We need pilot animations

Angel101

Good idea! I have always thought being able to get your pilot to make gestures which can be seen by other players online would be great.

I'm talking about thumbs up, twirling a finger for engine run up, a salute and stuff like that - not necessarily giving the opposing pilot the bird, but it'd certainly be fun too.

Would it be difficult to add animations like that?

It'd certainly add to the immersion, so I'm a plus one for this feature!

It's such sxxxd just like the youtube comments fanboy, do you really need flip your bird to show someone? Do you really need these animation to the MiGs? Do you still live in cold war with unaccountable hates?

Seriously, it's not like he was asking for an animation to show the pilot 'mooning' the other guy! :lol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yeah. We don't have a player controllable Tu-95 to recreate that particular aircraft's tail gunner favourite in. ;) I've seen the photo but can't find it now.

I suppose we just have to accept the possibility that some people might not have seen Top Gun... Or understand irony. Daaaaaanger zoannne!!!! LANA!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Considering that the F-15 pilot has at least hands-on-throttle-and-stick, as well as sliding the visor up and down animations visible from outside views, I can imagine that some other animations could be added, especially saluting and so on, as mentioned by NeilWillis. Would be cool.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Wonder if they could give the ejected pilots better animations/controls. That's where animations would REALLY be helpful.

Then, further imagine playing as an infantryman in the field or being a carrier deck hand and giving the hand signals for all the aircraft on deck.

Frisco1522

Pilot animations for knobs and switches operations would be awesome but too much additional work.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.