MSN-02 feedback

Bullant

Loving the idea of the campaign, and ignoring the fact that I forgot to close the canopy before taking off ...

There seems to be a real timing issue with this mission.

Ford 4, the flight that I am supposed to follow, taxis out and takes off before I can even get my engines started. I ended up taking off from the taxi-way so that I had any chance of catching them. And even then I was getting instructions to turn north east before I'd even taken off!

Not sure how easy this would be to fix, but it is a real immersion killer :(

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Loving the idea of the campaign, and ignoring the fact that I forgot to close the canopy before taking off ...

There seems to be a real timing issue with this mission.

Ford 4, the flight that I am supposed to follow, taxis out and takes off before I can even get my engines started. I ended up taking off from the taxi-way so that I had any chance of catching them. And even then I was getting instructions to turn north east before I'd even taken off!

Not sure how easy this would be to fix, but it is a real immersion killer :(

Same issue, in conjuction with waypoints not functioning in f-15. Its stuck at wp 0. Burn alot of gas getting caught up to radar trail with lead 4ship. Wingman ends up ejecting due to fuel starvation after heading straight home with his bingo call.

on

Not too sure about the timing issues mine played fine, sorry. As for being stuck on wp 0, cycle Nav sources back to Nav then try to cycle waypoints. Does the trick for me.

I5 2500k@4.4ghz, GTX980 OC, 16gb Gskill 12800 DDR3 ram, ssd. Thrustmaster warthog, CH pedals. Track ir 4p

Well part of the timing issue appears to be originating in the bullseye as mission way point situation.

The way point timings in the briefing and the mission would match IF you actually flew out to bullseye. Since you skip it you're on station way too early.

The "jump start" is another issue as is the catching up afterwards. EDIT: The second time it worked out ok.

Also the briefing says DCA Vul time 20 whereas in the mission it said 40 at one time plus WP numbers are off (you actually can end the mission there) but according to the briefing you should be staying until relieved by Ford5/6. However those guys never showed up - not sure if that is due to the timing issue or if they're simply not implemented.

I've only played the campaign up to this mission but I feel that the missions themselves fall a bit short of the excellent briefings.

In mission one there are also some minor mismatches but I really hoped for some more voice overs.

The long ingress would have been a great opportunity for some chatter - maybe our wingman grew up in Alamo and would make some remarks about the landmarks.

I could also imagine him commenting on my first red flag "kill" or some sort of situation report when taking over CAP.

Don't get me wrong I am having fun with the campaign and the briefings and the overall concept are great.

The missions however felt a bit generic to me. They aren't really bad but after reading the briefings I was hoping for a wow factor that I didn't find in the (first two) missions.

I think a little more care in matching missions and briefings along with some more voices would have gone a long way in creating that immersion factor without being overly costly.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by having played excellent user missions (Welcome to Suse) recently .

YMMV of course.

Edited by Blackeye

Ford 4, the flight that I am supposed to follow, taxis out and takes off before I can even get my engines started.

Nah, it's alright. You just have to be faster with your startup. The moment you get in the plane start your engines which takes just a minute or two in the FC3 and follow them as you see them taxi by.

But don't worry, later in the mission I cocked it up too as I lost them and then I had to follow the flight plan on my own until I caught up to them at the cap orbit :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

Not too sure about the timing issues mine played fine, sorry. As for being stuck on wp 0, cycle Nav sources back to Nav then try to cycle waypoints. Does the trick for me.

First thing I did was cycle modes. Might be a random glitch. Overall great briefings that provide more insight into the world of tactical fighter aviation. Steve nice job getting the RL course rules in the ballpark.

Edited by viperdogsnake

on