160 members have voted

1. 1. -= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok weird one tonight... Once Sail Ahoy peeps kept getting kicked/dropped from the server randomly.

What do you mean "peeps"? Only you were kicked/dropped?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

More missions without Harriers, please!!!

Or better: Rip out Harriers from all missions! :music_whistling:

They should just fix the freaking damage model.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Peeps is my cool kid way of saying people :megalol:

CAT, www.youtube-DCS-Dogfights.co.something.com...... and I were experiencing it. :thumbup:

You and your peeps. I'll check it out later.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

And the Mig-21 Damage model and the Mig-15 Damage model and the.....

man they have their work cut out for them

I was referring more to the fact that Harriers frequently take two to three missiles to down. That isn't the case with the MiG-21 or the MiG-15.

Yeah, a whole bunch of stuff needs to be fixed on the MiG-21.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I was referring more to the fact that Harriers frequently take two to three missiles to down. That isn't the case with the MiG-21 or the MiG-15.

Yeah, a whole bunch of stuff needs to be fixed on the MiG-21.

loool, its rare i laugh that hard, Mig21 is the King of missle eating! 2-3 missles is normal,sometimes even 4....

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

loool, its rare i laugh that hard, Mig21 is the King of missle eating! 2-3 missles is normal,sometimes even 4....

Funny, I've almost always taken down a MiG with one missile and never taken down a Harrier with one.

Maybe you're accidentally firing at the Harriers thinking they're Migs?

Edited by Boris

Funny, I've almost always taken down a MiG with one missile and never taken down a Harrier with one.

Try this then! I always take down Harriers with 1 missile! 2 at the most. I fly the MiG-21 and 1 missile takes me down. Seems like the DM is different to each and every player. That's veeeeeery strange.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

while that would be a convinient reason for all harrier haters, nope i am not that triggerhappy an i rearly fire at the wrong target :joystick:

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

I don't get the point about damage, my knowledge about damage model doesn't go beyond DCS experience. To me, the Mig-21 and other soviet hardware seems very sturdy and can sustain a lot of damage. Yesterday one Su25T survived the attack of four aircraft and a bunch of missiles.

Dude, nobody hates nothing here! My main concern about Harriers is that they do not fit a Cold War 60's/70's scenario. Its avionics suite, sensor, and weapons are too overpower in this server. A digital hud that gives a lot of information and situational awareness on the battlefield, a truly effective RWR that really gives you a whole view os the situation and an A2A missile far... far... FAR... better than the best redfor similar weapon.

So we are fighting a late 90's aircraft with a very limited 70's hardware.

I cannot say that a mig21 would take more missiles than anything else.

had downed a couple of migs with one missile only - on the other hand my viggen sometimes was flyable even after getting hit - not good, but i got away :pilotfly:

about friendly fire: happened to me twice on this server, oh man gotta get my visuals right:doh:

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

Often the mig21 can take a missile and fly for a while. But engine is suffering until death. The flight behaviour becomes also hard, and that's not something an F5 can notice.

That's why most think it takes a lot of missiles to be downed

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Looking over Tacvies from last two nights over 6hrs worth.. All Pilots not just me FYI

Blue

Viggen- To Kill Mig21 = 1 Shot

F5-E3- To kill Mig21 = 1-2 Shots 50/50

AV8B- To Kill Mig21 = 1-3 Shots Predominantly 1Shot

Any Jet To Kill SU-25 = 1Million Gun Rounds... Honestly ridiculous :lol:

Red

Mig21- To Kill F5-E3 = 1 Shot

To Kill Viggen = 1Shot

To Kill AV8B = 1-3Shots Predominantly 2Shots

SU-25- To Kill Anything = No Data

Kinda interesting to see. Also worth bearing in mind when I was killing Migs in the AV8B I was trying to get as many head on as possible or side on to maximize potential for killing the pilot because I know it can take two shots. Most of the F5-E3 kills on Migs were rear aspect close range, medium to long range took more hits to kill.

Overall the Viggen seems the most stable for killing and kills.

This is in no way the most accurate test but some of you might find it interesting. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the detailed analysis comie

I was referring more to the fact that Harriers frequently take two to three missiles to down.

I noticed this too :)

Edited by deyneko

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat.

We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

Visit our website:

VIRTUAL-PILOTS.COM

... My main concern about Harriers is that they do not fit a Cold War 60's/70's scenario. ...

Didn't know the server was called Cold War 60's/70's. That would exclude the F-5E Tiger ll, the MiG-15, the Sabre, AWACS, some ground units etc.

For the X time the cold war started in 1945, right after WWll and lasted until 1991 when the Soviet Union had collapsed. The Harrier made its maiden flight sometime in the late 80's. Surely RAZBAM wasn't thinking only about this server if at all when they made a Harrier of the late 90's. We've got to deal with what we have otherwise we'd end up having a module or 2 on each server just to give it the exact reflection. We'd end up having more servers and much less players on each. That's fun! The Harrier with its HUD, RWR and super avionics never gave me an extra challenge while flying my MiG-21. The F-5 was and still the fighter out there that gives me the best, toughest and longest dogfights and nothing else that is easier to predict.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments