Bugs and problems

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great campaign!

However on Op Hammerfall 3 there was only one wingman yesterday despite a voiceover from 3

Also, oddly the one wingman I had didn't follow orders to engage air defenses and started straying North causing a radio warning. He never did rejoin and RTB'd.

Normally he does as instructed.

Still fun without him

Thanks

Pizmo

Hello. Just finished mission 6 from, well, 6-7 try.

I take off, go to mis, by JDAMs destoying zu-23 x2, SA-6, ammo depot. By maverick 2 bunkers with zu-23. M151 and gau-8 are left. I call air assault by radio and then attacking trucks or whatever is left.

When gerorian forces are on base they call RTB to me and i safely returning.

But mission hint not appearing.

on last try i returned, refuled, rearmed with 4x gbu38, 21x M151,21x mk5 and flied to base.

Overlord said RTB after i killed 2 more houses and container.

But in mission ine there was no target to destroy buildings(except bunkers). No one said that houses must be destroyed.

And also i have no idea how to destroy houses with canon and rockets.

Or where is my misunderstanding?

Track here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mfkWn2lpSyo3Bqeena5Yt0LaJWc4-uDC

• 2 weeks later...

About mission 6:

1. There is a misspell in after mission briefing. Should be "terrorists" instead of "terrorist".

2. There is some problem with RTB call. I destroyed everything and still nothing happened. After fifth try I've decided to go to base anyway.

3. The last coordinate appears to be broken (LN 855 659), it's very far and there are no targets in the area.

Great campaign. Worth every penny. Keep up the good work!

As feefifofum says, 2.5.1 has at least two bugs that affect most of the campaigns. However, it seems that for some reason you have an old version of the mission - I spent hours (literally hours, at some point I was thinking about redesigning the mission from scratch) trying to make Uzi land in 2.5 and he never would, so I found another solution.. I was certain I sent the file to ED, but just in case try this version, it is good to know that there seem to be an old version of the campaign still present...

Also, as a proof, check the last page of this thread. Sorry to hear you had trouble, I was certain this was solved, but I will re-submit the mission.

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

OK that is very weird. I will have to check that.. as normally in the new version the chopper should be destroyed (sorry for the spoiler). I am pretty sure it worked this way last time I checked so it must be something new introduced by 2.5.1 :( sorry for all the trouble, I know reflying missions must be annoying but trust me, having to upgrade them all the time can be quite annoying too..

Hey Piston, just checked it - and I misunderstood you. I thought that Uzi was circling over the landing zone unable to land (which was the issue fixed in this version) but now I see that he keeps circling over the lake, which is a clear bug (the flag that stops him from circling is there, but he never moves). I'll report it to ED. We'll have to wait for the fix, sadly as the only other way to make him move on - Switch Waypoint - is also bugged..

Well, read 2 pages and seems that bug with this mission was fixed, but...

Warning SPOILERS.

Mission with rescuing 3 captives

After i destry blockposts(south and nothern) and 2 AA trucks on base i call ANVILL.

Overlord reporting 3 more vehicles from north and i destry them too.

ANVIL clears the base and takes package.

I call UZI for evac.

After UZI says he is approaching he calls mayday(did not see hit, but 5 seconds before everything was ok)

Package starting rolling with ANVIL. ANVIL comes to friendy units and stops. Noone calls RTB to me.

I decide go back to KOBULETI. When i approach tower informs me about two hinds 700ASL and nothing more.

I request landing and tower forces me to secondary(no land permission). When i land on KOBULETI mission hint says that all is allright and mission completed.

So.

1. UZI mayday - script or i missed some MANPAD\AAA?

2. Not calling RTB after ANVIL near friendly - bug?

3. KOBULETI tower not giving permission - bug cause of script in p.2 not worked?

version 2.5.0 Steam Stable

Thanks for reporting, I will have a look. Spoilers below.

In general, since 2.5 this mission has been nothing but a headache...

So: I spent hours trying to make Uzi to land but it just wouldn’t work. Since triggers were in place to use Anvil as an alternate way of getting the soldiers out I opted to go for Uzi crashing on the approach.. not elegant way out, I know, but the only one I found short of building the whole mission from scratch.

Not calling RTB after Anvil is near friendlies - definitely a bug and something I hope to check tonight or tomorrow. How many points did you have when you landed? It might be just a missing VO.

Kobuleti not giving permission - out of my hand, but there might be some conflict with the Georgian Hinds patrolling the area around the airfield, I will check that too.

Sorry for the the trouble.

Edited by baltic_dragon

I think mainly because you are on 2.5.1 and ManWithaGun is on 2.5.0 stable.

I am finishing the work on and updates of the mission, will edit my findings and fixes below, there are quite a few!

*EDIT*

Alright, this is what I changed in M12:

A) added missing VO for Anvil that they are safe and Player may RTB

B) updated victory conditons - removed the Uzi from there and increased the number of points for Anvil

C) updated landing logic - now even if mission is failed (or not possible to finish due to a bug) the campaign will progress.

D) moved the Hinds further away from the Kobuleti, perhaps AI Tower won't go crazy anymore.

Edited by baltic_dragon

Well, for now i can't remember how much points i have, but i had popup after mission wich said "you attacked friendly, points are 0".

Also remembered - when i called JTAC - he asked me to attack 2xBuk. It seems to be a bit wrong, cause Buk are in Abkhasian territory.

Also i suddenly noticed in this mission and next to it, that i crossed border for 2-3 miles and no " you *ucked up" happened. Maybe add script with rocket launch to plane?

Mission 9: The Falcons and the Hogs not working for me in 2.5.1 Beta

Israil Falcons dont wait at point in three tanks. Then i already arrive to the point they land to base. I choose mark with wp.

Edited by oovaoosh

i7-8700K@3,7GHz | Asus ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600Mhz 32Gb | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080Ti 12Gb | SSD Samsung 970 PRO 512GB | HDD 4 GB | NZXT Kraken X72 | Corsair HX1000i | Corsair Graphite Series 780T | TM Hotas Warthog | TM Hotas Cougar | VPC WarBRD MT-50CM Flightstick | Stick Suncom F-15E Talon + BRD Base | BRD Mi-8 Pedals | TrackIR4