Flyable Tu-22M3 w/ visible sweep

As it says, I made the Tu-22M3 flyable. I hated the lack of wing sweep, so I wrote a avLuaDevice script (sweep.lua) to follow a schedule something like it would be in real life. They only have 3 settings, 20, 30 (I think) and 65 degrees.

It's the Su-25T cockpit, so it's functional and that's it. It will release the bombs on the racks ok, but if you manage to get all the bombs in the bomb bay to let go as a salvo, you go boom!

You will need to add the Su-25T's shape and texture files and rename accordingly.

If they ever get the air to ground radar working in DCS, I'm going to town on this thing.

Spaciba,

Brian

Tu22mod.zip

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Nice aircraft!:thumbup:

I have added weapons and Nukes!

Realistic? no.

Fun? Yes!:D

Not yet tested.

Place the Tu-22M3.lua in Scripts\database\planes

Back up original! (file will be replaced every update)

Have Fun and blow something up!

Tu-22M3.lua

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 1 month later...

brianacooper11* i cant get this to work, my dcs crashes once i click the fly button.

i used GME and placing into dcs mods folder

i have tried ramp,runway and airstart with and without weapons.

am i missing something bud.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...

@kolpakov_79

I see it works Comrade!

You may post a link if you wish!

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."