F-5E Vs. MiG 21 GRUDGE MATCH (Special PVP Event)

Hook47

F-5E Vs. MiG 21 GRUDGE MATCH (Special PVP Event)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. F-5E Vs. MiG 21 GRUDGE MATCH (Special PVP Event)

• Yes
    • No

ANNOUNCING THE FIRST ANNUAL EPIC F-5E VS MiG 21 GRUDGE MATCH

F5_Mig21_banner.jpg

(Local US Event Times: 1530 PST, 1830 EST)

To celebrate the release of this awesome aircraft by BST 12 brave pilots will take to the skies and prove who is best in this epic match up. This will be a one time event hosted shortly after the F-5s release were 12 players will go head to head to attempt to crown the light fighter champion! American Engineering or Soviet Simplicity? Only one will prevail in the end... Sign up to represent your favorite aircraft in the war to come.... More information below:

Event will be hosting on DCS World Version 1.5.4.55169 Update 2, Black Sea Map. Server Details provided in pre-match TS Brief

TEAMSPEAK 3 SERVER IS UP! ALL PILOTS AND CONTESTANTS WELCOME TO JOIN PRIOR TO THE EVENT, CONTESTANT, STAFF AND RESERVE PILOTS ONLY DURING EVENT!

TS3: hookshangar.teamspeak3.com:9601

CATCH THE MATCH LIVE TOMORROW ON TWITCH.TV!

Rules:

DISRESPECT OR VERBAL ABUSE OF ANY PARTICIPANT WILL NOT BE PERMITTED! Remember this is about having fun and enjoying this new match up. Zero tolerance on participant miscunduct. Please maintain a positive and sporting attitude!

All aircraft will be allowed to access any weapon available for it, as this event will test the full capabilities of the aircraft involved (the lone exception to this is the RN series nuclear weapons for the MiG)

All players will be using the same label and realism settings to facilitate a fair environment.

All players will be allowed to choose a team, but must stick with that team and airframe until event completion.

Both teams will have the option of destroying the enemy by running the other team out of respawns, or a risky strike to destroy their base. Both bases, for the sake of fairness, will be protected with identical equipment.

Both teams will be advised of the enemy base location, however the "fog of war" will prevent any further knowledge beyond that.

Both teams WILL be equipped with an AWACS, however the AWACS is a viable target. Allowing the enemy team to destroy your AWACS will result is a loss of SA!

VICTORY CONDITIONS:

A team will achieve match victory of the following is achieved-

1. The opposing team runs out of "Team Lives" meaning their airfield no longer has any reapawn aircraft remaining. Each airfield will be equipped with the same amount of aircraft. This amount will be announced in the pre match briefing

2. Destruction of enemy airfield. Both airfields will be protected by comparable equipment, and will have a matching number of "Critical Targets" The match can be won by attempting a strike or multiple strikes, however the airfield is well defended and the enemy will have the advantage when attacking the airfield. This objective allows both aircraft to demonstrate their multi-role capabilities

ROSTER (Sign up below or PM, first come first serve)

MiG 21s: TEAM FISHBED

BORT 1-1: Tony_Kito (Team Captain)

BORT 1-2: <51>Teknitinium

BORT 1-3: Chimango

BORT 2-1: ///Rage

BORT 2-2: Frostie

BORT 2-3: Scoops

F-5Es: TEAM TIGER

1-1: Baldawg (Team Captain)

1-2: TIGER - GR_TIGER

1-3: OPEN!!!

2-1: Zooker

2-2: Ufric

2-3: ColGray

EVENT MODERATOR: Ramsey

RESERVE: (Anytime a event like this occurs, there are no shows, so I will place pilots on this list if all the slots fill up. If you are on this list make sure to show up, as you may be able to snag a slot!)

SPECTATORS/CAMERAMEN (I would like to have a couple players record some footage of the battle if possible!)

Spectator 1: OPEN

Spectator 2: OPEN

NOTAMS:

7/21/16: Okay guys, TEAM FISHBED has assembled! We are full with 6 pilots, however if you still want to fly hop into one of the remaining Tiger IIs or the reserve pool. If you want to be put in the reserve, please note your airframe preference with a (21) (F5) or (Any) after your callsign.

7/22/16: THE F-5 IS OUT! Once we get a 1.5 version, we will be announcing the date of the grudge match! Stay tuned...

7/23/16: MATCH DATE IS SET! The Tiger pilots have a solid week to prepare, so let's fill that Tiger team up!

7/24/16: We have a slot on Team Fishbed now open. I'll give it until Saturday for the Rosters to fill up, so if your interested apply ASAP

7/26/16: Teams are full! Thanks for registering participants, other interested parties fill free to sign up for the reserve and join the TS the day of the match to see if you can be slotted. TS Detials will be up soon

7/31/16 The match is soon and sadly we have bleed a couple pilots at the last minute- please sign up or show up at 2230 Zulu if you can fly!

*Credit to Lord Angel for promotional image!

Edited by Hook47

As a renowned MiG-21bis pilot among my inner circle of DCS friends and colleagues, I volunteer to become the MiG-21 Team Captain.

We outta show those Sidewinder-toting Yankees who's the real king of the 3rd Generation.

gdr-mig-21-flightline.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Arm it up

As a renowned MiG-21bis pilot among my inner circle of DCS friends and colleagues, I volunteer to become the MiG-21 Team Captain.

We outta show those Sidewinder-toting Yankees who's the real king of the 3rd Generation.

gdr-mig-21-flightline.jpg

+1 for Tony Kito.

Will this be streamed? I wanna see this live.

OK guys, List is updated with participants so far- I appreciate the response! I will try to find a time that works for everyone once we have a date announced

Keep in mind I will need all participants to have a working version of Team Speak and we will be flying on the latest version of Beta, if all goes well.

///Rage I have you on reserves until you specify an airframe, then I will bump you up to the active list

Well MiGs will need to be steered toward any targets some how unless we all converge on a single point.

A reasonable point, so I have added a poll and based on response I will change plans accordingly. Thanks for brining that up

///Rage I have you on reserves until you specify an airframe, then I will bump you up to the active list

As much as im looking forward to the F5 its got to be the mig21:) At least gives me a reason to learn it properly:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Btw how cool it would be if we had an event like this for the devs to fly? :D Or they already do and we don't notice? Just saying to give them some fun time, would love to fly side by side with dolphin or cobra ;)

Mig-21 Headbutter

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Thanks for all the new entries! I'll be updating the roster tonight. Feel free to continue to apply and I will place you on the reserve list. Keep in mind this will be first come first serve, and reserve players will bump into flying spots if the original roster is a no show

Also how many respawns are permitted?

This has not been fully determined but for the sake of a reasonable match length and server stability we will probably go with a lower number, possibly 3. Stay tuned for further details.

Make us proud! ;)

Daddy is watching, MiG flyers!!! Now if a BST rep stops in the gauntlet has truly been thrown down haha

Btw how cool it would be if we had an event like this for the devs to fly? :D Or they already do and we don't notice? Just saying to give them some fun time, would love to fly side by side with dolphin or cobra ;)

Mig-21 Headbutter

Maybe for a future event if this one is successful! Devs are of course welcome to fly in this match as long as we have slots open

Edited by Hook47

Okay guys, TEAM FISHBED has assembled! We are full with 6 pilots, however if you still want to fly hop into one of the remaining Tiger IIs or the reserve pool. If you want to be put in the reserve, please note your airframe preference with a (21) (F5) or (Any) after your callsign.

Thanks!