[REPORTED] Model Visibility Issues

Mohamengina

It would be nice if a distance based transparency was added so that the sky isn't filled with dots as it is today.

Tie the transparency to distance and object size and you will have a reasonable interim system which is fairly cheap to execute since these mechanisms already exist in-game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't make sense that a WIP product is available in a release brunch. Sorry won't bite. And I have zero hopes of this being solved following that road, as many engines may come and go. It is still 2D.

I agree. I've been hearing this rap about visibility since 2014, when I bought my first WWII modules. It is surprising that people were flying in these conditions to this day. I was not, because all the talk prevented me from even trying (I was flying elsewhere).

Hearing about the Normandy map, I gave it a go at the 1.5 version to begin getting acquainted to the modules, because my plan was to fly basically everyday, and yes, I am not sure how people were flying in those conditions (simply unplayable). After a few weeks of struggle I quit the 1.5 version and waited for the Normandy release. Then they release a new engine with the same ghost / blend planes against the terrain. Dot spotting is better, but visibility in turnfighting against the terrain under blue skies is still awful. I could be right now at the servers, but I am not. I just log in to test the visibility to try to understand what's going on.

For some reason it seems that visibility is not on their radar, because the WWII modules are out for years. They really need to look into it.

-- Win10 Pro, Philips 298P4QJEB (2560X1080), i5-9600K, Zalman 9900NT, GA-Z390 UD, GTX 1060 GamingX 6GB, 16GB 3200Mhz CL16, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, Corsair AX-750W, Carbide 300R, G940, TrackIR 5 --

• ED Team

The graphics engine is still a WIP, things are changing all the time, this effects visibility all the time. You want them to fix an issue that is continually changing as they shape and improve the lighting, and graphics... I dont get how they are supposed fix it every time, then start over.

Also the fact that you admit to not spending any time with the sim, makes sense that you dont feel its any better, or not being worked on. Fact is, it is, fact is it still needs work, fact is it will get better. Spotting is like any other skill, it takes practice and its not easy. Yes the sim can improve, but I am willing to bet a guy on his first combat mission wasnt as good a spotter as someone that flew many missions (relative experience in other sims/games doesnt count as the engine changes so do the spotting qualities)

SO I dont know what else to tell you, it is tough go when things change so much, if you arent happy, turn on labels, or take a break. But expecting them to chase the graphics engine is just going to take resources away from getting to where they need to be, and that is the final merge to 2.5.

Also, this is a bug thread, Please use it for reporting bugs as requested in my Signature. If you are here just to gripe about it, its not helpful and not needed at this time.

So on that, I am closing this thread, this issue is reported, the issue is being discussed internally, and the issue is being worked on as it can be around changes in the new engine.

I agree. I've been hearing this rap about visibility since 2014, when I bought my first WWII modules. It is surprising that people were flying in these conditions to this day. I was not, because all the talk prevented me from even trying (I was flying elsewhere).

Hearing about the Normandy map, I gave it a go at the 1.5 version to begin getting acquainted to the modules, because my plan was to fly basically everyday, and yes, I am not sure how people were flying in those conditions (simply unplayable). After a few weeks of struggle I quit the 1.5 version and waited for the Normandy release. Then they release a new engine with the same ghost / blend planes against the terrain. Dot spotting is better, but visibility in turnfighting against the terrain under blue skies is still awful. I could be right now at the servers, but I am not. I just log in to test the visibility to try to understand what's going on.

For some reason it seems that visibility is not on their radar, because the WWII modules are out for years. They really need to look into it.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png