Removed

CptSmiley

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Multiple bomb release logic has been updated.

Now you can set a release interval, in tens of meters (0, 10, 20, 50, etc), for the following bombs: MK-82, MK-82S and Belougas.

With a release interval you can "walk" the bombs towards a target with a single trigger press.

Multiple release and release interval do not apply to GBU12, GBU16, GBU24 and BAP-100.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

You were probably on an older version without realizing it, I'm still on 1.5.3.53279 and no updates show up. Forcing the *280 update yields a "not existing" message as well.

Yes, I think you are correct.

I checked the autoupdate_log.txt file and according to that log an update has been applied from :

[...] INFO : DCS/1.5.3.53108.79 (x86_64; EN; WORLD,POLYCHOPSIM_SA342,RAZBAM_M-2000C,FC3,P-51D,P51D-HIGHSTAKES_campaign)

INFO : branch: openbeta [...]

to

[...] INFO : Installed 123 files.

=== Log closed.

I read 1.5.3.53.280 instead of 1.5.3.53179.80 that's why.

Well wanted a new update so badly and I got one, not just what I expected ahah!

Cheers.

autoupdate_log.txt

Multiple bomb release logic has been updated.

Now you can set a release interval, in tens of meters (0, 10, 20, 50, etc), for the following bombs: MK-82, MK-82S and Belougas.

With a release interval you can "walk" the bombs towards a target with a single trigger press.

Multiple release and release interval do not apply to GBU12, GBU16, GBU24 and BAP-100.

Does the bomb Salvo start at target or centre on it?

My guess is that it can only be released in an all-at-once salvo anyways, so no need for extra ripple options in the PPA.

Edit: Yep.

The release rate and accuracy are ensured through a built in quartz-controlled intervalometer included in the adapters.
Source
Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

RET and INST bomb effect are really simulated in DCS ?

Didn't check.

I yes, note that it would depend on bomb types. It's a matter of which fuze you arm (nose+tail or tail only).

BAP-100 are anti runway bombs right?

Right.

How come we can't release them in ripple?

It's not what Zeus wrote. He wrote the settings on the PPA don't apply to them. ;)

spacer.png

RET and INST bomb effect are really simulated in DCS ?

It is working for the Bf-109 and Fw-190 at least.

The A-10C also has the option to switch between Nose and Tail (INST/RET) and I think it's working, although I haven't really tested it.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

My guess is that it can only be released in an all-at-once salvo anyways, so no need for extra ripple options in the PPA.

Edit: Yep.

Source

Your quote is for aircraft without firing computer, obviously not M-2000.

So, maybe:

- without firing computer = release interval is X ms, where X is a fix value, and bomb spacing depends on speed.

- with firing computer = release interval is X ms, where X change with speed to maintain constant and optimized impact spacing within specified speed envelope.

At the end the PPA settings still doesn't come into play.

But that's just an hypothesis, and maybe it does...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Possible, but I don't think so. Since the system claims to be entirely self-contained I'd say it only gets the "release" command from the aircraft to start the ejection process. Everything else is controlled by said intervalometer in the adapter. Here it says the interval is pre-selected on the ground.

The firing computer probably only gives you the cue of when to release your salvo (in CCIP or CCRP). Given that the release profile seems to be horizontal low and fast pass I guess we'll get CCIP in the M2000. But that's only speculation on my part. :)

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Yes CCIP makes sense.

Tgus bomb system was marketed for a wide variety of aircraft. This is why they put emphasis on ease of use and ease of integration. (France used it on Jaguar).

It doesn't means it isn't better integrated on more advanced aircrafts...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

The A-10C also has the option to switch between Nose and Tail (INST/RET) and I think it's working, although I haven't really tested it.

The question is do different fuzings do different damage. A bomb hits instant fuze on a bunker and does X% damage, on delay it does Y% damage.

The question is do different fuzings do different damage. A bomb hits instant fuze on a bunker and does X% damage, on delay it does Y% damage.

I doubt they're doing different damage in DCS. They just give you time to get out of the blast zone when doing low level bombings.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I doubt they're doing different damage in DCS. They just give you time to get out of the blast zone when doing low level bombings.

Uh? That's a misconception IMO.

The time between the nose and tail fuzes shouldn't be that big ;)

spacer.png

Uh? That's a misconception IMO.

The time between the nose and tail fuzes shouldn't be that big ;)

Indeed, we are talking in ms.

High drag bombs are buying you time to run from explosion in low altitude.

Mirage fanatic !

It depends on how ED has modeled kinetic damage. I am told that a penetration hit will try to do kinetic damage before the bomb explodes.

In RL penetration (tail fuze only) are used in specific cases; for example when you need to hit fortification like bunkers or trenches, or the interiors of buildings like warehouses or hangars in order to ensure destruction of the contents, not only of the building.

I am not sure how effective this option is in DCS at this particular time. It all depends if there are objects with content inside that can be hit.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

News about the D2M IR detector ? Because just before he work just one time, it detect a missile and nothing since.

you only get 120/R-77 missile warning the D2M is a different missile pilon with sensor from what i understand and is not implemented at this point but may or may not be in the future as it was apparently never installed on the C but was an option.

Edited by OldE24

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

It depends on how ED has modeled kinetic damage. I am told that a penetration hit will try to do kinetic damage before the bomb explodes.

In RL penetration (tail fuze only) are used in specific cases; for example when you need to hit fortification like bunkers or trenches, or the interiors of buildings like warehouses or hangars in order to ensure destruction of the contents, not only of the building.

I am not sure how effective this option is in DCS at this particular time. It all depends if there are objects with content inside that can be hit.

That's half of it. I know DCS has a "hit" damage like a bullet and an "area" damage like TNT. For it to really matter the values for a MK-82 instant and MK-82 delay would have to be different. They would effectively be two different bomb models as dropped.

The "hit" damage should never be anything but the dead weight bullet-type non-explosive damage of dropping a safe on Wille E Coyote's head. It's the wrong implementation to make that the mechanics to represent millisecond delay bomb explosions. Maybe with HEAT shaped plasma type warheads that's OK.

As far as I know no one has ever made two different versions of a bomb which is selected by fuze. For example a bomb with damage=200 radius=30 on one fuze but damage=300 radius=5 on another. That would really roughly realize variable fuze bombs.

Maybe somebody can test this by dropping a bomb without fuse on infantry or a truck. Mig21 can do it, no sure if the A10C can drop combat bombs without fuse, but it can drop training bombs...

Maybe somebody can test this by dropping a bomb without fuse on infantry or a truck. Mig21 can do it, no sure if the A10C can drop combat bombs without fuse, but it can drop training bombs...

You can do that with the current development version of the M-2000C. Just drop the bombs with the fuze selector in INERT. They won't blow up on contact with the ground.

On another note about bombs. I have just fixed the cluster bombs dispersion problem. Now the casing opens after 2.5 seconds, releasing the bomblets.

I tried to create the entry for the Belouga cluster bombs but was unsuccessful. I'll have to ask ED help for this one. Cluster bomb definition is quite complex.