The storm before the calm - debrief problem

Hi baltic_dragon,

I finally managed to pass this mission but I had a few bugs :

Overlord told me 3 time to RTB (and got an abord from JTAC but I couldn't join him with the provided frequency...)

I managed to kill everyone and then the debrief bugged (see screenshot below)

7f8bb1e10991b876d5d6fa949bfe96c9d942f8c1.jpg

Thanks

EDIT : Does it change anything for the next missions ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Having the same issue with the JTAC. He doesn't reply back, ever. Also battling with the AI Wingman - he doesn't want to engage anything i throw at him.. It's frustrating beyond belief. Is there any way i can play this campaign coop with my friend to avoid having to deal with the AI? Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't - which leads missions to be unrealistically hard having to deal with it all myself.

Other than that, great stuff you've made! :)

• 1 month later...

I have a different issue on this mission as I don't have any debriefing at all when landing to Kobuleti and I have to replay the mission again and again.

It's the second time I fly the mission, I did not manage to destroy all stolen tank before they reach the frontier so overload told me to go back home then to contact a JTAC to support the radar station under attack, I manage to destroy the mortar (more or less) then I go back home and no debriefing.

I'd like to go to the next mission and not be stuck to this one.

Thanks bushido, I will be able go check this only after Monday. Did anyone else had this problem? Quite a few people managed to finish the campaign, so unless something was damaged during one of the updates, perhaps you need to destroyboth groups and all the mortars? Can't remember all the triggers from the top of my head, will check this ASAP!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Did it again, suceed this time to destroy everything, Have the other bug with all different debriefing at once and when I exit the mission DCS crash to desktop and did not record the outcome so I have to fly it again.

It's official I hate this mission.

Just to be clear I'm sure the crash to desktop is not related to your campaign in any way and its just bad luck but there is definitly some issue with the debriefing on this mission.

I can confirm the debriefing bug, JTAC not responding bug and 3x RTB bug in 1.5.3.51417.

None of it is critical though, you can finish the mission without JTAC since Overlord gives you radar coordinates and you can find the mortars from there. Also, it seems that TGP in FLIR mode is improved since early days of 1.5.

Just thought I'd chime in and confirm that I've also seen the debrief bug. I specifically remember it being on this mission, but I'm vaguely sure that I've seen it in other missions too. Not many, maybe 1 or 2 others. But I'm not sure which.

I'm currently replaying the entire campaign (3rd time!) so if I notice it anywhere else, I'll let you know, BD.

ASUS Sabertooth P67 :: Intel i5-2500 3.0 GHz :: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 :: 16 GB DDR3 RAM :: Crucial 240 GB SSD :: WD Black 2TB HD :: 50" Magnavox TV as monitor :: TrackIR 5 :: Saitek X52 :: Saitek Rudder Pedals

Just played the mission today and found some small things to fix - JTAC is now immortal (so he is not killed too early by the mortars), changed the altitude of Overlord (he was happily flying in the clouds), I think I will also move the player's flight to FM radio to avoid wingman target calls overlap with Overlord problem's. I think I have found the problem with debriefings, but can't confirm, as I didn't have time to fly the whole mission.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 11 months later...

I mentioned it in another thread, but since this one specifically mentions it - I just had both the JTAC bug, and the multiple debriefings bug.

I destroyed all the targets (had to use labels, so I can confirm they were all gone, less some rifleman inside the camp itself). Also destroyed the mortars.

Got 2 debriefings, one saying the camp had been surprised but the radar site saved, and one saying the camp and radar site were both saved.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 1 year later...

Were these bugs ever fixed? I downloaded the Campaign last month. I played this mission yesterday and also never got a debriefing and will have to replay it. I wasn’t able to destroy the moving targets in time, so I don’t mind replaying it. I kind of liked flying off the instruments in the dark anyway :)

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Just replayed it. Same issue. No need to fix anything because I already have TEW 3.0. I'd like to continue playing the legacy version for now, but need to know how to force it to let me go on to the next mission.

After told to RTB, I'm then given a new task to destroy some mortar teams. The infantry are easy to kill, but the mortars themselves are indestructible. I shot them with everything I have and even dropped bombs on them. The post game log does not show them as "Dead". Could this be the trigger preventing me from continuing? Wingman and I destroyed the first group of 3 stolen vehicles, but only 1 of the next group of 3 before they reached the border. Overlord also told me several times that I had entered Armenian airspace. I was watching the TAD closely this time and had not crossed the border.

I'm curious where the triggers are and why I've failed to get a debrief, but it really doesn't matter because I'd just like to continue to next mission. What's the secret sauce in order to do so?

Having fun and really can't wait until new DCS update comes out so I can play 3.0, but not until I finish this "legacy" version!

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Hey - I will check the infantry, that may be the reason. Will be in touch!

Ok thanks. No need to hurry if you need to focus on TEW 3.0 stuff. I've already figured out how to edit the .lua to skip the mission. If you ever get around to looking into it, it would be for my curiosity only as to why I couldn't pass the mission. I don't think this would be a replayable mission for me. Flying around in the dark and shooting ILS approaches is fun, but I still like to look out and enjoy the scenery :)

Thanks!