DCS v1.5.2/FC3 F-15c + helios + leavu config guide

G3

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the "connecting" issue just for the datalink and therefore not relevant to us? If so, I think you just let the command line keep saying "connecting" and go on from there. If you close the command box, the MFDs go away.

Sobe. Once you have a successful connection the command line will change to "disconnect from sim". The "connected" box below "presets" will be checked showing you are connected too.

Yes, if you close the command box it closes Leavu.

G3

Attached is a zip file that contains Leavu2_F15 and a PDF that describes the changes from a prior Leavu version. I am not sure if this PDF goes with this version (Leavu2_F15) or some other version.

To G3 Leavu_2.1_DCS_World.zip

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hollywood 315

Are you the same Hollywood that created Viacom? I had just sent you a donation. Still working on getting the program to run properly.

Glad I could help you.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hollywood 315

Are you the same Hollywood that created Viacom? I had just sent you a donation. Still working on getting the program to run properly.

Glad I could help you.

Hey sobe - yep guilty as charged Thanks so much man I really appreciate that. Just send me a PM with your issue I'm sure we'll get it to work.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

G3

So far no luck running the above command lines. Does it matter were Leavu2 is located?

I changed Leavu2_F15 to just Leavu for my command line, but no joy.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_74\bin\java.exe -jar "LEAVU2.jar" -preset Presets/sidebyside

got error message "error: unable to access jarfile LEAVU2.jar"

I run my cmd at same folder where leavu2.jar is located but if you want to run it somewhere else seems that this works also..

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_74\bin\java.exe" -jar "C:\Prog\Leavu Client\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar" -preset Presets/sidebyside

C:\Prog\Leavu Client\Leavu\ = folder where your LEAVU2.jar is located.

Hope this helped..:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Iku64

so i suggest you try it all from scratch using the files from post #2 and see how you go.

Yep..I was thinking same too....will start from scratch..:)

..working in progress :book: ....working :book:....

Aaaaaaaand IT HELPED!!!!!..Now I have it working..:beer:

1. "LeavuEri_2.1\Leavu Client" -folder to "C:\Prog\" -folder (as "C:\Prog\Leavu Client")

2. "LeavuEri_2.1\Fc2 Exports\Config\Export" -folder copied to under the "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config" -folder

3. "custom files for G3 guide v3.0\Scripts\Export.lua" copied to "C:\Users\your user name\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts"

4. Created cmd and addded this line to it

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_74\bin\java.exe" -jar "C:\Prog\Leavu Client\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar" -preset Presets/Iku

5. I had already done some other things which can be found from G3's instructions

I will test that java x64 to see will it work after I install it...

Edited by Iku64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Now I have JRE x86, JRE x64 and JDK x64 installed on my computer...and Leavu still working ok.

Can weapon page change to navigate display via keyboard?

Iku_Leavu2.thumb.jpg.d07db70ec75f01e8a1928c3a1efa1dc9.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Iku64

It has been a long time since I used dos and apparently I have forgotten everything. Java is on my C drive and Leavu2 is on my D drive. I have placed a shortcut to CMD in my D:\F15leavu folder.

When I try to run the following command line from the D:\ prompt:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_74\bin\java.exe" -jar "D:\F15leavu\Leavu Client\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar" -preset Presets/sidbyside

I get all sorts of errors. Could you please write a correct command line for me from the d: prompt?

Thanks

End of the Road?

Just when I thought that I had everything working, I got the 3 black boxes on my second screen, loaded Helios and then loaded the game. Unfortunately, nothing appeared on the 3 MFDs on the Helios profile except the labeling on the bottom row of each MFD.

When I loaded the game, I configured DCS for a single screen.

Now I have JRE x86, JRE x64 and JDK x64 installed on my computer...and Leavu still working ok.

Iku64

great work there Iku64, yes it can,

the leavu keybindings for mfd 3 can be used and mapped to the helios buttons of the mfcd,

i have a profile with this setup but it is not ready for release as yet.

from an earlier post:

if you want to map the helios mfcd buttons to match the leavu buttons then look in my leavu keybinds frame keys 3

eg: the key combo for leavu mfd 3 button 0 = left cntrl + right contrl + 0

in leavu the buttons are layed out as follows:

the 20 buttons are numbered 0-19

0-4 is top row from left to right

5-9 is left side top to bottom

10-14 is right side top to bottom

15-19 is bottom row left to right

if you simply want to make them work on the mfcd in the helios profile

in helios bind output pushed for button 0 looks like {LCONTROL}{RSHIFT}0

Sobe, you must have no hair left by now,

so now its a comm issue between dcs and leavu

make sure you are using the leavuEri_2.1 and the export.lua from post #2

maybe start fresh and see how you go

Edited by G3

G3

redid everything. Black MFDs appear but no action in the game.

Iku64

congratulations on getting it to run. No joy for me.

Iku64

It has been a long time since I used dos and apparently I have forgotten everything. Java is on my C drive and Leavu2 is on my D drive. I have placed a shortcut to CMD in my D:\F15leavu folder.

When I try to run the following command line from the D:\ prompt:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_74\bin\java.exe" -jar "D:\F15leavu\Leavu Client\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar" -preset Presets/sidbyside

I get all sorts of errors. Could you please write a correct command line for me from the d: prompt?

Thanks

Could it be that you have forgot to add " -mark in front of C letter (I colored it as red)? Also I think you have error on preset name "sidbyside" -> "sidebyside".

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_74\bin\java.exe" -jar "D:\F15leavu\Leavu Client\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar" -preset Presets/sidebyside

And if you are getting those black screens but Leavu is not connecting..then you prolly have same problem I had.

As G3 suggested to me.. I suggest to you..start from scratch and use G3's files in start of this thread..:)

Or if you can get connected..have you done "adding the leavu setup button to your modified profile:" button copy thing from document "DCS v1.5.2 beta_helios_leavu_G3readme rev1.0.rtf"? Without it you can't reset mfds to work as they think to be.

Btw...seems that older version for FC2 of Leavu2 works (G3's files/instructions) but not never one for FC3 (which have that LEAVU2_F15.jar). If I have time I will try that latest version again because now I know I can get this thing to work..:D

Edited by Iku64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thx G3 of button explanation..I will try to get those buttons to work..:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This all works beautifully on 1.5 openbeta, I'm a bit lost at the moment why I can't get it to work with 1.5 release and 2.0 openalpha.

- using same export.lua

- copied the same 'Export' folder to Config folder.

With 1.5rv and 2.0oa LEAVU doesn't connect to the sim (stays at 'conecting to sim..'), whereas with 1.5ob it connects nicely.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Funny thing is that I have it working on 1.5 release..haven't try it at 1.5 openbeta and 2.0 openalpha yet...but sure...I will do that test tomorrow when I have more time..:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thx G3 of button explanation..I will try to get those buttons to work..:)

Iku64 your welcome, if you get stuck yell out, below is some more info that might help

yes, using the bottom row of mfd buttons you can setup leavu to hot swap between pre selected views on the one mfd,

so you can easily swap between your weapons and top down view of radar HSD or whatever you like

that's how i have mine, toggling between SMS (weapons) and HSD

on the HSD view, with SYNC selected (botton 0 top row far left)

it follows the scan settings of the in game VSD and u can also see airports etc, so it's quite handy

you can try it out with a leavu mfd with the frame, start leavu, instruments, mfd, add

bottom right (button 19) is DCLT (declutter)

which does exactly that, it makes some info visible or hidden

then if you click one of the buttons along the bottom (buttons 17,18,19)

it should give you another view with 4 options to choose from, FCR, HSD, RWR, SMS

you then click the option you want eg: hsd, and then that bottom row button becomes a hot key for that view,

hope that makes sense, G3

here is a quick and dirty visual of the leavu mfd button layout that matches the leavu preset #'s 0-19

6.........leavu. .....12

7..........MFD.......13

9........buttons.....14

This all works beautifully on 1.5 openbeta, I'm a bit lost at the moment why I can't get it to work with 1.5 release and 2.0 openalpha.

- using same export.lua

- copied the same 'Export' folder to Config folder.

With 1.5rv and 2.0oa LEAVU doesn't connect to the sim (stays at 'conecting to sim..'), whereas with 1.5ob it connects nicely.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

Hollywood, i only have DCS v1.5.2 so can only advise on these other versions of DCS

Edited by G3
  • Like 1

Just when I thought that I had everything working, I got the 3 black boxes on my second screen, loaded Helios and then loaded the game. Unfortunately, nothing appeared on the 3 MFDs on the Helios profile except the labeling on the bottom row of each MFD.

When I loaded the game, I configured DCS for a single screen.

And if you are getting those black screens but Leavu is not connecting..then you prolly have same problem I had.

As G3 suggested to me.. I suggest to you..start from scratch and use G3's files in start of this thread..:)

the "start over again" suggestion is a favourite of mine :) more often than not it yielding results, hehe (made myself laugh)

Or if you can get connected..have you done "adding the leavu setup button to your modified profile:" button copy thing from document "DCS v1.5.2 beta_helios_leavu_G3readme rev1.0.rtf"? Without it you can't reset mfds to work as they think to be.

but it's not the "setup leavu" button, that will only change the mfd views, if i remember rightly by default if the mfd's are working (leavu is connecting to sim) the mfd's will all display the HSD view until the setup leavu button is pressed.

come on Sobe, we need to get you sorted out:thumbup:

Edited by G3

OK got it to work in all three versions now :thumbup: Turns out I had some additional lines in my export.lua, one related to TacView, by moving that line all the way to the end of script all versions happy.

Hollywood, that's good info, glad you worked it out:thumbup:

Just tested this with all versions and they are working well like Hollywood_315's..:).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To all:

I am going to give it one more try.

I must be dumb as a brick. No joy.

G3

Maybe send me all the files one more time. Perhaps I have mixed up some of them.

Edited by sobe
g3