Wish for better 3 monitor support

SuperKungFu

So right now I have a 3 monitor setup and DCS looks great on it but its still very flawed

First, does ED want us to select the "3 monitor" option in the menu options or if we run eye-infinity or nvidia surround select "1 monitor"

Because currently I'm on the 1 monitor setup with nividia surround enable but everything is really really zoomed in. Both external view and internal view is extremely zoomed in. I have to disable my tackir Z axis in order to zoom all the way back and even so I still feel like it's a bit "too close". External views I have to zoom back each time.

Now this is what it looks like zoomed all the way back:

DCScockpit_zpsbekz6ldm.jpg

which is fine for the most part but how they render things off to the corners of the screen (especially shadows) are not really good. This is what the sides look like when the shadows are rendered but no objects. And yes I am running everything max:

Upclose_zpsqwnoqiiz.jpg

Now if I select the "3 monitor" in the menu tab, I don't have this problem. The objects on the side looks fine, everything is not so "zoomed in" in either external or internal view. But everything is in such a fisheye effect. In DCS the 3 monitor setup thinks the monitors is 90 degrees to our left and right so I can see the wings when I fly:

DCS3monitor_zpsis9z2iil.jpg

So which is the correct choice? Running in 1 monitor with Nvidia surround/eye infinity enabled or select 3 monitor. Please any help would be appreciated to correct it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 screen is the correct choice, I have never done it but I believe the main function of "3 screens" is setting up different view ports.

To solve the zoom in problem start a flight and center and pause your track IR. Set the zoom level and position that you would like and than save that setting in DCS which should be RAlt + Num0 by default. UN-pause track-ir and it should stay zoomed out.

I hope this helps, if not let me know I may be able to elaborate further.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 screens can be adjusted, but default is 90° offset.

1 screen to zoome it out, you habe to change the FoV manually in LUA.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

but external views are still stuck really zoomed in. Any way to save those views?

I have the same problem and have not bothered to fix it, other than just knowing that I have to zoom out. Perhaps someone else may be able to help with this part of the problem.

Edited by Video

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the same problem

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2594948#post2594948

RAlt+0 solving the issue, but your HUD will be messed up and in some aircraft your head will be inside headrest :)

YouTube || Copycats - technology and product clones (primarily aviation) || dgrigoriev.com
SPECS: i7 8700K (OK 5GHz), 2xGTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 1Tb SSD, WIN 10, 2560x1440, Oculus Rift CV1 || TM Warthog, TIR5, MFG Crosswind pedals

• 2 weeks later...
1 screen is the correct choice, I have never done it but I believe the main function of "3 screens" is setting up different view ports.

To solve the zoom in problem start a flight and center and pause your track IR. Set the zoom level and position that you would like and than save that setting in DCS which should be RAlt + Num0 by default. UN-pause track-ir and it should stay zoomed out.

I hope this helps, if not let me know I may be able to elaborate further.

when i unpause the trackir its get back to zoom in

• 2 weeks later...

Still not lucky with my 3 monitors setup

Well I have to say that I am disapointed by th etrippple head support.

here is My setup: and it worked well in 1.2.x , I have to say that we have a regression here:

attachment.php?attachmentid=132244&stc=1&d=1452030188

Display[1]: 1280 x 1024

Display[3]: 1920 x 1080 * Main monitor

Display[2]: 1280 x 1024

1 monitor works well but the GUI is spread all over and it makes it uncomfortable so I tryed this:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Un ecran');

Description = 'reparti sur 3 avec GUI au centre'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screen.width;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect;

}

}

Gui =

{

x = 1280;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height =1080;

}

UIMainView = Gui

but with the following result....

attachment.php?attachmentid=132245&stc=1&d=1452030719

Please figure this out.

613291460_Screensetup.JPG.bc0822a155cc62b13560719c0d916cba.JPG

1046375343_Centermonitor.thumb.JPG.ef1e4cc01e19ab1addc88fa7f5c4837b.JPG

For me, the MFCD's didn't export correctly after the 1.5 upgrade. They worked just fine with 1.2. So I poked around a bit and saw this:

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

At the end of the config. So just to try it out, I added these two lines after the above:

LEFT_MFCD = Viewports.LEFT_MFCD

RIGHT_MFCD = Viewports.RIGHT_MFCD

And it magically all worked. So try adding - at the very end:

GUI = Viewports.GUI

For more info see this link

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 5 months later...

Sorry to revive my old thread, just have another question about increasing the FOV in single player. Now I know to increase the view angle in multiplayer I adjusted the Server.lua in Config View Folder. Now I changed most of the max angle from 120 to 145, I think that's a perfect angle. Now In multiplayer that works fine but in single player it's still defaulted to 120, any way to change that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I only use Single Player mode, and editing server.lua works fine.

However, I have noticed that DCS seems to ignore the one I have in my Users/myname/Saved Games/DCS/Config/View Folder, forcing me to edit the on in my DCS Install folder. Could that be the problem?

strange, in both 1.5 and 2.0 even if I edit the view angles to 145 instead of 120, it still doesn't allow me to go that far back in single player. But in multiplayer it does...

And there's no server.lua file to edit in Users/myname/Saved Games/DCS/Config/View Folder

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

strange, in both 1.5 and 2.0 even if I edit the view angles to 145 instead of 120, it still doesn't allow me to go that far back in single player. But in multiplayer it does...

And there's no server.lua file to edit in Users/myname/Saved Games/DCS/Config/View Folder

You have to create it, if you want to override the main folder file. At least that is the way it is supposed to work (wondering about mkiii's comment).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

The whole editing of .lua files and so on needs to be sorted out come V2.0 final, or at least documented, with a bare minimum of descriptions on what to edit for 1 screen, 3 screen and single wide screen consisting of multiple monitors described, plus how to set up FOV and export instrumentation.

There is much info on these forums, about this topic, and much of it is out of date, referring to older formats of config files, and some confusion (by me at least) on issues like the one with user files being ignored.

Granted, any number of things could be causing that issue, and I would like my user configs to work. I worry about modifying files in the game folder.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

On my setup, which I pretty much left alone until 1.55 came out, it does not seem to be working at all. Now, I see no difference between Low or High settings, and even trying to see static targets on a range, where I know their locations seems to be very tricky. For example, before 1.55, flying the Mirage 200 Caucuses Ground Attack Mission, with Enlargement set to low, I could see that Civ traffic in the distance was enlarged, now that effect is missing.

Same issues here, 1 monitor setup works best. 3 monitor setting drops my fps like a brick so that's an easy decision. For the external views very close up view problem i changed a setting in View.lua.

Check if you have a View.lua in Saved Games\DCS\Config\View, if not copy it there from \Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\View.

Look for this line (@line 40 now):

ExternalViewAngleDefault = 60.0

and increase the value, i'm using 130 now which will give a bit of a wide angle effect but at least the aircraft aren't 2 monitors wide anymore.

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

• 1 month later...

I know this is a bit of an old thread now, but regarding the self editing of the lua files to alter your default fov and views. Since every update resets these, and cloning the structure for each aircraft in your saved games folder (in my case at least) sems to be ignored, I have found that doing it via Jsgme seems to do the trick. This is only an issue with those more recent aircraft that have their own views.lua files.

So I just create a folder named MyViews in the jsgme _MODS folder, containing clones of all the relevant aircraft views.lua files copied from DCS EG ..\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Bf-109K-4\Views.lua

Edit these and add them as a mod in the jsgme gui.

The folder structure used in jsgme for the mod is _MODS\MyViews\Mods\aircraft\aircrafttype where "aircrafttype" uses the exact name of the aircraft as it is in the DCS mods folder.