F-22 Raptor "sucks"

Pilotasso

Ehm ... not factually true ... they might not rewrite the rules, but -. If you catch my drift. At least that's the impression I got. Raptor pilots are not happy pilots.

F-22's safety standars are the same for a simple A-10A. They dont change the rules because of "new toys".

The difference you pointed out is not just the aircraft but reveals total difference in doctrines between different countries/military organizations.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you can find some factual reasoning for it if you look around hard enough. :P

I'm not sure you should just say that's not "factually true" without providing some of said factual reasoning. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Well of course there should be a difference in safety procedures with F-22 and A-10A but the worth of the platform is least concern. If oxy distribution issues occure with A-10A simple 25.000 ceiling limit is something A-10A pilots can work with but air superiority plane is kinda limited here, don't you think?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Failjet-22

I guess every jet is a fail jet then, they have all and still have their problems. They are machines after all and cannot be prefect.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I've flown both the Typhoon and the F-22 and in my opinion the Typhoon is superior.

True story: My and a mate took one up each and did a best of ten dog fights, I was in the Typhoon and won 8 of 10 rounds...Though that may just be my superior skills as a Top Gun.

Next week we're gonna give it another go with me flying the F-22 but I'll probably downplay my skills so that the Typhoon looks better.

Edited by Conure

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

I've flown both the Typhoon and the F-22 and in my opinion the Typhoon is superior.

True story: My and a mate took one up each and did a best of ten dog fights, I was in the Typhoon and won 8 of 10 rounds...Though that may just be my superior skills as a Top Gun.

Next week we're gonna give it another go with my flying the F-22 but I'll probably downplay my skills so that the Typhoon looks better.

Funny story, did those flights occur in ACE COMBAT or Hawx2?

• Like 1

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

It must be true, I fly the F-35 and the Shuttle too...But the A-10 kicks my ass...Too slow I guess!!!!!:music_whistling:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Celticcoho (OriginFreedom)

WIN 7 64 bit, I7975 at 3.6ghz,X58 Classified 3 Mobo, 6gb Corsair 2000 ram, 2 ea ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6 2gb's , 27" Ultra Sharp,(main view), 3 23"touch screens , Tm Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals Track IR 5,:D JIM.:book:

Next week we're gonna give it another go with my flying the F-22 but I'll probably downplay my skills so that the Typhoon looks better.

yeah; yeah next time try the t-50 and the f-23; report back with the results plz :megalol:

• Like 1

Huh? Not sure what you mean. I bought the F22 on Ebay and picked up the Typhoon on Gumtree. You can pick up anything from auction websites these days.

Suffice to say, I am the only individual here with a genuine experience and as such I am right.

Edited by Conure
  • Like 1

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

LOL

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

it cost $159 mil but I got good interest on a loan.

Huh? Not sure what you mean. I bought the F22 on Ebay and picked up the Typhoon on Gumtree. You can pick up anything from auction websites these days.

Suffice to say, I am the only individual here with a genuine experience and as such I am right.

So you're the other guy, they told me I was the only one that bought one.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Yesterday i was able to do a Perfect Headshot to a Pilot of a EF2000 with my WWII 88 AA Gun. After the Typhoon was just crashed not so hard, i repaired it with my bubblegum but had to remove the canopy I couldnt see through (Glas was cracked extreme) .

After a little Testflight around my Block i have to say Good Plane. OK i can not compare it with a F22 but you get a cool Cabrio feeling at Mach 1.5+ without Canopy.

:thumbup:

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

• 1 month later...

Toxins mentioned in relation to F-22 OBOGS problems:

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2011/07/defense-toxins-in-cockpit-grounded-f22s-072511/

I can imagine a modern day jet is as such a very unhealthy environment, with electromagnetic radiations all over the place and many very advanced materials that can be highly toxic. I remember that people were warned not to near an F-16 crash site due to the health hazards.

In this case, there seem to be suspicions something bad mixes in with the OBOGS supply.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I suspect the problem is not limited to just the f-22; there a lots of accidents on which pilots inexplicably hit the ground for no reason. Provably the raptor is more susceptible to this problems since it can fly higher than most fighters. I don't think the raptor sucks; this kind of stuff happens; after all it is humans who design the machine; sometimes the unexpected occur; or several things interact to create a situation not anticipated by anyone.

I beth that both raptor crashes could be linked to the same issue.

Toxins mentioned in relation to F-22 OBOGS problems:

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2011/07/defense-toxins-in-cockpit-grounded-f22s-072511/

I can imagine a modern day jet is as such a very unhealthy environment, with electromagnetic radiations all over the place and many very advanced materials that can be highly toxic. I remember that people were warned not to near an F-16 crash site due to the health hazards.

In this case, there seem to be suspicions something bad mixes in with the OBOGS supply.

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but toxins in OBOGS and HazMat in a crash site are different things. Pilots could have gotten any of those chemicals just by walking around the jet. Some of the main concerns on aircraft crashes are composites and HAZMAT chemicals likeJP-8, 7808 oil or Hydrazine.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but toxins in OBOGS and HazMat in a crash site are different things. Pilots could have gotten any of those chemicals just by walking around the jet. Some of the main concerns on aircraft crashes are composites and HAZMAT chemicals likeJP-8, 7808 oil or Hydrazine.

Indeed; I didn't want to link it all together, the real cause of the contamination in the pilots blood is not yet established.

What is for sure, is that while we are fairly confident about the health hazards of a classic jet, there is still much to learn about the risks of composite airframes. It gets compounded by the fact fuel is used as coolant allmost everywhere in a plane like F-22 and F-35. There is a risk of small leaks where HAZMAT materials get in contact with composites and sophisticated coating materials.

Anyway, virtual flying is still safer for your health!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Composites have been out there for a while. OSHA and AFOSH has a lot of training available for them. It is a known risk that fuel (or other chemicals) leak onto composites materials. Please understand I'm not arguing your point, nor am I contesting any of the information you posted. I just don't understand the AF times article. This is stuff we deal with day to day and the way is written makes it sound like a new health hazard.

To whom it may concern,

You know what I pity most about a pilot of a typhoon, F22, other expensive jet. If they have to eject then that's a lot of money they just lost, typhoon for example, £60 million per plane. Imagine if an airfield full of them was damaged. Say 10 aircraft destroyed, that's £600 million you need to find.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

You know what I pity most about a pilot of a typhoon, F22, other expensive jet. If they have to eject then that's a lot of money they just lost, typhoon for example, £60 million per plane. Imagine if an airfield full of them was damaged. Say 10 aircraft destroyed, that's £600 million you need to find.

All depends on what the reasons for ejection are. Pilot error. Ya. That would really hurt the self esteem. But if you have to eject 'cos your jet sucks, like the F-22 for example, then your conscience is clear. :):D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Composites have been out there for a while. OSHA and AFOSH has a lot of training available for them. It is a known risk that fuel (or other chemicals) leak onto composites materials. Please understand I'm not arguing your point, nor am I contesting any of the information you posted. I just don't understand the AF times article. This is stuff we deal with day to day and the way is written makes it sound like a new health hazard.

I agree: the AF Times article has been covered by most other military news outlets, but the question remains how solid the claims are. But it could be that the real new thing is that somehow the F-22 OBOGS system has a dysfunction or an above-average contamination level. In which case they would be a step closer to a solution. To me, it just shows how complex that kind of designs are. It makes you understand why today's fighter programmes take so long to mature.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Exactly what happened to the Japanese; they lost 18 F-2B aircraft in the tsunami at Matsushima AB. An incredibly costly blow; they hope to recover about 6 of them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]