TAW PUBLIC Dedicated Server Info

HiJack

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It comes to my ear that every player can set this option in his own DCS settings. Please explore the Mirage settings on your own client.

I've set this option ON and still have to align on your servers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10 and KA-50s had to do that for years. That's what comes with a DCS level aircraft and I don't see the reason why you should disable this realistic behavior.

If it would have been for a single-player campaign, I would definitely set the option OFF and spent 8 minutes before each mission. But I don't see any reasons doing it during quick online battles

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it would have been for a single-player campaign, I would definitely set the option OFF and spent 8 minutes before each mission. But I don't see any reasons doing it during quick online battles

Again, A-10s have it, Ka-50s have it. Why shouldn't you? It's part of the start up procedure, and it's unfair if you can just disable it and others can't.

and others can't.

are you sure they can't ? if it's taking too long, why not set this option for all aircraft to OFF on the server ?

and I thought A-10C uses GPS satelite correction for INS, so aligning may take less time (I don't own the module, never even played it)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

are you sure they can't ? if it's taking too long, why not set this option for all aircraft to OFF on the server ?

and I thought A-10C uses GPS satelite correction for INS, so aligning may take less time (I don't own the module, never even played it)

No they can't. And yes, the A-10 has the EGI navigation system (embedded GPS INS). The alignment takes about 3 minutes IIRC.

Thank you, we will check our mission settings. The missions on our servers all have different weather. You will find summer, winter, fog, wind, rain, etc... I do believe we also have missions with fair wind conditions among the 12 missions we currently run but we will do a recheck. :)

I appreciate it. I didn't mean to come across as nasty or saying the missions are bad. They are in fact pretty good and I can tell a lot of time and thought has been put into each one. My only concerns/suggestions were as I said before, the fog (its only one mission) and mainly the wind/turb. I feel like after a certain amount it makes it, not sure how to put it, a lot more than it would be on what I'd consider a normal day. Either way, thanks for the time and effort you put into the missions and replying to my post.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

All TAW EU servers is updated to 1.5.4

EU server 1 runs IC with NO EXPORTS allowed! (IC selection is hooked but none of the three options is hooked)

EU server 2 and 3 is running IC with ALL EXPORTS allowed! (IC selection is hooked and all three options is hooked)

This may change in the coming days as we learn more of the IC system. We welcome feedback.

Have fun

Edited by HiJack

TAW NA server is updated to 1.5.4 also

NA server running IC with Objects Exports allowed for now, this is all subject to change.

Millenix | 68th Virtual Fighter Squadron

AV8B | AJS-37 | F-5E | Mig-21bis | P-51D | Spitfire Mk IX | Bf-109 | M-2000C | A-10C | U1-H1 | Ka-50 | FC3

Would you mind adding those lines to each Server description page/Server Browser ?

And thank you for hosting !

All TAW EU servers is updated to 1.5.4

EU server 1 runs IC with NO EXPORTS allowed! (IC selection is hooked but none of the three options is hooked)

EU server 2 and 3 is running IC with ALL EXPORTS allowed! (IC selection is hooked and all three options is hooked)

This may change in the coming days as we learn more of the IC system. We welcome feedback.

Have fun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

had a lot of fun yesterday at one of your servers in a mission "bridge too far"

destroyed 4 bridges - had to convert MGRS coords to lat/lon though - briefing still shows only MGRS format

Mirage proved it's multifunctionality - I even managed to kill enemy F-15 near Sochi (I was hiding in the mountains from Sochi's Patriot)

I also noticed all enemy F-15s didn't carry amraams - are they prohibited ?

once again, thanks for your servers, missions are awesome!

upd: I also couldn't equip central fuel tank on my Mirage and Eclair pod. any ideas why?

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi ZHeN,,

Good to hear you are having fun on our servers!

In the briefing is stated that restricted weapons are implemented.

Once one of the KRASNODAR airbases are captured, you will have unrestricted weapons ONLY at these airbases.

Unfortunately we found that once restricted weapons are active, the M2000C can not choose fuel tanks, I don't know why this is. Maybe a bug in DCS or a bug in my eyes overlooking something ;)

I will try to see a fix for this, if I find it I will post it here.

Thanks for your message and have fun flying on our servers!

http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

Unfortunately we found that once restricted weapons are active, the M2000C can not choose fuel tanks, I don't know why this is. Maybe a bug in DCS or a bug in my eyes overlooking something ;)

I'll quote this in RAZBAM section, if you don't mind. May be they'll look into this. :thumbup:

upd: yeah, and pleeeease be so kind, put lat/lon format in briefings too :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi ZHeN,,

Good to hear you are having fun on our servers!

In the briefing is stated that restricted weapons are implemented.

Once one of the KRASNODAR airbases are captured, you will have unrestricted weapons ONLY at these airbases.

I will try to see a fix for this, if I find it I will post it here.

Thanks for your message and have fun flying on our servers!

this is probably the answer:

Most likely it's weapons quantities.

There is a "M2000 Fuel tank" item in the list, but it's for the AI Mirage 2000-5. So if they added that it won't do players any good.

The playable M-2000C uses "RPL 522 1300 liters fuel tank" for the centre tank, and "RPL 541 2000 liters fuel tank" for the wing tanks. There's actually two entries for the 541 listed in the warehouse inventory; seems to be different tanks for each wing but with the same name.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]