ARK-5 Preset Bug

Dugong

It appears with the new ARk-5 preset methodolgy as described here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2609542&postcount=6

the switching from far to near beacon always results in the near frequency being 2khz out from the correct frequency. I tried this on numerous airfields and the system only switched correctly for one airfield (though i forget which now)

I haven't noticed a thing.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

• 1 year later...
It appears with the new ARk-5 preset methodolgy as described here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2609542&postcount=6

the switching from far to near beacon always results in the near frequency being 2khz out from the correct frequency. I tried this on numerous airfields and the system only switched correctly for one airfield (though i forget which now)

The problem still persists. I tried to set the frequency of Mosdok and it does not work.

ARK = 525 kHZ

NDB # 3 = 1070 kHZ when it was to be 1065 kHZ

It's been a long time since I got this module and I flew very little with it, now that I started studying this aircraft more, I noticed this discrepancy.

Any developer could give a hand here ???

Thanks!

If I recall correctly, only two airbases on the map have the default NDB frequencies "compatible" out of the box with MiG-s ARK-5 set, so that they can utilize method described by Derelor. These are Beslan and Krasnodar-Center. For all other bases, you have to edit beacons.lua file accordingly.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

If I recall correctly, only two airbases on the map have the default NDB frequencies "compatible" out of the box with MiG-s ARK-5 set, so that they can utilize method described by Derelor. These are Beslan and Krasnodar-Center. For all other bases, you have to edit beacons.lua file accordingly.

But if you change the file, it will not go through the integrity check in multiplayer ???

Could not this be arranged by ED's own staff? Or are they real frequencies ????

I believe these are real frequencies... or should I say real for timeframe the map was supposed to represent (early- to mid 2000s), and thus, Russian-origin radio navaids, NDBs and RSBN transmitters, are set to be correct for airbases and planes of that period.

No idea if altered beacons.lua affects integrity check. But do you really see any servers with weather conditions so poor that you would need to make a 2 NDB approach method?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I believe these are real frequencies... or should I say real for timeframe the map was supposed to represent (early- to mid 2000s), and thus, Russian-origin radio navaids, NDBs and RSBN transmitters, are set to be correct for airbases and planes of that period.

No idea if altered beacons.lua affects integrity check. But do you really see any servers with weather conditions so poor that you would need to make a 2 NDB approach method?

Since the aircraft has this system, I would like it to work without the user having to modify it by editing a file ...

I do not like having to use mod or edit file so that the module works correctly ...

I would like to know if this system really was available for these single airports

Edited by edineygomes

I understand your sentiment, but it's always the question of how realistic the module should be. Same story with L-39, which can use its RSBN system only on 4 airbases of Caucasus region, because that's how it was in real life. Leatherneck's MiG-21 can use it everywhere, but that's beacuse the system implementation in this module is a fantasy rather than simulation.

MiG-15's ARK-5 set just isn't quite compatible with navaids half a century newer.