Crash while loading Campaign Mission

SnowTiger

I have been trying to get into Mission 11 of the Deployment Campaign but every time I go to load the mission, I Crash to Desktop half way through the mission loadup.

I think I have attached my Log File but not sure if it took ~~!!??

SnowTiger:joystick:

• ED Team

not seeing any log at the moment, a guide is in my signature if you need help

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks BIGNEWY for providing detailed Attachment Instructions.

I didn't even notice your Link until after I posted (and failed to attach anything useful).

Anyway, I believe THIS Post will be successful re: Attachment of Log.zip

BTW - I have since managed to get into that mission (which was actually Mission 10).

But I continue to have the same Crash to Desktop Issue with other missions in the same Campaign.

Oddly, in Mission 10 OR 11 (both of which keep crashing my DCS), I discovered a truly unique BUG in which the "ROLL" axis for TrackIR 5 (track clip pro) is back-asswards. That is to say, that when I rolled my head left, the screen/cockpit would roll right and visa versa.

I have never seen anything do that before or since, but it was consistent in that mission.

I triple-checked my TrackIR and even flew a couple Single Player Missions that I created without issue. But every time I managed to get into said mission, the ROLL axis was reversed. Truly Strange. I can only believe that it was something specific to that mission.

I can provide the specific mission name if it will help.

It seems to me that it can only be That Mission because no other mission or situation created that problem (before or after) but it was consistent every time I managed to get into to the mission. Ultimately, I just went ahead and flew the mission, being thankful that I got in at all.

Logs.zip

PS> In fact, the TrackIR issue was in Mission 10 "BACK TO TEBERDA".

Hopefully that helps.

Although I doubt anyone plans on changing any of the older campaigns (but one never knows).

Thanks in Advance for taking the time to review my Crash To Desktop issue.

It continues to this day. But only when trying to advance in the Deployment Campaign.

PS> In fact, the TrackIR issue was in Mission 10 "BACK TO TEBERDA".

Hopefully that helps.

Although I doubt anyone plans on changing any of the older campaigns (but one never knows).

I am actively working on quite a lot of the old campaigns / missions for A-10c / Ka-50 / su-25T / FC-3 DCS modules to fix issues, but it is a mammoth task for one person.

The Ka-50 stuff is one of the last I am doing though.

Will get it done one day.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

I do hope they can resolve the Crash to Desktop issue soon.

It makes flying the Campaign pretty much impossible.

Today, I managed to fly the Last Mission.

I just got finished killing the last vehicle in the convoy only to CTD right then and there.

Giant Frustration.

This roll-over from 1.2 to 2 (or 1.5) is a bit too painful for my liking.

I guess it's time to go back to BF4 for a few months. Hopefully the dust will have settled by then.

Crash to Desktop STILL

This is getting to be SUPER FRUSTRATING.

I can't finish a damn campaign because either I crash to desktop loading the damn mission or I get a crash to desktop just as I'm finishing off the last 1 or 2 targets or I just get my A$$ shot off.

Surely this Crash to Desktop issue can be fixed ?

I am now attaching my 3rd Log.zip {Logs 3.zip}

Logs 3.zip

• ED Team

Thanks for the PM, lets try some basic stuff first to see if we can resolve this issue.

rename your dcs folder C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS keep it as a backup for now

restart dcs it will create a fresh folder, now redo your settings ingame. you can move your input folder back from the old one so you do not have to do your controls again.

ensure your Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 is up to date

try a DCS repair

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

I just had a quick go on mission 10 deployment with the KA-50 and I was not getting the crash.

That is not to say it is not happening, maybe I did something different during the mission that did not trigger the same result.

can I ask if you do repeat the crash could you attach the mission track for me, called LastMissionTrack.trk.

It can be found in your appdata folder, which is a hidden folder by windows by default.

(Google show appdata folder for a guide)

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\LastMissionTrack.trk

LastMissionTrack file.

Please find attached, the LastMissionTrack file.

Please Note: This is mission 12 which I have tried to complete so many times I can't remember. But it is important to note that the last time I flew, I actually revised the mission to save time (because I'm sick of it).

However, I don't believe that it is relevant because I have had the Exact Same Crash a couple of times .. just as I'm finishing off the last couple targets (in the stock/un-revised mission).

This is a bit different because rather than crashing to desktop while the mission is loading, I manage to get in and fly and it CTD's at or near the end of the mission.

Generally, the CTD's experienced are during mission loadup (before you ever get to see the cockpit).

But this very situation (crash at end of mission) has happened several times.

That said, I get as many CTD's as I have simply gotten into the mission and just gotten killed !

EDIT>> I just got the following while trying to attach the file:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

So now what ?

PS> I also tried Zipping it as described in a link in your first reply in this thread. I got the same error message.

Crashing while loading campaign missions

I am also crashing after loading any mission in both 1.5 beta and 2.0 alpha. But I am able to play the instant missions. Tried overclocking gpu and without overclocking. Gave admin permissions to all DCS folders on my pc just for fun. Chose to debug and see what might be the process causing the error and it says "a_10protect.pdb not loaded". :huh:

**EDIT:: I have uninstalled 1.5 and kept 2.0. I also noticed I had the old 1.x files still in my ED>DCS folder. I then checked my SavedGames folder and sure enough there were 2 folders one was a plain DCS folder with all the files that should be there the other was a folder labeled DCS.openbeta but did not have any files. I deleted that folder as well as any other folders not related to my 2.0 install. I then did a clean install of 1.5 open beta and voila. No more crashes, better FPS, and faster menus. I'm no expert but I'm guessing it was trying to reference the two folders and the beta couldn't load properly because it was referencing an empty folder?? Hope this helps someone.

Logs.zip

Systeminfo.zip

Edited by Universal0ne

Just edit your posts instead of creating a new one each time. We will get them.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.