[REPORTED] Cannot host old missions - not showing on server list

xcom

After hours of trouble shooting I think I found a fix for this!!!!

You must delete all the text from your mission briefings!

I have just confirmed this with the 104th Server... If I host a mission with a briefing it will not show in the MP list. If I host the same mission with all the text deleted from the briefing it shows in the MP lobby!

Please report back with your findings!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Well done Maverick.

Looks like that is the answer. I deleted the text from the briefings in the mission editor and others could join the new mission.

Nice one.

Now I must send in my server crash logs, but have to go out for the evening to see a comedian. Will try to post them tomorrow. Where would you guys like the logs to go?

Hello.

Xcom also did it yesterday in one mission that way but that didn't seems to work on every mission :( This particular mission had some specific aircraft inside and few triggers.

There is something else also there that prevents the missions to show up. Maybe a module? Does the mission you test has any scripts or specific triggers?

Thanks

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

No scripts just DCS triggers Greg. I deleted all text from Mission Briefing, Red Brief and Blue Brief.

I also have it stripped to the bones for stability, the only aircraft are FC3 + A-10C & KA50 for now. No CA or Mig21/15, Sabre etc.

As stability improves I'll start adding more bells and whistles.

Sadly it doesnt look like this solution is bullet proof, the server shows in the list for many people but not for others. It also seems to be appearing then disappearing from the list, despite the server not crashing.

Will post when I know more.

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;2500074']After hours of trouble shooting I think I found a fix for this!!!!

You must delete all the text from your mission briefings!

I have just confirmed this with the 104th Server... If I host a mission with a briefing it will not show in the MP list. If I host the same mission with all the text deleted from the briefing it shows in the MP lobby!

Please report back with your findings!

I can confirm this fix. Thanks a lot.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

Can not duplicate. Removed all text from all briefing areas, removed all images and removed all triggers. Server still does not show in the list on pre-1.5 mission.

Mission does have at least 1 of every released aircraft (no-mods).

Will keep trying...

I tested removing the briefing, mission name and pictures yesterday.

It did make a certain mission appear and we could connect to it but, there were duplicate connections done and various clients got CTDs.

I'm guessing it is part of the issue but not the whole issue.

I've went through the mission file, the only changes I found were the coalitions in the old converted missions did not have neutral coalition while new mission did.

I tried to rectify it manually but this unfortunately was still not enough to fix it.

I hope ED gets a fix on this.

EDIT - We have found that removing the briefing plus a combination of some modules and then saving, will solve the issue.

Once we have a complete fix on how to workaround this we will update here.

Edited by xcom

Update -

We have found that the issue is the combination of miz file size and briefing/mission name.

If miz file size exceeds 150kb, it will not show.

If briefing/mission name is in, it will not show.

Make sure that both these factors do not violate the above and it should work fine.

We also saw this issue might be relevant for newly created missions with the latest patch.

• Like 1

As stated in OP thread title, pre-1.5 missions not loading, but, apparently, new missions are having some issues too.

My prior comments were about an old mission. With that on hold, a friend and I have started rebuilding it from scratch in 1.5.

We are currently having an issue with a newly created mission that starts off showing in the server list, but then within a few minutes, no longer visible. Direct IP connects still work. Mission is 91k in size and no briefing or sortie name. Its a large number of available client a/c. Though way less than I have created in older missions. Will be testing with less client a/c to see if that helps.

I'm wondering if it's the number of clients that make it disappear after a period of time.

I do not think it is that, mine disappeared after only a few were in the mission in just a few minutes. ATM I have a mission up and so far so good. Only a couple in there plus myself. Changes made to the mission: Reduced Client available aircraft down to 129, (VA server on 1.2 has over 250 client available a/c in the mission). Also ensured Group names and pilot names were all unique.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Server name: North American Free Flight

I'm not sure about the client numbers being the cause of not seeing servers in the list.

I've seen one or two servers that had approx 20 clients connected.. however it very well could be, it will need more testing :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys, I'm betting it's a specific module that creates the problem or pilot name.

Let's go over what we know -

- Briefings create issue.

- Mission file size (miz).

Briefing is showing in the multiplayer window, once it's gone the server is then listed.

What else is shown in the multiplayer window?

- Server description.

- Mission description.

- Pilot information.

- Module information.

- Rules.

The only 2 issues that I see are most dynamic are the Pilot information and Module information.

I bet one of those cause problems when the master server tries to pull info from your servers and then fails, at that point probably it stops requesting due to the failure and the server is left unlisted.

This is quite an annoying test as we need to test module module, special characters in pilot name etc...

Hopefully someone has the time.