Controller stops responding - trimmer issue?

I don't know what causes this, whether it's a feature or a problem with my controller (TM T.16000), but many times my controller just stops responding.

Stops responding as in me pulling the stick into every direction, even extremes, plus rudder, but the chopper isn't responding and the controls indicator confirms that neither the little ball nor the rudder line are moving. The green light on my jostick is lighting up though, so the sensors are working.

Maybe it's a coincidence, but it happened several times as I was approaching to land in the last mission and it also happened at least once right after I trimmed the chopper during approach. I can't remember it happening during normal flight.

Could it be a trimmer issue?

Whatever it is, it's caused me to fail first campaign mission because it happened 3 times at that last outpost. 2 times I managed to save it by increasing collective, but the last time it was too late and I lost my tail.

Any ideas what it could be?

When you press the trim button, you need to fully return all controls to center before they'll work again. The smallest amount of rudder/stick input will prevent that return-to-center from being detected, and you'll lose all control authority.

Small addendum: There's an option called "Central Position Trimmer mode". With this set to "On", you have to return the Cyclic stick to the center before any more control input is accepted by the sim. I think that if you have "Rudder Trim" checked as well, you also have to center your rudder pedals/rudder axis, or you'll be locked out of all axis controls until you do.

With "Central Position Trimmer mode" set to off, this isn't necessary, but you're more likely to get a certain "bump" before centering the controls.

I've had it enabled for all choppers for a long time and haven't had any problems, so once you're aware of the issue, it shouldn't be a problem. :thumbup:

I've disabled all the options and to my surprise found out my flying is now much better than even when I had that autopilot assist (AI helper or something like that), especially the landings improved. Maybe because I'm being more careful now and plan the approach more rather than just plunge in. hm.

EDIT: I mean, I disabled all special options SINCE the lock-up event/first post.

The scary part now are the take-offs, the chopper just wants to tip on it's side when I increase collective (maybe I'm not gentle enough). xD

Got through the second mission of the campaign on the first try though, even with taking on extra troops, so I'm pretty happy.

Edited by tovivan