Cant figure out what causes this?

ok well it doenst matter what I fly (here its mig29)

im using the AtoA missles... (6 on keyboard for the mode)... ill lock on 1 target, shoot it down, then there would be another target and I cant lock on to it.. no matter waht... changing modes doesnt solve it... only thingk I can shoot is cannons if I switch to them.. heres an example i get the guy in the circle but when I press "lock" target it wont... heres the screenshot

lomac.jpg

I see a couple things wrong with this screenshot

First, turn off easy radar, trust me- it doesn't matter if you are new or not, it does more harm than good since it screws up something

second, if you are that close, press 4 for bore site view

third, move the circle to where the enemy plane is at using these keys ;,./ as in up down left right. Once your circle in on top of the enemy, then press tab to lock.

You should go through the training mission first or look at the manual. Plus theres a great tutorial site over at http://www.flankertraining.com/ironhand/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I see a couple things wrong with this screenshot

First, turn off easy radar, trust me- it doesn't matter if you are new or not, it does more harm than good since it screws up something

second, if you are that close, press 4 for bore site view

third, move the circle to where the enemy plane is at using these keys ;,./ as in up down left right. Once your circle in on top of the enemy, then press tab to lock.

You should go through the training mission first or look at the manual. Plus theres a great tutorial site over at http://www.flankertraining.com/ironhand/

well does it matter if its in mode 6 or 4? shouldnt it lock on either way? I know that the circle needs to be over the guy.. its just happened to be off him when I took the screenshot.. so I have it over him and press TAB and it doesnt work =/ doesnt lock on.. as if Im not pressing anything... and i know TAB is lock because I just killed a guy that way right before him

ok i just ran into it again and this time I noticed that it does that after I switch modes.. say I shoot down 1st guy with mode 6 at 3km away... then I switch to mode 4 or (any mode) and it wont lock on anymore... even if I go back to mode 6 it wont lock =/

You are trying to use FI0(ФИ0) mode which use rocket's guidance system to lock onto a target. You cannot lock a target manualy in that mode, it will happen automaticaly. Disregard that mode unless you have radar/eos failure. Use other ones, like vertical scan.

Athlon64 3500+; A8V-DX; 1Gig PC3200; Quadro4 980XGL; SCSI; Win2K3;

MacBook Pro 17"

X52 tweak: http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=16972

Looks like you're trying to fly right off the bat without even bothering watching the training tutorials or reading the manual.

Please take the time to watch the training tracks for the Flanker that comes with the game. It will give you the rundown on ALL system modes, which is your problem here.

As said above, you're using a mode which was intended as a last resort if you had a radar failure! Use "2" for search/scan, and "3, 4, 5" for up close A2A modes

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

Looks like you're trying to fly right off the bat without even bothering watching the training tutorials or reading the manual.

Please take the time to watch the training tracks for the Flanker that comes with the game. It will give you the rundown on ALL system modes, which is your problem here.

As said above, you're using a mode which was intended as a last resort if you had a radar failure! Use "2" for search/scan, and "3, 4, 5" for up close A2A modes

i watched the tutorials.. just hard to remember everything its ALOT of information all at once...

EOS ~ a laser range finder & optical tracking targeting system - no radar - no lock warning. 'I' toggles you the radar, 'O' toggles the EOS.

As Disso said - only use '6' if everything is broken.

Stick to '2' for BVR, '3' (locks automaticaly WVR), '4' or '5' (helmet slaved targeting).

Cheers.

i watched the tutorials.. just hard to remember everything its ALOT of information all at once...

Remember all the hassle with VHS tapes? Well, in this game you can rewind the whole thing just by clicking 3 times on some buttons. Easy eh? It gets better: with the "S" key you can pause the action, and take as lang as you like to read the text/write down the required actions. Trust me, with the su-25T you won't be even thinking about using your missiles if you haven't seen the tutorials.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Like i said, you really need to look over the tutorials again. If its too much information, download the tutorial videos from

http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&subcat=50&lang=en&PHPSESSID=3048d90f67bcec582e9e212f1cadc6bd

And the rewind, pause, fast forward to the place you want (note: these videos do not include some of ironhands but he does host some of his videos on his site). Grab a pencil and write some notes down while watching those videos. Then get into the game and fly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Romik is on the $$, here. You are in a mode that puts the responsibility of acquistion & locking on the missile seeker head- which is aligned along the longitudinal axis of the plane. (you can't move it) It only has something like a 2 degree view. Place the target in the ASE circle and you'll get a tone/ flashing circle. Fox 2. Typically this is a backup mode only used when your aircraft's sensors have been rendered useless.

''I'' activates radar and gives away your cover, because of the radar signals. ''O'' activates EOS (Electr Optical System), which searches only for thermal signatures and it doesn't give you away.

Get TekaTeka's tutorials in avi format http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=16073&highlight=tekateka

Radar modes are not that hard to understand in russian birds, you'll get used to them sooner then you think.I use only three modes and two of them are very related, so just turn off the Easy radar option ;)

Edit: shizzle fnizzle, those videos are gone - that's a shame, they where nittly tied with html page together - what a shame :(

mt-2003-sun-corona.jpg

Yes, and since a radar-only failure is nearly impossible (only by clipping an other aircraft with your nose), it's useless, but still cool that we have it.

Well, not that useless. You can get RADAR/EOS failure along with hud failure but without loosing control of the plane, you can switch to FI0 mode and turn on the failsafe hud-mode (I think it's '9') so an aiming net will be displayed on the hud. And if you are lucky enough you can score some hit in a dogfight. Atleast I got one online. :-P

Romik is on the $$, here.

Hm... Don't think I'm getting the meaning. Sry.

Athlon64 3500+; A8V-DX; 1Gig PC3200; Quadro4 980XGL; SCSI; Win2K3;

MacBook Pro 17"

X52 tweak: http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=16972

Well, not that useless. You can get RADAR/EOS failure along with hud failure but without loosing control of the plane, you can switch to FI0 mode and turn on the failsafe hud-mode (I think it's '9') so an aiming net will be displayed on the hud.

Yes.. but you can only do this with 1.12 (or maybe with 1.1 too, don't know). In 1.0x you can only select the backup grid (setka, and the key is '8') and than you can switch between ground pounding weapons with D or to gun with C. In 1.12 you can turn on the setka regardless of what mode you're in.

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

Sorry SuperKungFu, I'm blind and need a white cain.

I could use a grid tutorial for A2G - I still haven't learned how to use this mode in LOMAC nor it is explained in the manual. Would someone be so nice to make a track, to show me how to use it?

mt-2003-sun-corona.jpg

Sorry SuperKungFu, I'm blind and need a white cain.

I could use a grid tutorial for A2G - I still haven't learned how to use this mode in LOMAC nor it is explained in the manual. Would someone be so nice to make a track, to show me how to use it?

very complicated to explain and learn. instead, just turn on unlimited weapons and get an idea of what you get with different weapons, hights and speeds.

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.