VKB MkIV T-Rudder Pedals and Gladiator Sticks now shipping

Great news - I hope VKB will start mass producing more of their limited models, the Gunfighter coming up looks great. Many of the past 300$ plus models as well. I own a pair of the VKB pedals (Crosswinds and Slaw109 cam models too, CH, Saitek, etc), and find them to be the most precise for accurate shots in games like Aces High, etc, where gunnery is absolutely key. The reason isn't so much the quality, which is excellent, up there with the other 2 large custom pedal makers, but due to the nature of how they move. More of a fine motor skill movement (ankle) then gross motor skill (knee/leg). Just my opinion.

I hope VKB makes a throttle one day as well - they have a HUGE opportunity to seize the market if you ask me. Recent HUGE letdown with the TM press conference regarding higher end gear, Saitek - let's get real, CH - as great as they have been, nothing has changed since my 1998 game port Fighterstick/throttle than the USB plugs on the cable ends....Point is NOBODY is making any new stuff but VKB right now (higher end), and they need to make MORE. Gladiator pro is more of a mid range, sort of a "do it all" in one sock deal, with a better system/internals, but it still is not what I"m personally looking for. Their other upscale models ARE, and if they were to include a throttle and make a Warthog competitor or even analogue - since that HOTAS is 6+ years old now...timing couldn't be better. Gunfighter pro platform with say F15/16/18/Sukoi stick adapters along with the 109 stick - I'd buy every single stick made for that thing, and a throttle too. A throttle with adaptable stocks isn't a bad idea either, same sort of one base multiple throttle sticks like the Gunfighter, or Warthog stick was supposed to be (thanks TM for not following through on that by the way).

So, Jason, I hope you can keep pushing forward as you and your Russian friends have, the sim community is counting on you, since TM, CH, Saitek, et al don't seem all that interested or motivated in making newer higher class products for us. If you build it, they will buy.

Edited by Gman109

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

it's good to see them are being sold on amazon also

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15EF-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

it's good to see them are being sold on amazon also

Except they went from 'Available June 30, 2016' to 'Temporarily Out of Stock'. Not exactly available, and that is just the low end stick. The Pro stick and the rudders still cannot be ordered.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If the price is similar, I would much rather buy from Amazon due to the ease of returns if there is an issue.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I preordered the rudder pedals on Amazon 23-June for the 30- June release. My order shipped yesterday and is expected to be here Wednesday! Can't wait to hook these bad boys up! The MKlll's got amazing reviews and some have Said the precision is on par with mfg's. I only fly helicopters so this will be perfect!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just got the pedals today.

Is the center detent supposed to be so rigid?

It is nowhere, not even close, to the MFG Crosswinds.

I bought the pedals specifically for helicopter flight.

Is it realistic to have a rigid center detent?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Flip the CAM, the other side have less defined center position, more suitable for helicopters:

T-RudderMK4_6_white.jpg

As show in picture, have option to make the center even more "hard" changing the bolt that support the spring for right position - people have different tastes. :D

Don't know if is "realistic", but have a defined center position help me fly aircraft - actually the only heli I fly is that "things" on ARMA3. :)

Just got the pedals today.

Is the center detent supposed to be so rigid?

It is nowhere, not even close, to the MFG Crosswinds.

I bought the pedals specifically for helicopter flight.

Is it realistic to have a rigid center detent?

Like others, I flipped my cam around as well... buttery smooth! That's on the MkIIIs. :thumbup:

Check this video to get an idea on how to do this; should be similar for the MkIVs.

[ame]

[/ame]
Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Like others, I flipped my cam around as well... buttery smooth! That's on the MkIIIs. :thumbup:

Check this video to get an idea on how to do this; should be similar for the MkIVs.

Has VKB confirmed that it is similar to the IV's? I heard they made it easier to access the CAM

I noticed on the video when he was holding the CAM mechanism on his hand.....he was what looked like to be either tightening or lossening the horizontal screw directly underneath the cam. What does that screw do and is it necessary? it looks like all that would be needed is to remove the bolt holding the cam in place. I've never owned a set of T-rudders before but my MKIV's are expected to be delivered tomorrow and this is probably the first thing I will need to do since I mainly fly helicopters on DCS. Any insight from any previous owners would greatly be appreciated

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Has VKB confirmed that it is similar to the IV's? I heard they made it easier to access the CAM

I noticed on the video when he was holding the CAM mechanism on his hand.....he was what looked like to be either tightening or lossening the horizontal screw directly underneath the cam. What does that screw do and is it necessary? it looks like all that would be needed is to remove the bolt holding the cam in place. I've never owned a set of T-rudders before but my MKIV's are expected to be delivered tomorrow and this is probably the first thing I will need to do since I mainly fly helicopters on DCS. Any insight from any previous owners would greatly be appreciated

That horizontal screw pushes the (rather stiff) spring inwardly to relieve its tension; you need that to be able to free the cam!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Has VKB confirmed that it is similar to the IV's? I heard they made it easier to access the CAM.

The difference between Mk.III and Mk.IV is that in the last the screw for loose center spring tension can be reached by outside the pedal base, so when remove the CAM support the spring no more press against the CAM.

T-RudderMK4_7_small.jpg

And the CAM support is now fixed on pedal base with 3 bolts, in Mk.III was 4.

Edited by Sokol1_br

The difference between Mk.III and Mk.IV is that in the last the screw for loose center spring tension can be reached by outside the pedal base, so when remove the CAM support the spring no more press against the CAM.

T-RudderMK4_7_small.jpg

And the CAM support is now fixed on pedal base with 3 bolts, in Mk.III was 4.

Thanks for the input guys...my MK iv's are currently out for delivery and should be here any minute now. Hopefully it not too difficult to rotate the cam :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the input guys...my MK iv's are currently out for delivery and should be here any minute now. Hopefully it not too difficult to rotate the cam :)

Just did it, very, very simple!

Buttery smooth now, couldn't be happier.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do u mind giving a me a quick little tutorial...just a couple sentences to point me towards the right direction? Lol

[ame]

[/ame]

That was helpful, but since it's a relatively open design, you can just look in the mechanism to see which bolts need removing to get access to the cam. All the tools included are all you need to do the swap.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That was helpful, but since it's a relatively open design, you can just look in the mechanism to see which bolts need removing to get access to the cam. All the tools included are all you need to do the swap.

How did you remove the baring ontop of the cam? I cant access the cam bolt :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nevermind, i figured it out! I just removed the bearing below the cam and just rotates the same without removing it from its post. The smooth cam is awesome! I had to recalibrate the pedals and add a small deadzone since just the weight of my feet resting on the pedals moves it off center. Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]