Removed

CptSmiley

Bro ... please ... Seperate module just because of an extra magic pylon compatibility

Please what? Please drop realism over "game mechanics"? Having been with the series since LOMAC, yes I do maintain my point on keeping it as real as possible.

You look at it as "just an extra magic supporting pylon", I look at it as M2000C that`s half French half Greek and wonder, what is it that I´m really flying...

Edited by zerO_crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received both updates (1.5 stable and 1.5 beta) and did a quick look in de mission designer to look for the eclair en new Magic options. No joy for the stable branch (to be expected), but... the beta has them :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :pilotfly:

So I assume everything else from the changelog is part of the beta branch too now. :D

Just received both updates (1.5 stable and 1.5 beta) and did a quick look in de mission designer to look for the eclair en new Magic options. No joy for the stable branch (to be expected), but... the beta has them :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :pilotfly:

So I assume everything else from the changelog is part of the beta branch too now. :D

Downloading the patch, gonna check now

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Whats the use for eclair pod?

It carries 18 additional chaff and 16 additional flares. It increases the chaff/flare count to 130/32.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Please what? Please drop realism over "game mechanics"? Having been with the series since LOMAC, yes I do maintain my point on keeping it as real as possible.

You look at it as "just an extra magic supporting pylon", I look at it as M2000C that`s half French half Greek and wonder, what is it that I´m really flying...

I'm with you on this. I'm very happy with the M2000 module so far and RAZBAM is doing an awesome job, but the addition of 2 more Magics is something I really disapprove for the same reasons you said.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm with you on this. I'm very happy with the M2000 module so far and RAZBAM is doing an awesome job, but the addition of 2 more Magics is something I really disapprove for the same reasons you said.

Please leave the 2 additional Magics in :thumbup:

If people don't want to use them they don't have to.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This was discussed among us but unfortunately at this time there is no way for us to limit weapons load based on nationality. You are not required to use them and if you check, the 4 Magic II load is not part of the default loads.

Unlike other weapons systems like the EXOCET, the additional Magic II can be used with the current avionics.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Did the new changes make it into the updates this week? I'm absolutely itching for the radar fixes.

They have been released to the Open Beta.

Great update !

But playing with 3 differents versions of DCS is becoming a nightmare...

Never have the last module update you want on the good map or your friend don't have the beta or alpha version to play multiplayer... :glare:

Eclair pod is actualy only an eye-candy when you select it on point n°10 and it's not linked to counter mesure selector on the ME's right side, isn't it ?

So will it change in the futur ? Because actualy you can choose impossible counter mesure load.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

They have been released to the Open Beta.

Sorry but, is there a changelog for today update ? I don't find it :(

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Great update !

Never have the last module update you want on the good map or your friend don't have the beta or alpha version to play multiplayer... :glare:

Eclair pod is actualy only an eye-candy when you select it on point n°10 and it's not linked to counter mesure selector on the ME's right side, isn't it ?

So will it change in the futur ? Because actualy you can choose impossible counter mesure load.

It is working. The chaff/flare count should read 130/32 when you use it, instead of the 112/16 when you don't.

It won't start Zeus, did you change anything in the starting process?

Check this post: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2776986&postcount=7

Edited by Zeus67

Great update !

Use these 2 lines to switch between 1.5 beta and release

DCS_updater.exe update @release

DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta

and have an extra client for 2.0 that's how I do it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

This was discussed among us but unfortunately at this time there is no way for us to limit weapons load based on nationality. You are not required to use them and if you check, the 4 Magic II load is not part of the default loads.

Unlike other weapons systems like the EXOCET, the additional Magic II can be used with the current avionics.

Good thing that you didn't do it.

Loadout limitations based on nationality is definitely not a good idea IMO (what if I want to fly Canadian? no Mirage at all?).

What would've been acceptable is a loadout limitation based on configuration (for example using 4 magic would prevent use of eclair pod if the Greek version couldn't use it), but if there are not conflicting loadouts then it's not even necessary to go there.

About eclair pod, are the quantities fixed? I understand the need to add flares but I wonder why it is adding chaffs, the base 112 is already a lot.

About eclair pod, are the quantities fixed? I understand the need to add flares but I wonder why it is adding chaffs, the base 112 is already a lot.

Because the modelized pod allow 2 blocks of chaffs and 1 block of flares IRL.

I guess manufacturer/air force though it would be a good idea. Perhaps dates back to when Spirale internal chaff launcher weren't available?

spacer.png

It is working. The chaff/flare count should read 130/32 when you use it, instead of the 112/16 when you don't.

When you start a new mission in ME yes it display 112/16, that's right.

But even without the pod I can set 130/32 (and in cockpit it display 128/32).

And to add the pod don't increase 112/16 to 130/132 automaticaly.

If you play with Chaff and flare cursors you will see there is a problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Because the modelized pod allow 2 blocks of chaffs and 1 block of flares IRL.

I guess manufacturer/air force though it would be a good idea. Perhaps dates back to when Spirale internal chaff launcher weren't available?

Slight correction: The Éclair pod adds 2 more blocks of chaff and flares. Each chaff block carries 9 bundles. Each flare block carries 8 flares.