differ from pilot to pilot even if they have the same joysticks!

As grunf indicated the best method is to experiment and find out what feels most comfortable to you.

The deadzone I find useful for air to air refueling as it's a spot where I know I'm not making any flight corrections.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Sorry i have the saitek x-52 i just wanted to experiment :

x-52 standard, 10-15 on all planes, all axies, with 1 on deadzone.

For the Su-27 I use curvature 20 on pitch & roll and zero for the rudder. My throttle is set as a slider.

Dead zones will largely depend on your stick: if the physical centre position on your stick is off centre in terms of the game input then you'll need some dead zone.

As others have commented, the curvature setting is a personal thing, i.e. whatever feels satisfactory to you, but for the Flanker the most commonly used curvature settings are between 15-25 for pitch and roll.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

It depends on your stick, your preference and the purpose.

I got a Thrustmaster Hotas X and I'm having curves of 35-40 for aerobatic flying and curves of 20-30 for fights. You gotta try out different settings and choose the one that fits best for you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Depends on your flightstick. I fly without curves.

In what way does it depend on the flightstick?

I upgraded to a warthog with 75mm extension, but I just kind of kept using 25 pitch and roll curve I always used on everything with my old crappy stick.

Do better sticks with more throw generally not need a curve?