Simulating Water.

Apples

Yes the water looks much better than pre 1.5 but the biggest problem remains and that since lockon.

I'm talking about the wave frequency which is accurate to the scale of a swimming pool. Shouldn't be hard to slow that down so the waves get the appropriate mass/perceptional scale.

I expect the waves to move slowly and the higher I go the more static it seems until I pay more intention to it instead of feeling like in a time laps.

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

The main problem of Physx has only compatible with NVidia. If ED make improvements of water some day, expected see a plugin outside of a type of manufacturer board.

Actually, the water animation has very poor. A video example recorded with dynamic weather (the sea has not been affected by the weather or wind), and the ships animations has very strangle.

The PhysX in ArmA 3 is CPU, not GPU, based. It doesn't care what graphics brand you use. :thumbup:

LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 monitor | 2x GTX-980 G1 Gaming

I7-5820k @ 3.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB SSDs | Seagate 3TB HDD

TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

When flying low over rivers I have a strange looking water surface ahead of me. Whatever causes that should be paid attention to.

Other than that, yes, a realistic water ( Wave-peak and Hertz ) need to be adressed as Weltensegler says ( looks like a 15ft pond waves ) and the surface itself doesnt really blend into the surrounding which is utmost confusing.

I dont fly over river banks and such just because of this simple strange looking effects.

Hasn't Physx been widely dropped in favour for DX11/12 functions which all can use.

Anyway, you can decide what does it in your NV panel, CPU or GPU, as long as you run NV.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

The main problem as, Can a ship interact with the sea on DCS: W as a real ship?, actually not, and not sure if ED has any plan to make a "DCS: W Navy" (no Apli folks) with realistic sea environment.

Some aspects of the actual DCS W engine has:

- Missing of a realistic wave generation affected by weather (wind and sea state).

IrUehq6vJss

- Realistic real time wave simulation and propagation (not a JPG or TIFF).

YK_Za2MY2a0

- Realistic Ship motion simulations

6NNfmfSMwKs

Two big problems about them:

- Perfomance

- engine limitations.

Yes the water looks much better than pre 1.5 but the biggest problem remains and that since lockon.

I'm talking about the wave frequency which is accurate to the scale of a swimming pool. Shouldn't be hard to slow that down so the waves get the appropriate mass/perceptional scale.

I expect the waves to move slowly and the higher I go the more static it seems until I pay more intention to it instead of feeling like in a time laps.

Quoted!

The most unreal item of this marvelous sim is the water, sea or lakes or rivers, when flying it's like you are at 10 m height instead 10.000". It could be sometime acceptable only if considering low level flight over a small alpine lake. I'm sure dcs devs are trying to have something different but it's since lock-on we see this unreal-looking sea...

Pleeeease fix it! Dcs world 1.5 is definitely AMAZING, you are my heroes for the outstanding job, but this it's not at the same degree of simulation. :smilewink:

System: i5 10600k @4.80Ghz - MSI Z490 Tomahawk- MSI GTX 1080ti 11Gb, 32 Gb Ram Corsair Vengaence PC-ddr4 3200 MHz - LG 32” 1440p - Saitek X52 + CH Pro Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Win10 Pro-64bit :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6NNfmfSMwKs

Wow ... that was great. In my opinion ... the addition of additional frequencies provided the most pleasing simulation ... even with the simple model.

The other videos also great. Dynamic ship wakes look pretty amazing.

The main problem as, Can a ship interact with the sea on DCS: W as a real ship?, actually not, and not sure if ED has any plan to make a "DCS: W Navy" (no Apli folks) with realistic sea environment.

Some aspects of the actual DCS W engine has:

- Missing of a realistic wave generation affected by weather (wind and sea state).

IrUehq6vJss

- Realistic real time wave simulation and propagation (not a JPG or TIFF).

YK_Za2MY2a0

6NNfmfSMwKs

Two big problems about them:

- Perfomance

- engine limitations.

I would second that but with a simple restriction: Don't add these things if they eat more than 10 fps on their lowest simulation level.

Maybe some People forgot that ED is still working on explosion effects and weather graphics. At this time the performance is outstanding but every new effect will not always improve it. For Immersion reasons I would prefer the clouds (with shadows) and explosions before introducing a physics based water Simulation.

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wish ships can drive into rivers and lakes someday.
Boats yes, but ships rather not. The rivers we have on the Caucasus maps are not deep enough for anything like a destrover or even a corvette. But I dont see what should keep the ships from working on the big lakes. We can see larger ships on even medium sized lakes or reservoirs all day RL.

doch-schnell-erkannten-die-findigen-gebrueder-hittdorf-das-potenzial-des-edersees-und-wurden-zu-den-begruendern-der-oertlichen-personenschifffahrt-.jpg

Edited by Beagle One