DCS v1.5.2/FC3 F-15c + helios + leavu config guide

G3

Originally Posted by G3 View Post

1. edit your leavu preset with notepad, there you can mess with the sizes and the positions for fine tuning the mfd's to suit your profile

I have 2 of the 3 window sizes set correctly. The rwr is centered but too big. I've tried different #'s for the size but it doesn't change it at all. I'll mess around with it some more after work tomorrow.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately there does seem to be a limit on how small you can go on the leavu mfd's.

using Capt Z F-15c profile for example:

for a 1920x1080 screen the minimum sizes of the leavu mfd's are not a problem,

but on a smaller screen this is a problem like my 1366x768 touch screen laptop.

unfortunately there does seem to be a limit on how small you can go on the leavu mfd's.

using Capt Z F-15c profile for example:

for a 1920x1080 screen the minimum sizes of the leavu mfd's are not a problem,

but on a smaller screen this is a problem like my 1366x768 touch screen laptop.

When you set up the windows in Leavu, did you use the adi ball for the rwr or the mfd?

OverDhill, I see you have one of those MFD Cougar overlay frames over the mfcd

if you want to map the buttons to match the leavu buttons then look in my leavu keybinds frame keys 3

eg: button 0 = left cntrl + right contrl + 0

in leavu the buttons are layed out as follows:

the 20 buttons are numbered 0-19

0-4 is top row from left to right

5-9 is left side top to bottom

10-14 is right side top to bottom

15-19 is bottom row left to right

if you simply want to make them work on the mfcd in the helios profile

in helios bind output pushed for button 0 looks like {LCONTROL}{RSHIFT}0

1. edit your leavu preset with notepad, there you can mess with the sizes and the positions for fine tuning the mfd's to suit your profile

Thanks but it is done already. I am quite familiar with Helios. I was only making a point when I mentioned about the size limit and default settings. Not having a touchscreen I just bound it to a button on my Warthog Throttle to send out the macro to setup all the configuration including the last one that turns the RWR bare as I use the Helios RWR overlay for it

I was not aware that he could not get LEAVU running at all. I thought it was mentioned that it was not connecting to DCS.

OverDhill, no worries mate, u never know peoples skill level when it comes to these things, and it was Iku64 with connection issues

Rgr that....I have copied all 6 dll's to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 -folder

and replaced export.lua at my user folder. And also copied export folder to under the DCS folder.

I have both 32 and 64 bit Java but I have pointed leavu to use 32bit (and it's working fine but can not connect).

then I suspect you still have a problem with the export.lua or the placement of the export folder,

but I don't have any further suggestions to try.

Iku64

could you please explain how you tell leavu to chose which version of java to use

this could come in handy as when I installed both versions of java, x64 first then x32,

leavu would start but did not open mfd's just like the problem Sobe is having.

Edited by G3

TO ALL:

I just got it to work-finally. However, there is a problem. It seems that I got it to work only by uninstalling java 64 bit. when both java 32 bit and 64 bit are installed, Leavu doesn't work. However, I seem to have several programs that need java 64 so I reinstalled it and know Leavu does not work.

I went to the leavu executable and right clicked it and selected "open with", but now 2 java files appear and no matter which one I select, Leavu does not work.

So now, I have to figure out how to apparently stop Java 64 from controlling Leavu. Any thoughts?

Thanks to G4 for the catch that I needed to uninstall java 64.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Is anyone running the ERI (Eagle Radar Upgrade) program that comes in the modified Leavu folder along with Leavu?

It seems that these are 2 separate programs and I am not sure if ERI works with DCS or how to get it to work.

Does the datalink in Leavu actually work? Do the other F15's need to be running Leavu?

Also, I think that I would just like the radar view port from the game to be in the radar slot of Helios and use Leavu for the TEWS (top right) and for the Weapons panel in the lower left of Helios. So how do I kill the preset for MFD 1? Can I just delete the following from the preset?

[MFD]

frame = "false"

posX = "2193"

posY = "0"

sizeX = "397"

sizeY = "392"

keyBinds = "keyBindings/frame keys 1"

Edited by sobe
modified text

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Iku64, just to make sure everything is in the right place

the export.lua from my custom files zip Scripts folder

goes into your c:\Users\YourUserName\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts folder

the export folder from leavuEri_2.1\Fc2 Exports\Config\

goes into your x:\games\DCS World OpenBeta\Config folder

I have done like you suggest...but it won't connect

Iku64

could you please explain how you tell leavu to chose which version of java to use

this could come in handy as when I installed both versions of java, x64 first then x32,

leavu would start but did not open mfd's just like the problem Sobe is having.

I'm not at home now but if I remember right I did like this..

"C:\Program Files x86\Java\jre1.8.0_71\bin\java.exe" -jar LEAVU2_F15.jar -profilename

point is that you tell at cmd where 32 bit java is installed and not use java_home environment thing.

If you don't get this work with this then my problem could also be that I have x64 version of java installed....I need to try uninstall x64 version after I get back home from work today..:)

Edited by Iku64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

The problem is in order to display the radar view port from the game itself you have to run extended monitor in DCS. When you do the LEAVU MFD's will not be on top of that screen when DCS is running. At least I could not get it to work without setting DCS back to one monitor.

As G3 mentioned, it was not part of the instructions, I had no idea, now I do,, thanks guys

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

The problem is in order to display the radar view port from the game itself you have to run extended monitor in DCS. When you do the LEAVU MFD's will not be on top of that screen when DCS is running. At least I could not get it to work without setting DCS back to one monitor.

it got me thinking and this is getting a bit off track,

I wonder if you could have dcs on 1 screen,

then helios and leavu and the radar viewport on the second by arranging the monitors like this:

imagine you had a rectangle 2x monitor wide and 2x high with

with your 2 monitors in the opposite corners of the rectangle

dcs top left, helios etc bottom right

and lets say those monitors were 1920x1080

the method would be to tell dcs the monitor resolution was something like 2120x1280 or more if need be,

so dcs could use the top left corner of the second screen for the radar viewport

while leaving the rest of the screen available for leavu

not sure if it would work but it entertained me for a few minutes thinking about it :thumbup:

OverDhill, the AOA not working properly is solved by an edit to the export.lua line 1198

original:

SendData("16", string.format("%.2f", aoa * 57.3 ) )

change it to:

SendData("16", string.format("%.2f", aoa * 1.00 ) )

and give that a go,

AOA needle position is not the same degrees as game but it is the same value on the gauge:thumbup:

G3 and OverDhill

I am not sure that I completely follow your post #62. But if you had 2 1920x1080 screens, why couldn't you just shorten your game screen to say 1500x1080 and then use the remaining 420 for the radar view port. That way, the game and radar view port are all on one screen and you could put helios and Leavu on the second screen. Is this to simple to work?

OverDhill

Please keep us informed about Java 32/64.

Hey G3 - many thanks! This looks really cool and promises to be a big improvement over my previous MFCD_FC3 setup for the Eagle.

Question: I'm using touchscreen with HELIOS, is there a way to prevent leavu from stealing focus from DCS when I accidentally touch one of the MFDs? I was thinking of maybe there's a trick to have transparency overlays in HELIOS that could cover these leavu screens.

I looked around in HELIOS profile editor, but no luck for this yet.

If anyone has ideas on this? Cheers

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

I uninstalled both java versions and sdk's and installed only 32 bit java..still can not get sim connected to leavu..:(

btw..here is my start string from my cmd (with this I can get Leavu started even if I have x64 java installed)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_74\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "LEAVU2_F15.jar" -preset Presets/Iku

or

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_74\bin\java.exe" -jar "LEAVU2_F15.jar" -preset Presets/Iku

Edited by Iku64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Actually there is as I used to use that method on my Falcon BMS Helios profile. Place a 'F-16 Panel' over the area then go in and remove the graphic, uncheck border and fill.

Hey G3 - many thanks! This looks really cool and promises to be a big improvement over my previous MFCD_FC3 setup for the Eagle.

Question: I'm using touchscreen with HELIOS, is there a way to prevent leavu from stealing focus from DCS when I accidentally touch one of the MFDs? I was thinking of maybe there's a trick to have transparency overlays in HELIOS that could cover these leavu screens.

I looked around in HELIOS profile editor, but no luck for this yet.

If anyone has ideas on this? Cheers

Hollywood-a solution

Hollywood

We had a similiar problem with Falcon BMS, Helios and a program called MFDe. The solution was to cover the MFD's with a transparent screen. See the posts below from the BMS forum.

I gave this a test today and found an odd behavior of Helios... but should be a decent and simple workaround.

1. Open your profile in the Helios Profile Editor

2. Go to Panel Decorations -> Rectangle and put one on your profile.

3. Rename that something else, like "Protector" or something so that you'll know/remember what it's there for

4. On the Properties tap, set it to Left = 0, Top = 0, and set the Width and Height to whatever your monitor res size is. What this is basically doing is making it fill your entire screen

5. Under the Appearance tap, click the Fill Color and enter this value under Hexadecimal Notation = #01000000

6. Move this "Protector" to the bottom of your layers

Done! What this basically does is put an almost-transparent (minimum opacity, but not zero) layer at the very bottom of you Helios profile, but will be on top of your MFDE gauges if your Helios is set to be Always On Top. With this "fix," I have found out that tapping on the MFDE gauges still seems to "select" the gauge as the green box will appear over the gauge, but it is now impossible to drag-and-move the gauge with a finger swipe.

So why not zero opacity? Oddly, when set to zero, I guess Helios removes the layer. With opacity set to zero, the "fix" doesn't do its job and it is still possible to select and drag the MFDE gauges with a finger swipe.

Just in case somebody has the same problem I had with Helios transparency not working. I had to adjust my fill color to #04000000, or use transparency slider to set the 'A' level to 4, OR type in 4 for 'A' value.

Helios, MFDE, GPT,on second slave pc.

Status Update on Leavu2 and Leavu2_F15

At the present time there seems to be two main issues dealing with Leavu and this forum has unfortunately mixed up those two issues when discussing problems with Leavu. So I will try to simplify and separate out these two issues.

I will refer to these two issues as the “Leavu Java issue” and the “Leavu version issue.”

With respect to the Leavu Java issue, it appears that Leavu will only work with Java 32 and if Java 64 is also installed, Leavu fails to work. At the present time, Iku64, G3 and others are trying to solve this problem. However, as Java 64 is needed by a number of more recent programs, until we can get Leavu to work when both Java 32 and 64 are present, this could be a deal killer. See post #62 however for a possible solution.

As for the Leavu version issue, G3 was using the executable “Leavu2” whereas others were using the executable “Leavu2_F15”. It appears that the latter may be a more recent updated version based on its included PDF. Unfortunately, there are different install instructions for each of these versions and this has caused a great deal of confusion. G3’s instructions work only for the former and may not work for the latter.

It would be helpful if future posters refer back to the names of these issues and what version of Leavu2 they are referring to when they post on this thread.

If anyone has any corrects to this post, let me know.

As for me, I got Leavu2 to work only when Java 64 was not present on my computer.

Edited by sobe
posible solution on post 62

Ike64

What does the "-preset Presets/Iku" refer to (other than the presets for Leavu to use) and how would I apply that to my computer?

Edited by sobe
clarification

Hey G3 - many thanks!

Hollywood you are most welcome, enjoy :thumbup:

I uninstalled both java versions and sdk's and installed only 32 bit java..still can not get sim connected to leavu..:(

btw..here is my start string from my cmd (with this I can get Leavu started even if I have x64 java installed)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_74\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "LEAVU2_F15.jar" -preset Presets/Iku

or

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_74\bin\java.exe" -jar "LEAVU2_F15.jar" -preset Presets/Iku

Sobe, i think you would just replace "Iku" with the name of your preset (i have not tried this method)

Iku64 as to why you cannot connect to sim, i see you have "LEAVU2_F15.jar"

so it looks like you are using another version and not the leavuEri_2.1 files from my post #2

so i suggest you try it all from scratch using the files from post #2 and see how you go.

Edited by G3

G3

So far no luck running the above command lines. Does it matter were Leavu2 is located?

I changed Leavu2_F15 to just Leavu for my command line, but no joy.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_74\bin\java.exe -jar "LEAVU2.jar" -preset Presets/sidebyside

got error message "error: unable to access jarfile LEAVU2.jar"

Edited by sobe
deleted " and added error message

G3

I put Leavu2 and some of the folders in the bin file of Java and it worked, but the cmd box keeps saying "connecting". At least the 3 mfd's appear in the second screen. It also says it couldn't find any of the sound files even though I put the sound folder in the bin folder also.

Is the "connecting" issue just for the datalink and therefore not relevant to us? If so, I think you just let the command line keep saying "connecting" and go on from there. If you close the command box, the MFDs go away.

In addition, I copied the sound files from Falcon BMS as the PDF indicated, but some were still missing. BMS is an updated falcon.

Edited by sobe
2nd and 3rd paragraph added.