RWR volume control

Dirty Rotten Flieger

Wow I love this plane.

SO many things I like about it. I know it is a work in progress and I don't wanna complain too much about the unfinished state because I get to play with it now.... But dam the Alarm noises are so loud and annoying. I told my friends on team speak about my brand new shinny mach 2 jet fighter and they said it sounds like I am riding around on a little elf tricycle honking a little horn. The ended up begging me to stop that beeping noise.

The Mirage is like a really good looking girl with a really annoying screechy voice. It looks like there is a volume control next to the RWR display but it doesn't work yet. The many alarm is quite loud and obnoxious too. please give us the key binding to lower these volumes.

It looks like there is a volume control next to the RWR display but it doesn't work yet. The many alarm is quite loud and obnoxious too. please give us the key binding to lower these volumes.

That knob is not RWR volume it should be RWR brightness setting.

Volume control panel is on left console, behind throttle.

Read manual...

The topic name is RWR volume control and i really didn't find anything in the manual but i can be wrong. So read the manual and tell me please.

RWR does not have volume control because we did not know at release time where it was located. Since then some helpful people have informed us and we will enable it soon.

• Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

:music_whistling:

hello...

Here are my two cents..

I was also very annoyed by the loudness of the AOA/CLOSURE RATE/GEAR NOT EXTENDED etc...

WARNINGS...

I am not an expert in tweaking, and the purists would probably want to burn me for heresy but this is what I have done :

I edited the wave files in the >MOD>Aircraft>M2000C

and adjusted the volumes as I wished...

It works just fine to my convenience now :thumbup:

(still have warnings, but much less annoying)

I suppose I could have done simpler in tweaking the lua's, but I was laisy....

Thanks for the replies . Where is this manual ? I don't know where it is. I google and search but nothing ...

Really enjoying the bird though. I was just running simple 1v1 head to head against F15 armed with aim120c.

At 30,000 ft in head on I could get maximum launch of 30 nm and the Super 530 would reach 4500km/h TAS !

It was actually pretty even win loss ratio . I was surprised how much better the S 530 performs at high altitude . Of course the Mirage can launch it at mach 2 + as well :) acceleration is sterling

• 1 year later...

Kicking an old thread out of the dust. The only one I could find on the topic.

Has this been implemented yet, RWR volume control?

Just went on a server, and for my entire flight, I was being locked by some SAM site. Very loud, very annoying.

Went looking for the volume control, but no luck. Checked manual, no luck. Checked change log, nothing.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Ah, there was the bugger. Thx :thumbup:

Think it was just called 'Marker Volume' in the tooltip.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |