Mirage patch observations Latest 1.5 OB (20.05)

Rlaxoxo

The FM feels smoother then usual, feels little more limiting but for example you can't force it to pull hard when going at lower speeds if you pull full joystick it will reach safe AoA and keep it there and transition into smoothly as you accelerate

The smoothness feels nice as if you're getting optimal turning rate just by holding stick backwards, feels a lot more restrictive ... kinda weird thing but it can be get used to I guess

For example If I punch in Full afterburner and pull stick fully back it will continue to accelerate even though I have fully pulled stick back and you can pull Max 5.6 G's with the AoA of 13.7 degrees

So if I want to keep that speed I can no longer increase the AoA to bleed more speed while turning but I have to reduce the throttle or deploy airbrakes

(This feels odd when doing knife fights)

Another example:

If i Lower my throttle to about 65% Mil power going 322 knots and fully pull back on the stick I will do a sustained turn without losing speed but I will only be able to pull 5.56 G's with 13.0 AoA

(Feels to restrictive)

Turn rate feels good and new "Relaxed state" feels odd a bit (Watching the control indicator) but makes sense

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've noticed some weird behaviour with the FM near slow speeds/stalls/loops

The aircraft starts to pitch up then down and start to do a weird oscillation and it's hard to recover after a loop (Talking below 300 knots here)

(Happens rarely - Have to figure how how it happens exactly)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you fly vertical at about 85 degrees you will hold that flight path and FBW will keep the nose pointed up, however if you fall bellow 290 knots and you put your nose at around 88 - 90 degrees vertical FBW will then push the nose up and try to loop the aircraft for you

Will update if I find more

___

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Thanks for the input Rlaxoxo besides the odd oscillation which I need to check out I think most of your stuff is due to my first point in the change notes (that the wing is much more efficient in a turn now) so I'll need to remove or adjust the tuning I did prior to correcting the aerodynamic center issue for relaxed stability.

I see, I must have missed the note I suppose, thought this was intended

Oh BTW, not sure if this was reported before but the aircraft has an odd behaviour when doing a belly landing (Cus I run out of fuel and don't know how to deploy gears : D)

But basically it bounces all the time even tho it stands still (When you land with no gears)

____

Edit:

Also having odd landing behaviour (Might be related to the first problem)

At the moment where the gear touches the airfield If I don't move my stick the aircraft will hold the nose up in the air just fine for aerobraking but if I pull back on the stick even a slight bit it will try to pitch up really hard the nozzle will hit the ground and will try to Take off pier say but if I don't pull back on the stick it seams okay

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Something really weird is also happening when landing with either 3 missiles or 1 missile, after fighting fbw to lower nose at around 90knots, as soon as front wheel touches down the plane starts to violently veer off to one side. Also when taxiing with uneven load around 20knots plane pulls to one side really hard. This was not happening in beta 5. Both times i was pretty low on fuel under 300. Also from stand still with 300 fuel at idle power planes accelerates 50knots by it`s self tho i understand this is intended behavior ?

Really love your mirage. You guys are doing an awesome job !!!

@ CptSmiley

Here is a track showing a tail strike.

Taping the brakes (quickly) then trying to cancel the nose down moment with a stick input.

Past a certain value, elevons deflects full nose up => tail strike => maintained until nose comes back to front geat touch down.

Didn't try to reproduce without stick input (which is, I think, a bad idea in this situation).

++

Az'

M2KC_tail_strike.rar

spacer.png

I know it may not be much

I recorded one of my MP sorties and I did a landing there (Without control indicator)

Can be seen there notice when I touch the brakes the nose goes down then goes back up again had to quickly counter by more braking and pitching down with joystick

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

@ CptSmiley

Here is another track showing tail strike with no input post-touch down.

First landing AoA 14.2° & very gentle vertical speed = no problem

Second landing AoA ~17° & little rougher landing (nothing dramatic) = tail strike after a little while.

Track made on current open beta (1.5.3 update 6)

M2KC_tail_strike_v2.trk

spacer.png

:thumbup:

Thanks after getting the right rhythm I was able to recreate this I've got the takeoff issues just about tackled so this'll be the next on my list.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I haven't flown Mirage for almost two weeks, so I've missed two updates. Yesterday I flew one of my usual missions and I must say it's a totally different airplane now! Feels much more agile now, but as Riaxoxo mentioned in his first post in this thread, feels much more of FBW limiting now.

Radar is not losing lock anymore, I have the target locked even at crazy heading angles.

Ran quick start GUNS GUNS GUNS mission, immedeately shot down Mig-23 with a couple of bursts (DEFA is much more powerful now), CCM is autolocking just fine. Mirage feels WAY more agile than AI Mig-29 and Su-27.

Landing process has changed a lot, indeed. Will need to get used to it.

I have a question regarding taxing now after landing. Even if I reduce throttle to minimum, it still maintains speed of 31 knots, and if I'm not mistaking, even the wheel brakes don't get me to full stop - I have to shut down the engine. Is it how it's supposed to be ?

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is brake fade modeled? I couldn't tell if it was just a placebo effect, but practicing some landings last night I noticed that they seemed to have lost some of their braking power after bringing the aircraft down from landing speeds, but they seemed more powerful after taxiing a bit. This would be in line with the brakes heating and fading during heavy braking on the runway, but then gaining their power back as they cool.

Maybe it's all in my head.

I haven't flown Mirage for almost two weeks, so I've missed two updates. Yesterday I flew one of my usual missions and I must say it's a totally different airplane now! Feels much more agile now, but as Riaxoxo mentioned in his first post in this thread, feels much more of FBW limiting now.

Radar is not losing lock anymore, I have the target locked even at crazy heading angles.

Ran quick start GUNS GUNS GUNS mission, immedeately shot down Mig-23 with a couple of bursts (DEFA is much more powerful now), CCM is autolocking just fine. Mirage feels WAY more agile than AI Mig-29 and Su-27.

Landing process has changed a lot, indeed. Will need to get used to it.

I have a question regarding taxing now after landing. Even if I reduce throttle to minimum, it still maintains speed of 31 knots, and if I'm not mistaking, even the wheel brakes don't get me to full stop - I have to shut down the engine. Is it how it's supposed to be ?

Great update, but i think parking brake is buggy. I've noticed this first in MP, start the engine, all was fine. Take off, flew, land then park. When parking brake was on, plane was still moving (a bit). I've made a simple mission for testing purpose, what i've found:

-When you set your parking brake to ON (normal procedure) before starting your engine, then after you start your engine, plane will not move.

-Disengage it, re-engage it, plane is moving a bit.

Track below.

(edit: running last stable version, 1.5.3.53279)

M-2000 parking break.trk

Edited by droopy114

I have the same problem in MP, sometimes with the break up the airplane moves.

Yes i just leave a server and i confirm the problem. Just to be sure, i try a repair before, it cost nothing.... parking brake engaged: plane move a bit, same with "normal" brake.

edit: i also try with antiskid on/off, same behavior.

Edited by droopy114

We are checking the brakes issue. Any info you give us helps.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

We are checking the brakes issue. Any info you give us helps.

Thank you,hard to describe, but I have the feeling that the brake a less powerful, for ex. when you are rolling and apply full brake, the front gear is less compressed than in the previous update (not sure if it's clear). Also park break don't stop the plane.

Edited by droopy114

Have not seen it mentioned..maybe I missed it.

Missle pylons missing in MP for host and client.

Have not checked SP yet. Have not checked bombs or wing tanks. Center tank is ok.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Have not checked SP yet. Have not checked bombs or wing tanks. Center tank is ok.

Yep i noticed this in my last MP game, when you spawn in your aircraft for the first time, and only for Magic, outboard pylon. Once you ask ground crew for a rearming, they appear.

At what speed does the tail strike happen ?

around 100 kts see the TRK file here

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=141601&stc=1&d=1464797201

It's not mine and this happend without touching the stick and when you give alittle move forward on the stick to avoid the tail strike the nosewheel give a failure alarm when it reaching the runway.:noexpression::noexpression:

M2KC_tail_strike_v2.trk

Yep i noticed this in my last MP game, when you spawn in your aircraft for the first time, and only for Magic, outboard pylon. Once you ask ground crew for a rearming, they appear.

We were preloaded for 530s and IRs. All four pylons were missing. I'll try rearming but should not have to.

Respawned several times in the mission and it was persistent.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

We were preloaded for 530s and IRs. All four pylons were missing. I'll try rearming but should not have to.

Respawned several times in the mission and it was persistent.

The MP mission was probably created before the change to symmetrical loads or is using the old ED Missiles instead of the new MATRA ones.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."