Mouse look not smooth

Snaut

Looking around with mouse is not smooth anymore, like it was in 1.2.16.

Despite much better framerates, it feels like there is a crude mouse acceleration implemented. It is evident when zoomed in. Slow panning don't follow the speed of mouse moves. It feels like there is a threshold of speed above which the mouse pans the view very fast and below which the panning becomes very imprecise and slow.

ETA:

It seems there's a deadzone or a filter in place. Mouse movements below certain threshold are ignored. This makes slow panning on large zoom choppy and imprecise. A regression from 1.2.16 implementation, in my opinion.

Edited by Snaut

MSI GTX 770 2GB -> 1920x1200, MSI H97M, Xeon 1231v3, 16GB

I have the exact same issue, i thought something had gone wrong on my system, since updating to the new beta version..

Trying to do a fresh install today.

this bug is driving me nuts, i dont have trackir, i have the Dk2 rift but mostly fly without it, due to the low res, but the jaggy mouse view is a game breaker for me :(

Same problem here.

This seems more apparent when panning the external camera close to the ground near areas with heavy alpha texturing (eg: trees,chain link fences).

I have noted that an adjustment to my mouse polling rate had a positive effect.

If possible, set the mouse usb polling rate to 125hz for DCS.

Edited by Avernus
catn speel

Same problem here.

This seems more apparent when panning the external camera close to the ground near areas with heavy alpha texturing (eg: trees,chain link fences).

I have noted that an adjustment to my mouse polling rate had a positive effect.

If possible, set the mouse usb polling rate to 125hz for DCS.

It won't help. I have a "gaming" mouse with much higher polling rate yet the problem is apparent.

If you have a side by side install of 1.5 and 1.2 the difference is clear.

I'm using a Logitech G700s mouse here.

The software for most gaming mice should allow you to tweak DPI and Polling Rate independently.

Check the website for your model and leech the tweakware if available.

Hopefully the kind developers will squash this bug soon enough :smilewink:

Steps to reproduce:

1. In-cockpit view

2. Fly straight and level (optionally - Pause simulation)

3. Slowly pan with mouse left and right. (optionally - set mouse speed slow with "LCtrl - [" before)

Symptom: View is not panning smoothly but with stops and slowdowns.

Edited by Snaut

My mouse look is very slow after these hotfixe's.

Luckily i have a gaming mouse so i can change the sensivity on the fly.

Then i noticed that, the mouse look slows down/ lags behind when the fps goes down example from 60 to 40. This wasn't the case before...

Hopefully ED fixes this soon. :thumbup:

My mouse movement is far too fast. Please post your mouse DPI and the Windows mouse slider settings? Mine is 3500/3rd notch*

* =0.25

It's possible that they ignore the windows setting now and take 1:1 DPI value.

Just a little protip for when you need to make sure you have a consistent mouse:

You should always set the Windows sensitivity to the 6th setting, since then it doesn't scale the input at all. You should then be able to reach a sensitivity you like via your mouse drivers (setting the DPI) and program options. On higher settings than 6, windows moves the mouse more than one pixel for every count it receives from the mouse, meaning that there might even be certain pixles the pointer can't land on. Obviously this isn't that important in DCS, but if you need precision for something else it's worth keeping in mind.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

It is fine to get a reference so we can all compare but I think this is not what is happening. The mouse look feature is behaving erratically. Also this issue was NOT present two updates back. There isn't any changes related to this in the change log either. So that is why I am asking for feedback. Is it a bug or a feature :)

I have this problem since first 1.5 release. Also present in 2.0.

As soon as fps drops bellow 60, moving view via mouse is not smooth anymore. It decreases in speed and starts to lag significantly.

In 1.2. version mouse is super smooth at any reasonable frame rate (even at 15-20fps range)

Edited by =4c=Nikola

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...