DCS v1.5.2/FC3 F-15c + helios + leavu config guide

G3

Tryed again this but can't get Leavu to work even I have double triple checked installation instructions..:(. I can get Helios to work and Leavu windows start but Leavu is not connecting to DCS (before or after I have started mission).

I'm trying to use this at latest 1.5.2 full version and single F15-C (not FC3)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations OverDhill

I am still trying to get the Leavu active window to show my MFDs.

Are you running all 4 windows (weapons panel, radar, RWR and the MFC-FC3 program)?

How bad a FPS are suffering with all 4?

The CZ Helios profile is already crowded and to place a 4th window is not going to be easy. If you do it with your minimum sizes, please share.

Thanks.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

This thread is going to spider out I think, we all have many different questions,,, sorry to bug in again guys, but I need some installation clarifications:

“install leavuEri_2.1: (see note below if you already have helios setup)

you will find that Yoda has provided a very informative set of instructions with leavuEri_2.1

the steps below show how i got leavu working with DCS v1.5.2, not saying it's the best way but it works and the method may be changed in the future.

install jre-8u71-windows-i586 (32bit version is required even on x64 systems so i believe)

from leavuEri_2.1\Leavu Client folder:

paste leavu folder to desired location eg: x:\games\leavu”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"you will find that Yoda has provided a very informative set of instructions with leavuEri_2.1"

In addition to the instructions set within this specific readme file, am I supposed to also follow the instructions inside of Yodas readme file?

________________________________________________________________________________

"from leavuEri_2.1\Leavu Client folder: "

I have no such file structure, I do have the leavuEri_2.1 File though. Is instruction simply intended to tell you to go the location where you extracted the files?

_______________________________________________________________________________________

"paste leavu folder to desired location eg: x:\games\leavu"

Assuming this is being installed for DCS Open Beta, is it the intent of these instructions to paste the file “leavuEri_2.1” to C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Further down the installation instructions, it states:

“start leavu with your desktop shortcut”

What shortcut? How was it generated?

Edited by Fakum

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Yep that was it.

A couple notes. There seems to be a minimum size when using the No Frame option. Also I have not seen any way to have the MFD's default to a certain configuration which would be nice (the RWR HUD coming up in RWR when first loaded).

yes the mfd's in leavu do seem to have a minimum size

OverDhill, as for leavu mfd default positions

if you used or at least modify one of my leavu presets,

use my leavu keybinds and modified Capt Zeen F-15c profile

you should have a small grey "leavu setup" button approx bottom left of tews

clicking the button once will automatically get the right info in the right mfd's

Iku64, have u definately copied the dll files to windows and placed the export.lua in your Scripts

i have the same F-15c and dcs 1.5.2 so all good there.

Edited by G3

Fakum, i will try to answer all you questions in bold test

“install leavuEri_2.1: (see note below if you already have helios setup)

you will find that Yoda has provided a very informative set of instructions with leavuEri_2.1

the steps below show how i got leavu working with DCS v1.5.2, not saying it's the best way but it works and the method may be changed in the future.

install jre-8u71-windows-i586 (32bit version is required even on x64 systems so i believe)

from leavuEri_2.1\Leavu Client folder:

paste leavu folder to desired location eg: x:\games\leavu”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"you will find that Yoda has provided a very informative set of instructions with leavuEri_2.1"

In addition to the instructions set within this specific readme file, am I supposed to also follow the instructions inside of Yodas readme file?

no you don't need to read Yoda's instructions for this install process,

but i highly recommend it for the understanding leavu better process :)

________________________________________________________________________________

I have no such file structure, I do have the leavuEri_2.1 File though. Is instruction simply intended to tell you to go the location where you extracted the files?

This is the structure that comes in the leavu zip, this is where the leavu folder is found

_______________________________________________________________________________________

"paste leavu folder to desired location eg: x:\games\leavu"

Assuming this is being installed for DCS Open Beta, is it the intent of these instructions to paste the file “leavuEri_2.1” to C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta?

no, x:\games\leavu was just an example, leavu can go anywhere you like

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Further down the installation instructions, it states:

“start leavu with your desktop shortcut”

What shortcut? How was it generated?

that could be an oversight, i must have already had one there,

i always make a shortcut and add the preset file to its target so it auto runs my preset

this is a good example of the info you can learn from Yoda's instructions

Edited by G3

Iku64, have u definately copied the dll files to windows and placed the export.lua in your Scripts

i have the same F-15c and dcs 1.5.2 so all good there.

Rgr that....I have copied all 6 dll's to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 -folder

and replaced export.lua at my user folder. And also copied export folder to under the DCS folder.

I have both 32 and 64 bit Java but I have pointed leavu to use 32bit (and it's working fine but can not connect).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I looked at the download of leavu that Sobe posted and it differs from the one I have,

it seems to be an updated version that I was not aware of, I will look at another day.

this explain Fakum's questions about the file structure.

I have uploaded the zip version of leavuEri_2.1 that have been using to the #2nd post

and if you use that version then the file structure will be correct as per the guide.

Rgr that....I have copied all 6 dll's to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 -folder

and replaced export.lua at my user folder. And also copied export folder to under the DCS folder.

I have both 32 and 64 bit Java but I have pointed leavu to use 32bit (and it's working fine but can not connect).

Iku64, just to make sure everything is in the right place

the export.lua from my custom files zip Scripts folder

goes into your c:\Users\YourUserName\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts folder

the export folder from leavuEri_2.1\Fc2 Exports\Config\

goes into your x:\games\DCS World OpenBeta\Config folder

Edited by G3

G4

I tried your version of Leavu and replaced all dlls, etc with files from your version. However, still the mfd will not appear on the active screen.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

OverDill and G3

I used the export file provided by OverDill and still nothing appears in the active window. Oh well.

I am running DCS World as an administrator, but not Leavu as I don't know how to do that. Could this be the problem?

Be sure that port 8079 is open in your firewall

I presume you are running DCSOpenbeta 1.5

Also make you you placed all those files in the zip into you C:\User\Name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts folder

Also I read somewhere to drop all the DLL's into the x:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin folder

Here is my LEAVU folder... run the LEAVU\Leavu\LEAVU2_F15.jar file

Use whatever preset fits your display setup

LEAVU.zip

Edited by OverDhill

Overdill

The only file that I placed in the Scripts folder was the export file. Was there anything else that was supposed to go in there?

Your Leavu folder is the one I have been using before G4 sent me a copy of his Leavu folder.

Edited by sobe
added second sentence

After much trial and error(and the newer leavuEri_2.1 file that G3 posted), I finally got it to work properly. I only have a couple of small issues:

1.) How do you fine tune the sizes of the windows after it is set up? My RWR is off center.

2.) This pertains to Helios. One problem I have is in G3's screenshot on page 1. It shows the fuel quantity of 11477. Mine shows nothing but a black rectangle(no white numbers). Also, my altimeter gauge in Helios doesn't match the one in the cockpit(it doesn't spin as fast). Any help with either of these?

Thanks,

-Rickety

Edited by Rickety

Rickety

Congratulations. Now that you have succeeded, please help out the dummies like me who cannot seem to get it going.

1. Are you running both DCS and Leavu as administrator?

2. Please describe what files you placed in what folders and where?

3. Please look at your control panel and do you have net 3 installed? I have net 2 and 4 but cannot seem to install 3.

4. What problems did you have to overcome? My issue is that I cannot get the MFD's to appear in the Active window in Leavu after I size them up.

OverDill and G3

I used the export file provided by OverDill and still nothing appears in the active window. Oh well.

I am running DCS World as an administrator, but not Leavu as I don't know how to do that. Could this be the problem?

I am running the same as you are. I finally got mine working. If you click on the properties of your Leavu shortcut, there is an "advanced" button there but once you open that, "run as administrator" can't be selected anyway so that is not your issue.

No you need to copy all the 13 files from the export.zip file into YOUR script folder

Overdill

The only file that I placed in the Scripts folder was the export file. Was there anything else that was supposed to go in there?

Your Leavu folder is the one I have been using before G4 sent me a copy of his Leavu folder.

OverDhill, I see you have one of those MFD Cougar overlay frames over the mfcd

if you want to map the helios mfcd buttons to match the leavu buttons then look in my leavu keybinds frame keys 3

eg: the key combo for leavu mfd 3 button 0 = left cntrl + right contrl + 0

in leavu the buttons are layed out as follows:

the 20 buttons are numbered 0-19

0-4 is top row from left to right

5-9 is left side top to bottom

10-14 is right side top to bottom

15-19 is bottom row left to right

here is a quick and dirty visual of the leavu mfd button layout that matches the leavu preset #'s 0-19

6.........leavu. .....12

7..........MFD.......13

9........buttons.....14

if you simply want to make them work on the mfcd in the helios profile

in helios bind output pushed for button 0 looks like {LCONTROL}{RSHIFT}0

After much trial and error(and the newer leavuEri_2.1 file that G3 posted), I finally got it to work properly. I only have a couple of small issues:

1.) How do you fine tune the sizes of the windows after it is set up? My RWR is off center.

2.) This pertains to Helios. One problem I have is in G3's screenshot on page 1. It shows the fuel quantity of 11477. Mine shows nothing but a black rectangle(no white numbers). Also, my altimeter gauge in Helios doesn't match the one in the cockpit(it doesn't spin as fast). Any help with either of these?

Thanks,

-Rickety

1. edit your leavu preset with notepad, there you can mess with the sizes and the positions for fine tuning the mfd's to suit your profile

Also make you you placed all those files in the zip into you C:\User\Name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts folder

Also I read somewhere to drop all the DLL's into the x:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin folder

No you need to copy all the 13 files from the export.zip file into YOUR script folder

the info above is for a different method, please disregard

I truly appreciate everyone trying to help but one thing is for sure,

we are really getting mixed up here with different methods to get it working,

which seems to be generating even more confusion than we have already :)

we all know how frustrating it can be when you can't get things to work so, read twice, paste once :)

Stick to the guide, follow the leavu section using the files provided in post #2 and it works like a charm.

I will go thru all the posts and look at updating the guide with any helpful info.

Sobe's issue is with getting leavu working, nothing to do with talking to dcs.

he cannot get a leavu mfd to appear even with my single preset

when he starts leavu, creates a no frame mfd, sizes and adds it, nothing appears on his screen

and nothing in the leavu active list, that is what we need to solve.

Edited by G3

Rickety

Congratulations. Now that you have succeeded, please help out the dummies like me who cannot seem to get it going.

1. Are you running both DCS and Leavu as administrator?

2. Please describe what files you placed in what folders and where?

3. Please look at your control panel and do you have net 3 installed? I have net 2 and 4 but cannot seem to install 3.

4. What problems did you have to overcome? My issue is that I cannot get the MFD's to appear in the Active window in Leavu after I size them up.

I'll try to help as best as I can. I'm not the smartest either. I spent a lot of time testing this, editing that, pulling out hair :)

I'm running windows 10. I did not download any service packs. I could not install the Java - jre-8u71-windows-i586 x32 file as it would not install.

1. Not running Leavu as admin. but DCS I am.

2. I followed the installation instructions in the readme from G3. I extracted the Leavu Client to my G:/program files folder(I have multiple drives). Then I extracted the dll folder to my desktop. I then opened that folder, cut and pasted the 6 dll files into C:/windows/SysWow64. I extracted the Fc2 "export" folder to the games config folder f:/programfiles/dcsopenbeta/config. The "export.lua file then gets copied and pasted to your scripts folder in c:\Users\YourUserName\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

3. I did not download any service packs. I could not install the Java - jre-8u71-windows-i586 x32 file as it would not install.

4. Most of the problems I had was trying to get Leavu to run with DCS. Once I tried the newer Leavu that G3 recently posted, it worked. Once I downloaded this newer file. I started over from scratch(new shortcut, making new windows, sizing...etc). I may not be sure but I think most of the problems stem from the "export.lua file. I've learned from messing around with Helios that if the export.lua isn't right it won't work.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Rickety, that is an excellent description of how to install leavu using the guide

Not running Leavu as admin. but DCS I am.

I followed the installation instructions in the readme from G3.

I extracted the Leavu Client to my G:/program files folder(I have multiple drives).

Then I extracted the dll folder to my desktop. I then opened that folder, cut and pasted the 6 dll files into C:/windows/SysWow64.

I extracted the Fc2 "export" folder to the games config folder f:/programfiles/dcsopenbeta/config.

The "export.lua file then gets copied and pasted to your scripts folder in c:\Users\YourUserName\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

this is how to do it, it's not the only way but this way works, thanks Rickety

we are having a mix of methods talked about in the thread and it's confusing everyone including me :)

not sure why u couldn't install the jre, maybe you had a newer version already.

the multiple methods is half the problem, the one where files go in the bin folder,

and all the export files in the scripts has different do files in the export.lua

i will say it again :)

Stick to the guide, follow the leavu section using the files provided in post #2 and it works like a charm.

Edited by G3

Id like to start off by saying, your not dummies guys,,, I know you tend to feel that way, but this can be very difficult! Different people have different hardware/software etc. I stopped even trying for now and just followed the progress here. I'm quite frankly stuck on the instructions, not sure how much of the yoda instructions to follow as opposed to the posted instructions in the readme file provided here. I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to run any kind of .exe file to install Leavu? I don't see any install file in the file directories, yet I see random comments about making shortcuts to it? I am only using 1 computer with a main screen, and a 2nd touchscreen monitor for Helios. So while you guys are making some progress,,, I am on the bench for now until I make sense of all this. Keep chugging along guys,, I'm rooting for ya's!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Fakum, the instructions from Yoda are not necessary to install leavu if you follow the guide i have posted,

but you will learn about the finer details of leavu by reading them.

my guide is a how to install, Yoda's guide is a how to use, hope that makes sense.

as for the leavu and the shortcut, leavu does not need to be installed with an exe as such,

you just copy the leavu folder to your desired location and start it by running the LEAVU2.jar

making the shortcut to the LEAVU2.jar was a step i forgot to add in the guide, will update in the next revision.

I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to run any kind of .exe file to install Leavu? I don't see any install file in the file directories, yet I see random comments about making shortcuts to it?

There is no ".exe" for Leavu. The file you need is in the Leavu folder. It is called "LEAVU2". It is an "Executable Jar File".

Find that file, right click on it and select "send to desktop"(create shortcut).

Go to your desktop, right click the shortcut and click "open with", and select Java. Then follow G3's readme from there.