Open Beta freezes after exiting missions

Lordbaldur

The title really says it all. Whenever I exit a session, the mission freezes at the in-game menu and the music starts. I do not believe it happens on every mission, but it seems prevalent in Instant Action.

Just FYI, my computer is very powerful.

GTX970, i5-4690k, 16GB DDR3 RAM. All drivers should be updated but I have to double check.

My Channel

The same happened to me just now. I was ending the UH-1H campaign mission #1, and it the DCS end-mission dialog became unresponsive. The main-menu music played, but the end-mission dialog was dead. Ctrl-Alt-F4 got me out.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I noticed that in two missions now - one was mission #1 for the UN Helicopter Pilot in the UH-H1 campaign, the other was a single Su-27 mission.

The common thing was that in both missions I died by crashing my aircraft/helo into the ground.

The game froze, the menu music was playing, and I had to kill DCS to get out.

DCS didn't generate any logs at the time the freeze happened...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I have this issue as well, however only after experiencing black screen in-game.

Reported in the Video card issues section with logfiles etc. attached.

Edited by Sporg

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Check this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=148786

Solution is to delete the files Options.lua and Netwok.vault in your Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config folder.

DCS will build new ones when started again.

Note: For multiplayer you will need to go into Module Manager first and log on again.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Had another freeze just now when wanting to end a campaign mission. Going to try out what @Sporg recommended. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I've manage to get a grasp on the crashing problem.

When you exit out of the game/server WHILE you are in an EXTERNAL VIEW - this will result in a crash about 80% of the time.

Try having your view in the cockpit and exit out of the game/server.

At least that's the gist of what I manage to keep having.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Dying Embers can still start a fire"

-Western Han Dynasty

I've manage to get a grasp on the crashing problem.

When you exit out of the game/server WHILE you are in an EXTERNAL VIEW - this will result in a crash about 80% of the time.

Try having your view in the cockpit and exit out of the game/server.

At least that's the gist of what I manage to keep having.

Good point. That seems to be the case for me as well. Going to remind myself of staying inside the 'pit. :thumbup:

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Check this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=148786

Solution is to delete the files Options.lua and Netwok.vault in your Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config folder.

DCS will build new ones when started again.

Note: For multiplayer you will need to go into Module Manager first and log on again.

FYI - I did what was recommended here, however, my last campaign mission froze when trying to exit.

I was, as mentioned above by Whuping, in an outside view as well, so that may be a good pointer for the devs to start looking

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com