F-5E Vs. MiG 21 GRUDGE MATCH (Special PVP Event)

Hook47

F-5E Vs. MiG 21 GRUDGE MATCH (Special PVP Event)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. F-5E Vs. MiG 21 GRUDGE MATCH (Special PVP Event)

• Yes
    • No

MATCH DATE HAS BEEN SET- SEE FIRST POST FOR MORE INFO

I'm currently evaluating the F-5s readiness and if need be the match will be pushed to its backup date, but as it stands now I am pushing forward with holding the match on the 31st. Ultimately we will need to accept that the MiG has been out years, and the F-5 is in early access, so there will be complicating factors in any case. Just remember this is about having a good time and a little bragging rights!

I'm in.

Team Tiger 1-6.

My nickname is Ufric.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Added! Put you in 1-5 for now to make things easier to read but if

You want 1-6 the night of the action we can bump you to that aircraft

Thanks!:) However, the nickmane it's "Ufric", not Ulfric.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's a matter of what era you want to simulate. We have not a western AWACS from the 70's so this is difficult. The bad part will be for Mig-21 because Mig-21 play with GCI/EWR and depend of the terrain. While if you set AWACS for F-5 gonna be unfair because all the AWACS you have for western in DCS are after 90's technology. The best choice is set GCI for both.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a quick question, to get something out of the way, are the nukes for the MiG-21bis going to be disabled?

I'd love to do some over-the-shoulder bomb tossing on top of the americanskis heads.

Although I want to give all weapon options to both airframes, for the sake of gameplay and fairness I'll probably have to exclude the RN series for the MiG 21s :)

After my initial excitement about the release of the F-5 I just realised that I'm not gonna be in Spain on vacation on the 31. and therefor I have to withdraw from the match! :(

Darn it!! :badmood:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

After my initial excitement about the release of the F-5 I just realised that I'm not gonna be in Spain on vacation on the 31. and therefor I have to withdraw from the match! :(

Darn it!! :badmood:

I'll remove you from the list. Hopefully we can get some more F-5 pilots because that roster is kind of light!

I think we should wait until the sidewinder implementation in the F5 is fixed

I know the Sidewinder isn't up to snuf along with a few other bugs, but at this time we are planning on going ahead with the match based on the current builds of both aircraft. There will be other matches down the road once those items are fixed, but round 1 will proceed in the current state as this round is about having a good time and testing out the concept.

Please sign me in as reserve MiG-21

added!

Edited by Hook47

Two questions:

Is external views prohibited ?

Is avable for russian pilots ?

If yes, sing me please ))

SandMartin

F-5E

P.S. Sorry for my bad english )))

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

Two questions:

Is external views prohibited ?

Is avable for russian pilots ?

If yes, sing me please ))

SandMartin

F-5E

P.S. Sorry for my bad english )))

I want to be open to pilots of all nationalities, but I do kindly ask that you be able to read and communicate verbally well in English so the other pilots can speak with you on TeamSpeak. Do you think this will be an issue?

External Views are being decided now. We want to stream and record the event, but it's proving quite hard without external view. Do you want me to hold off putting you on the roster until we have an official decision?

I would urge you to having labels and externals off.

I agree whole heartedly. Part of the advantages/disadvantages of the modules is visibility and situational awareness from cockpit design. If externals must be on, then pilots should be instructed they are not allowed to use them.

I agree whole heartedly. Part of the advantages/disadvantages of the modules is visibility and situational awareness from cockpit design. If externals must be on, then pilots should be instructed they are not allowed to use them.

I agree totally, the only reason externals are being considered was to permit live stream/recording of the event to add a interesting aspect, which per my testing may be very hard to do without external view. Labels will certainly be off.

We could ask pilots to refrain from external view in the honor system, but I know some participants may still have concerns