Dont buy a GTX 1080 for DCS VR

WindyTX

how should you get the CPU usage to 70%? Mine is only 20%, seems like only one and half cores are used. :-<

if you got an HTC vive, You could adjust the pixel density as this topic: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=169141

And then you will find the GPU usage get higher. In my PC this value can exceed to 70%~80%. The important things is that you can see the hud, the cockpit and the targets clearer.

Samsung MR+ | HTC vive + TPCast Wireless Adaptor | Titan RTX(as DeepLearning Computing) | MCG pro + TWCS | 8600k @4.5G | hyperX DDR4 16Gx4 | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB x2 (for Training samples fast R/W)

That is only 1080p of course you will have good frames. If you game only at 1080 p no need to upgrade.

It is related, for example RX 480 make Nvidia to drop price of GTX 980Ti to 400$ and it is announced RX 490 for q4 what will shake market little bit more.

I'm not favoring AMD or Nvidia I'm in favor of customers.

Well I got the Msi gaming 1080 and I see little difference from my old 970 :(

That's weird. I noticed a lot of difference. I was able to turn up almost all my in game graphics settings and bump the PD to 2.0, though I've since gone down to 1.6 as I find it's enough for me. And the 1080 appeared to be running it smoother than my 970 did with all the settings on low and the PD not adjusted....

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

• 1 month later...
FWIW

I installed a GTX 1080 today.

Max GPU usage I see is 25%

Max CPU Usage 70%

Skatezilla has an explanation out there but If you buy a GTX 1080 upgrade vs a GTX 980 I see no perceptible difference.

My GPU usage has just dropped from 45% to 25%

Please see my later post . Upon more testing there was some unexpected bonuses

At what pixel density?

I had a factory 'clocked Gainward GTX970 and got at least a 50% increase at 1.8 PD. The game was playable on the 970 but the framerate was pretty low, averaging around 21fps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

970s have the Gimped Memory Addressing :-),,,

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Just check what pc part is limiting your performance before you buy new hardware.

The gtx 1080 won't be able to draw frames faster if it's already waiting for your cpu to finish calculating what to draw in the scene.

Just download any gpu monitoring application and check gpu usage while ingame, if less than 100% then you won't get higher fps with a faster gpu since you aren't gpu bottlenecked. Only thing you will gain then with better gpu is being able to make the scene prettier with more AA & resolution/pixel density, you should increase those settings until you reach ~90% gpu usage for best usage of your hardware imo.

Edited by Penshoon

Otter

See my later post at pixel density 2.0 it made a difference and Kept the framerate up minimum I see is 30 witn Atw it feels fine just a bit of double vision sometimes out of the side of the cockpit.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Basically settings that majorly effect cpu is visibility range and shadows, lowering those will ease your cpu workload. Trees render distance affect cpu too as they cast shadows but if you get Mustangs no tree shadows mod then you can increase that setting without significant cpu workload impact.

Edited by Penshoon

Otter