You guys are gonna hate me!

Guest IguanaKing

Guest IguanaKing

Mission Aborted guys. :( I'm getting too much of a run-around from the supplier on some back ordered items, so I cancelled the order. I'll be looking around for a place that has a more competent staff. That's WAY too much money to send to a vendor when it seems the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I got cold feet, so I cancelled the order. I just hope THAT goes right.

Guest IguanaKing

Well...I have been dealing with this other company for years. I guess they must be trying to cut costs by hiring people with lower IQs or something. It was a completely different experience from the way it was 3 years ago when I ordered the parts for my current machine from them.

I'll give newegg a look emanence, thanks for the tip! :D

Le them know they lost money due to custumer insatisfaction. When I get that kind of treatment I always let them with a "gotcha" feeling for not being competent. And its well deserved. In this industry its quite easy to be well informed and with the avaiable parts sources there is no excuse for ordering difficulties except in rush christmas season. I dont read much about computer parts, but when I need to get them, I investigate first like most peaople do, and I get the all too often impression that I know more than my own vendor wich will look stupid'efied when I ask him something specific.

Its like I say, they dont care, they dont fare.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I'll give newegg a look emanence, thanks for the tip! :D

I second emanence's suggestion. I bought tons of stuff from newegg before. They are very reliable. I have had occasional DOA items from them, and their return/refund process is very smooth.

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

Nice rig IguanaKing (I love you, but I despise your political views, wait, I'm not even sure if that was you), but your rig won't feature the new Nvidia's $1,7500 Quadro Plex :P

Still, nice rig. Those conroes should be able to offer amazing improvement for Lock On over your older processors.

...and if you already hate me, well, here's fuel for the fire. New system, components arriving on Thursday.

Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe MoBo

4GB Kingston HyperX PC28000 1066 MHz DDR2 memory

2 ATI Radeon X1900XTX 512MB PCI-Express (crossfire)

2 Seagate 160GB SATA-2 HDs

Thermaltake 680W power supply

Thermaltake Tsunami Mid-tower case w/2 120mm fans

Thermaltake CL-P0114 Big Typhoon CPU HSF

2 Zalman VF700-ALCU VGA cooling HSFs

Windows XP Pro 64X

I'll see how well LOMAC runs on full detail on this rig. Its been almost 3 years since my last rig build, so I figured it was time. :D

Awesome rig but why ATI? I dont understand, 7900GTX powns them all and Nvidia is so much better for Lockon. Where did you get that RAM?:shocking:

Guest IguanaKing
Awesome rig but why ATI? I dont understand, 7900GTX powns them all and Nvidia is so much better for Lockon.

As I said earlier, its because I'm an ATI fanboy. I just like their cards and in that particular area, I am very much a follower of the philosophy "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Its the same reason I never bought an AMD processor, and probably never will. I'm just stubborn like that.

Where did you get that RAM?:shocking:

I didn't, that was one of the reasons I cancelled the order. The vendor couldn't seem to actually produce many of the things they were advertising. I'm still going to go for that type of RAM though. I'm not a big fan of overclocking, but this time I want to give myself lots of headroom for that if I should suddenly get an urge to start. I tried it a few times with my current rig, but the RAM was already maxed out on bus speed, so I couldn't get a stable OC worth mentioning. I think I managed to bump my speed by 100MHz, and that was it. The risks outweighed the gains (which were almost nil).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest IguanaKing

Well...per Emenance's suggestion (Thank you again, good sir! :D ) I have ordered my rig from NewEgg.com.

Updated specs:

Thermaltake VA8000BWA aluminum mid-tower case, black

Thermaltake W0117RU 750W PSU

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe/WiFi-AP motherboard

Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz processor

Thermaltake Big Typhoon CL-P0114 HSF

2 Corsair Twin2X2400-8500C5 (total of 4GB)

HIS X1950XTX 512MB video card (I'm waiting for the Crossfire edition of this card to become available so I'll have a master card to use in a Crossfire configuration.)

2 Seagate Barracuda 160GB SATA2 HDs in RAID 0 configuration

NEC DVD +/-RW ND-3550A, black

Sony 16X DVD ROM DDU1615/B2s, black

NEC FD1231H-302 floppy drive, black

Well...per Emenance's suggestion (Thank you again, good sir! :D ) I have ordered my rig from NewEgg.com.

Updated specs:

Thermaltake VA8000BWA aluminum mid-tower case, black

Thermaltake W0117RU 750W PSU

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe/WiFi-AP motherboard

Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz processor

Thermaltake Big Typhoon CL-P0114 HSF

2 Corsair Twin2X2400-8500C5 (total of 4GB)

HIS X1950XTX 512MB video card (I'm waiting for the Crossfire edition of this card to become available so I'll have a master card to use in a Crossfire configuration.)

2 Seagate Barracuda 160GB SATA2 HDs in RAID 0 configuration

NEC DVD +/-RW ND-3550A, black

Sony 16X DVD ROM DDU1615/B2s, black

NEC FD1231H-302 floppy drive, black

How much did that set you back :pain: cause I know that had to hurt. But I would do the same thing if I had the money. I'm sure your going to have fun.

Guest IguanaKing

It was just a little over $2900.00. One thing I'm really looking forward to is having a machine with that Big Typhoon HSF in it...then my ears can finally get a rest. :D

Guest IguanaKing

Almost, Suntrace, keep working on it. I think you need to look for nicer cars though. :smilewink:

Its here, and almost completely built. A word of warning on the ASUS P5W DH though...the IDE cable for your optical drives is only an 18" cable. This is not nearly enough length to reach over a PCI-E video card and connect to optical drives in even a mid-tower case (since the IDE connector on the MB is at the bottom of the case.) Well...I guess I'm off tomorrow morning to get a 36" IDE cable.

Awesome rig but why ATI? I dont understand, 7900GTX powns them all and Nvidia is so much better for Lockon.

Mate where did you get that information?

1) 7900GTX doesnt pwn anthing

2) The moment you turn on AA and AF the 1900xt is all over it. Looks like NVIDIA never did get their AA issues fixed.

And really who plays anything withouht AA?

3) Nvidia has worse image quality to this day. In ti4xxx days they where worse and these days too.

3) NVIDIA better for lockon?

I had lockon with two NVIDIA cards and two ATIs and it was never "better".

7900GTX was an attempt to school the x1900 and it didnt work out.

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

Guest IguanaKing

Haven't tried the 7900GTX yet, but I can say that FPS in LOMAC is not affected at all with AA and AF turned all the way up on my X1950XTX. I'm definitely still impressed by ATI cards and their ability to deal with it. :D

NVIDIA always made the technicaly fastest cards but ATI always managed to have more reliable drivers, often taking the perfomace crown just because of it. I Used to buy NVIDIA (after 3DFX went down the drane) but after watching my 9800 pro tackle with every game for 2 years (being it an already old card when I bought it) it made me think ATI makes great time surviving cards. I had to replace all my NVIDIA cards in shorter periods due to umbearable perfomance. Not to mention image quality.

I have my current GFX settings almost all maxed out, except AA and AF, but I remenber I had to turn everything down to minimum with NVIDIA if I wanted to have decent FPS after it goten 1 or 2 years old, and graphics looked like CRAP after doing this.

As long as both companies make cards of balanced technical capabilities I will always get ATI from now on.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Guest IguanaKing

Doh! I forgot to mention that I didn't need to get a longer cable afterall. With everything installed, the hard drive cage was hiding the fact that there was another IDE connector right near the top, front of the MoBo, so the exisiting cable was plenty long enough. :)

so you finally got it hey, great to hear its impressing you, its depressing me :D

my once proud specs now a shadow of their former pricetag :D hehehe

my flying days are over at present as i am looking to build a slightly newer rig to power the th2go, if you think fps are bad with one monitor, try 3 :(

not to mention (although i am now mentioning it) my current addiction is the mod for rfactor called v8factor.

i am sure some will be familiar with it but many will not, its an excellent representation of aussie v8 racing and it comes with a timely release of the best mount panorama (bathurst) track i have ever seen or driven in a sim.

just in time for this years real race, check it out...

now back to computers, iguana, you were right, i do hate you now :D enjoy it.