Snakeyes low level drop

Alejo68

Don´t you think it is too difficult to hit targets with them?

Eventhough it is not the procedure stated in the manual, I tryed to make low level bombings with Snakeyes in CCIP, at 500/600 feet (about 420 kts). I can perfectly see and align the piper with the target, and the bombs explosion give me enough time to get out of the splinter radius. But I mostly missed all my drops, even to big buldings. I mean, it was a difficulty I was not expecting. Of course it could just be me...

BTW, Thank you Razbam, this module has become the one I was waiting for.

If you stay at low level is better to drop a little before the target, cause of the gliding path. Is better IMHO to drop with a dive of 15-20° from an altitude like 2000ft

Pain is weakness leaving your body...

My Hangar:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- CPU: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 3.60GHz to 5.00GHz

- MB: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390

- GPU: ASUS STRIX RTX 2080 SUPER OC 8GB

- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (8GB x4)

- Storage: 1TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

- PSU: ASUS ROG THOR 850W

- Monitor: ASUS ROG XG248Q

- Case: ASUS ROG HELIOS

- Mouse: ASUS ROG CHAKRAM

- Keyboard: ASUS ROG STRIX FLARE

- Headset ASUS ROG DELTA

- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog SN #95039

I made a practice mission with unlimited ammo so I could ripple them, then within 30secs I had 8 more to try again. Was down to 300' and 400Kts and no damage to Jet and the target gets destroyed. Lots of fun :)

Could you try the same but with one bomb drops? My last practice I was trying to hit an Il76, to no avail...

Anyone know why the Mk-82 Snakeyes can only be dropped in CCIP?

The retarding tail in the Snakeye was specifically designed to allow for very low-level bombing runs. It would make sense that the guidance mode for these should be CCRP, to allow for 500' AGL runs at high speed over a defended target using CCRP.

The retarding tail in the Snakeye was specifically designed to allow for very low-level bombing runs. It would make sense that the guidance mode for these should be CCRP, to allow for 500' AGL runs at high speed over a defended target using CCRP.

French design ...

(I wondered the same - but all I could find was "it is designed that way by the engineers")

Try 300ft/ 550kt

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I found them to be very precise.

Last night I made a mission for our squadron where we attaked ships at a bay with heavy AA defence whith a 70 % accurasy.

In the mirage CCIP or CCRP mode is specific for each weapon type. Snakeyes always use CCIP. (Plain MK-82 uses CCRP).

A few tips:

Fly at 400 knots or faster (inst. in the manual): CCIP piper will be in the hud flying low and level and it will give you just the time to fly away of the blast.

Turn on radio altimeter switch (under the HUD) and use RS mode (not TAS, bugged for now), RS is selected just above where bombs are selected.

Fly low and level aligned with the target. By low I mean 50-150 feets. I prefer 45-70 feets. Under 30 feets you may damage your plane with the explotion, above 200 and you will start to miss.

I prefer to release them in pares. The spacing function is not working in beta.

Edited by JorgeIII

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

I found them to be very precise.

Last night I made a mission for our squadron where we attaked ships at a bay with heavy AA defence whith a 70 % accurasy.

A few tips:

Fly above 400 knots: CCIP piper will be in the hud flying low and level and will give time to fly away of the blast.

Turn on radio altimeter and use RS mode (not TAS, bugged for now).

Fly low and level aligned with the target. By low I mean 50-150 feets. I prefer 45-70 feets. Under 30 feets you may damage your plane with the explotion, above 200 and you will start to miss.

I prefer to release them in pares. The spacing function is not working in beta.

Thank you very much Jorge, probably that was the problem. I was not using Radio Altimeter (RS), I was using TAS.

Thanks again

I do think they are meant to be ripple released.

I release them from around 500 meters altitude (don't pin me for metric, that's the way I'm used to judging distance :D), and CCIP pipper appears just fine for me.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Yes ripple release would be normal, but it's not working at the moment. Specifically, the impact distance setting has no effect, so if you set it to drop e.g. 6 bombs, it will try to drop all 6 bombs at once.

As a side-effect, if you've got dual bombs on any pylons, it'll only be able to drop one of them. Presumably this is to avoid the bombs hitting each other after release, and once the impact interval setting works you'll be able to drop a string of 8 bombs with one (long) press of the trigger.

Well, it doesn't have an A-G radar, so CCIP is probably just the easier option for targeting, especially since you need visual on the target to use CCRP (Difficult to use at low-level when following terrain). I'd imagine (Given the M2K's role) that the M2K would be at a high enough alt to dive bomb anyway, and it has the power to do a proper pop-up from low altitude. Just less faffing about in the mode anyway (And iirc, the CCRP is still manual consent anyway).