Removed

CptSmiley

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a serious question for the developers regarding of the flight model improvements: how realistic is the current flight model?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT6IpRhxxEk[/ame]

unlimited fuel 50%, total weight 10043kg, 0,5M sustained turn rate 27,7°/second at 1500m

because the FM is the fundamental part of a flight simulator (in my opinion)

Edited by KotofeiIvanytch

a serious question for the developers regarding of the flight model improvements: how realistic is the current flight model?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT6IpRhxxEk

unlimited fuel 50%, total weight 10043kg, 0,5M sustained turn rate 27,7°/second at 1500m

What's weird about that?

That's with the FBW Spin switch which partly disables the FBW so you can exit spins easier

It's not meant to be used during regular flight

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

What's weird about that?

That's with the FBW Spin switch which partly disables the FBW so you can exit spins easier

Is It meant to be used in dogfights for some occasions?

What's weird about that?

well, why he does not crash?

"unlimited fuel 50%, total weight 10043kg, 0,5M sustained turn rate 27,7°/second at 1500m"

i dont touch FBW during 27,7°/sec sustained turn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT6IpRhxxEk

Yes the FM is still WIP. However, I would like to be fair to Razbam. The MiG21 was also doing very funny weird things until very recently. It probably still does.

I also saswthe Su27 doing the same things as in your video and flying like a helo on the aerobatic server. This was a few months ago, meaning with PFM.

Yes the FM is still WIP. However, I would like to be fair to Razbam. The MiG21 was also doing very funny weird things until very recently. It probably still does.

I also saswthe Su27 doing the same things as in your video and flying like a helo on the aerobatic server. This was a few months ago, meaning with PFM.

I do not want to be unfair.

but with a su-27 i could never do the same tings. maybe by the way of much more complicated piloting, roughly similar with a rest of fuel, but never the same.

Maybe the supplied "EFM-programming interface" offers not the same "scope" of FM-development, i dont know, but there is a big difference...

Edited by KotofeiIvanytch

I do not want to be unfair.

but with a su-27 i could never do the same tings. maybe by the way of much more complicated piloting, roughly similar with a rest of fuel, but never the same.

Maybe the supplied "EFM-programming interface" offers not the same "scope" of FM-development, i dont know...

No discussion that the Su27 FM is more polished and mature. My point is that even the mature FM is doing unrealistic things like flying a cobra over 20 km 100m from the ground. Believe me, you can do that with the Su-27. Programing flight models is extremely complex and you can almost always find a corner case where you make the plane flying unrealistically.

Yep, I'll look into this, but you are absolutely right he amount of variables at play and interactions going on, extreme envelope situations are very hard to fully cover and probably never will. I can tell you from my day job I have seen training simulators with many gigabytes of wind tunnel data but still don't nearly cover the entire flight envelope and end up doing odd things if you force it to.

In any event, I'll see what's going on in this particular situation and try to recreate.

That's the point of beta. We are 1000s of testers helping to catch bugs and hammer them.

You be been doing a great job in fixing things and openly communicating. Thumbs up!

Implying that a a flight model is unrealistic because you have found a particular fault during a beta stage? Not really constructive criticism isn't it ?

If you think the SU-27 is better implemented, why don't you fly it instead ?

Ooooh! Because the Mirage 2000C is going to be a high fidelity module and requires much more work on : avionics, fuel system, flight model, navigation, radar... :smilewink:

Edited by Skitter
  • Like 1

Implying that a a flight model is unrealistic because you have found a particular fault during a beta stage? Not really constructive criticism isn't it ?

If you think the SU-27 is better implemented, why don't you fly it instead ?

Ooooh! Because the Mirage 2000C is going to be a high fidelity module and requires much more work on : avionics, fuel system, flight model, navigation, radar... :smilewink:

Fact

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Pretty nice video on Mirage FM in 2.0.3.

Su-35 is ashamed!

Edited by Andrei

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Nah, su-35 is still better]

That was a bit of irony :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |