New video conversions of older tutorials

Ironhand

Hi folks,

Just a quick note to let you know that, over the last several days, I've uploaded 3 older tutorials converted to video:

• 09/10/06: Video Rendering of the Original Tutorial: "Interpreting and Using the A-10 RWR (Radar Warning Receiver)" on the Flight Basics page.

• 09/09/06: Video Rendering of the Original Tutorial: "Spin Recovery" on the Flight Basics page.

• 09/08/06: Video Rendering of the Original Tutorial: "Outmaneuvering SAMs" on the Suppression of Air Defenses page.

Also working on a few others. Enjoy.

Rich

• Like 2

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

btw i was watching the A-10 RWR (Radar Warning Receiver) video, i was thinking, actually hoping, could anyone create like a visual list of what each contact stands for. sometimes When I'm in the air i look down and see the diamond, the curve, the hat or whatever and I’m trying to recall whether its an air contact or ground and what type it is. By the time i get my answer, I'm already dead lol. So it would be a great help if someone showed me the signs. I usually fly the flanker but i guess i should venture off into the western plane once in a while. That's why I'm kinda unfamiliar with the RWR.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
btw i was watching the A-10 RWR (Radar Warning Receiver) video, i was thinking, actually hoping, could anyone create like a visual list of what each contact stands for. sometimes When I'm in the air i look down and see the diamond, the curve, the hat or whatever and I’m trying to recall whether its an air contact or ground and what type it is. By the time i get my answer, I'm already dead lol. So it would be a great help if someone showed me the signs. I usually fly the flanker but i guess i should venture off into the western plane once in a while. That's why I'm kinda unfamiliar with the RWR.

I hope the attachement will help you. Sorry that in lua.

ALR69_param.zip

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Those are written on page 185 and 186 of the flight manual.

And this is from 1.12readme.rtf.

The Su-27/33 and MiG-29 appear on the TEWS and RWR as a ‘29’ symbol because of the similarity of the associated radars.
  • Like 1

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit my site Beyond Visual Range.

btw i was...hoping [for]...a visual list of what each contact stands for...

Damn. I knew there was something I was forgetting. I had included the list as a Word document with the original tutorial and forgot to zip it up with the video conversion. I'll have to repackage it and upload it.

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I saw "Interpreting and Using the A-10 RWR" tutorial (I missed it when was first released) and I was ROTFL at the end. A realy nice different ending :D .

Ah... and I saw that ejec... errr... Active Misile symbol. Also Ironhand... you forgot your house keys inside the plane :megalol: .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I saw "Interpreting and Using the A-10 RWR" tutorial (I missed it when was first released) and I was ROTFL at the end. A realy nice different ending :D .

Ah... and I saw that ejec... errr... Active Misile symbol. Also Ironhand... you forgot your house keys inside the plane :megalol: .

Glad you liked that. I had forgotten how I ended that one until I watched it again in the conversion process. :)

True story: Remember the section in the tutorial where I talk about the SAM trap I had set up getting pounded? That's actually what happened. I'd forgotten that the ship I'd placed in the mission to provide another radar type would attack the friendly SAM units I'd set out to cover my retreat from the MiG-29. I climbed into the cockpit with the recorder going, flew the mission to that point, saw the smoke and thought: uh-oh. Decision time. I could either quit and rework the mission and start over...or continue and see what happened. I continued, liked the ending, and kept it.

Rich

_____

Guest IguanaKing

It should be the same, but the problem is that the array of threat systems in Falcon 4.0 may be different. Friendly ground radars also show up in Falcon 4.0...but not in LOMAC.