Removed

CptSmiley

That was rougher than a carrier approach ... consider using a 2.5-3 deg glide-slope instead of 4.5-5 :)

0.5deg for landing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was rougher than a carrier approach ... consider using a 2.5-3 deg glide-slope instead of 4.5-5 :)

0.5deg for landing.

Yep indeed, old habit of flying the SuperBug in another flight Sim for over 6-7 years and doing Carrier Ops, as you can see, most of the pattern i made is also what i used to, instead of being 600 ft i'm at 1500 ft, flying dirty on downwind and aiming FPM as i would with the Hornet ;) But still i keep trying to maintain a 14 deg AoA that's still good :) But the purpose was to show landing is doable not that my landing was perfect unfortunetaly, my point was, even at 140-150 kts landing it's now harder to bleed air now. :)

^^This

Runway tracking is improved for takeoff, but it's still insane how badly the Mirage wants to yaw when you apply brakes after landing. Something still isn't right.

Having configured left & right brakes has been a life changer for me, even more so since I received my rudder and can be precise in braking on each side.

Full brake smash is going to end bad, left & right brakes with slight touches works wonder, you simply have to adjust which brake to use to keep straight. Landing run are slightly longer, though, but end up on the runway, on 3 intact wheels.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

I have pedals with separate brakes; you don't need "full brake mash" to see the effect.

We can accommodate and adapt to the behavior, but the landing behavior should be correct.:yes:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Guys lemme tell you something you have to test for your selfs ...

Go do a normal landing with the Mirage and after you touch down pull the stick back until you touch the ground with the nose wheel

Then without touching the brakes Push the stick forwards and see the Plane go left or right until you crash.

You can even use trim to pull the nose down and after that even if you don't use brakes Plane will go left or right after a while.

I doubt that brakes are the issue I think it has to do with something else

I recommend you test this out for yourselfs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

I've landed a lot and I didn't see this bug, maybe this is happening because of the full forward stick...

The force vector in the yaw axis from pushing the stick forward = 0.

Go do a normal landing with the Mirage and after you touch down pull the stick back until you touch the ground with the nose wheel

Then without touching the brakes Push the stick forwards and see the Plane go left or right until you crash.

You can even use trim to pull the nose down and after that even if you don't use brakes Plane will go left or right after a while.

Confirmed that this procedure causes the aircraft to yaw to the left at about 85 knots. The yaw accelerates, too. However, I doubt anyone has been pushing forward on the stick when they experience the problem.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Just re-tested, I can confirm when forward stick is applied once nosewheel touches the ground, there's yaw to the left.

Not when you simply let the nosewheel set up on ground, and do a "normal" landing, without crosswind, there's no noticeable yaw in this case, the planes handles fine and goes forward as expected.

There shouldn't be a yaw axis force when pushing the stick forward, but there seems to be one in game, that's the principle of a bug : unexpected behaviour that shouldn't be there.

But again, I don't have the issue if I don't push stick forward once 3 wheels are on ground, and that's not something that is really expected from normal landing, so all in all, I wouldn't say landing is broken.

If it can be corrected without side effect, sure. If that means breaking something else that is working..... uhm uhm ...

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Zeus, can we expect that you fix the CCM unlock issue? For example if I have a lock on a target and want to unlock it and lock another one in my boresight, I wouldnt be able to get rid of the first lock even if it is way off the HUD...

Cheers!

I am having this problem as well. Even after pressing unlock and having the original target way off axis with a new target dead-ahead, it still relocks the old target.

I am having this problem as well. Even after pressing unlock and having the original target way off axis with a new target dead-ahead, it still relocks the old target.

I'll check.

It will help if you can send me a track file.

Also what CCM mode were you using?

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I'll check.

It will help if you can send me a track file.

Also what CCM mode were you using?

Getting this as well. Made a short track from the guns instant action. After locking I'm just unlocking and going into boresight, at which point it relocks off axis.

There's even some of the flickering returning against the Su27.

Version:1.5.4.57288

M2000C CCM relocking.trk

Getting this as well. Made a short track from the guns instant action. After locking I'm just unlocking and going into boresight, at which point it relocks off axis.

There's even some of the flickering returning against the Su27.

Version:1.5.4.57288

I checked part of your track file and I could tell something: You were switching a lot from boresight to horizontal scan.

In fact a couple of times when the radar autolocked to an off boresight target it was because the CCM was on horizontal scan. You unlocked, switched to boresight and then switched to horizontal scan, probably while looking for vertical scan.

Check the CCM status icon next to the selected weapon description. In this particular mission it was CAN.

So I saw you going:

CAN | = Vertical Scan.

Then you went to the merge, lost the contact and switched to horizontal scan.

CAN --

It locked something to your side

Unlocked

Called CCM, which by default will start with boresight:

CAN O

And then switched back to horizontal scan!!

CAN --

And again the radar locked into something to your side.

And you were fighting the radar and not your enemy.

I think you should check the keyboard assignation for CCM. You were hitting Special Modes AFT instead of Special Modes FWD.

The keybinds are:

Special Modes FWD cycles from Boresight -> Vertical Scan -> Boresight for guns and magics or Boresight -> HUD Scan -> Boresight for S530Ds

Special Modes AFT cycles from Horizontal Scan 1 -> Horizontal Scan 2 -> Horizontal Scan 1 for all weapons.

Always remember to check the icons in the HUD:

Boresight: CAN O, MAG O or 530 O

Vertical Scan: CAN |, MAG |

HUD Scan: 530 []

Horizontal Scan: CAN --, MAG -- or 530 --. Also in the case of Horizontal Scan a legend appears on the other side of the HUD indicating the mode: BAH or BA2 for Mode 1 and Mode 2 respectively.

Commit to memory the search zones for CCM modes:

Boresight: 3.5º cone.

Vertical Scan: 7º wide, 70º High (20º below the horizon and 50º above it).

HUD Scan: 20º cone.

Horizontal Scan: 120º wide and 7º Tall (60 azimuth and 2 bar search). Also Horizontal Scan is stabilized in pitch and roll. Although you can manage radar elevation. It basically works like normal mode with autolock.

• Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I unbound the aft mode for this specifically, I'll have to check the input file but something is clearly wrong with my unlock command then and not the radar.

I get your frustration but I could see that you were switching to horizontal scan a lot.

Check your track and watch the CCM status icon in the HUD.

I'm more confused than frustrated. I've watched the track several times, I recorded it and watched it frame by frame. At no point did I press mode aft. (Actually I did press it on the keyboard twice right here, this is the only point where I press mode aft.) The rest of the time was spent HOTAS only with no access to the mode aft button, I have triple checked that.

To make sure I did in fact do nothing wrong, I have also renamed the input lua to generate a fresh one, repaired the game and deleted every single input in the control menu. Rebound mode forward and unlock, I retried all of this with only two keybinds in the entire module and the same thing happens.

I even unbound the end mission command which was rather inconvenient.

If this is caused by something I'm doing wrong, I have no idea what it is.

This is me tracking the MiG23 in boresight CCM.

This is where I press the unlock/cancel special mode button. This is not horizontal CCM, it's RWS with the cannon selected.

As opposed to this which is my horizontal scan mode 2

I then press the mode forward key once, it goes into boresight and locks the previously locked MiG23, well outside the boresight.

Edit: Could it be locking the first thing it comes across while the antenna is in transit from RWS to the bar pattern of the commanded CCM? Maybe that's too far fetched.

Edited by Vladinsky

I'm more confused than frustrated. I've watched the track several times, I recorded it and watched it frame by frame. At no point did I press mode aft. (Actually I did press it on the keyboard twice right here, this is the only point where I press mode aft.) The rest of the time was spent HOTAS only with no access to the mode aft button, I have triple checked that.

To make sure I did in fact do nothing wrong, I have also renamed the input lua to generate a fresh one, repaired the game and deleted every single input in the control menu. Rebound mode forward and unlock, I retried all of this with only two keybinds in the entire module and the same thing happens.

I even unbound the end mission command which was rather inconvenient.

If this is caused by something I'm doing wrong, I have no idea what it is.

This is me tracking the MiG23 in boresight CCM.

This is where I press the unlock/cancel special mode button. This is not horizontal CCM, it's RWS with the cannon selected.

As opposed to this which is my horizontal scan mode 2

I then press the mode forward key once, it goes into boresight and locks the previously locked MiG23, well outside the boresight.

Since this is the standard guns mission. I"ll fly it and check.

Hi, could we have the 1st person/in cockpit pilot body IF SELECTED IN OPTIONS to be show... be shown from the start as all the other modules?

If we chose to show that pilot body there is no point in adding an extra step like an "Are you surely sure you want to see it?" question.

I understand that there are some people (including some of my friends) that don't like this option but some of us like it and it feels awkward this way of implementing it differently than the other modules. Even the announcement when this feature was available sounded awkward like a punishment for daring to want such thing.

"Pilot body available BUT turned off at the start."

Why? Isn't it turned off by default? Why is the setting in the option to SHOW it then? If I choose in the option to not show the pilot body I think the keyboard shortcut still works and I still can show it.

Then why the setting?

Anyway... It used to be simple to do this by simply editing the mainpanelinit.lua file like bellow but for M2000C it doesn't seem to work.

2R89wxC.jpg

Please. Could we the ones that choose to show that pilot body have it shown from the start? Thank You!

P.S. I bolded and made with capital letters the "if selected in options" in an attempt to stop the usual burned people that jump up hitting the ceiling that they don't want it please turn it off omg the time spent to develop it could have been used to save a kitten etc etc etc etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least