Ground texture pop-in

GeorgeLKMT

Ground textures are now being loaded in chunks rather than blending in like in 1.2.6. Or is this intended behaviour? It's quite distracting when the textures pop-in in the distance.

No mods installed except for modded ground textures only to highlight the problem better. The mod itself is NOT causing it. Present at all visibility settings.

HTML5 video of the problem hosted on gfycat (976k)

• Like 1

Ground textures are now being loaded in chunks rather than blending in like in 1.2.6. Or is this intended behaviour? It's quite distracting when the textures pop-in in the distance.

No mods installed except for modded ground textures only to highlight the problem better. The mod itself is NOT causing it. Present at all visibility settings.

HTML5 video of the problem hosted on gfycat (976k)

There is a way to fix this, these are the settings i use in my Ultra.lua (config/terrain folder)

lines 3 and 4:

distance10x10 = 200000.0;

distanceLevel0 = 200000.0;

lines 20 and 21:

fieldNearDistance = 100000.0;

fieldFarDistance = 150000.0;

mustang ,

thanks for tip , now this seems only to work in f2 view for me , inside cockpit it seems that objects still popin ? ....never had this in 1,2,16 ....

also notice that when nearing buildings , the textures seem to swap for a moment ....like they change to another texture of building....very strange ...

maybe i can still change something else in the lua ?

thanks for help

brgds maks

seems to be the shadows! ..... turn them off and no shadows pop in in cocpit , turn them o even on low .....shadows pop in when zooming in on them inside the pit .....outside view does not happen.... clearly a bug but i cannot find any reported thread ?

brgds maks