(Unable to reproduce) I think VR Aircraft Scale is Off

mytai01

Thank you

Makes no difference whatever number I put, Or at least no noticeable diff.

Try with even bigger/smaller numbers? I don't how eyepoint offset is configured with current DCS version, I can't help more than that sorry :(

Maybe someone who has experimented with that will chime in...

• 2 weeks later...

I just mesured my IPD and it seems it is 68-69 approx. and in dcs it is configured eye_shift = -0.032; for left eye and eye_shift = 0.032; for right eye which is 64 and probably #PiedDroit is wright that this is the reason I see everithing like a toy.

I was changing the settings in my install dir while there should be the same file in the saved games folder which overwrites the one in the install dir. Will try it later and hope it will work.

But this is fundamental for ED to make a slider or something inside the game settings as it ruins the VR expirience for everyone with IPD different from 64.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did Anyone find a solution to this? I'm currently using the HTC Vive and whilst flying the Spitfire is immersive the Cockpit and pilot are too small.

Also does anyone know if the 190 has the same problem whilst in VR?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HTC Vive

Windows 10 Maximus VIII Hero i7-6700k CPU @ 4.2GHz 16GB Nvida GeForce GTX 1080. Ram Duel SSD's

Did Anyone find a solution to this? I'm currently using the HTC Vive and whilst flying the Spitfire is immersive the Cockpit and pilot are too small.

Thanks

I did a lot of research on this and unfortunately couldn't find any way to change the scale :(

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks

I have the Vive as well. I don't think I have your problem; did you try repairing/reinstalling DCS?

Regardless, I attached my graphics settings for you that might indirectly improve your VR experience. 1869ddfb8d37f0785a6e1516e7461b30.jpg

21a7bd96ca228a1b2054bfd9e1747179.jpg

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2

• 2 weeks later...
There is scaling on the main menu scene.

I never found that adjustment Control.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

i don't have a VR Headset, just a monitor and TrackIr, but when something appears "too small" it might be connected to FoV / zoom level maybe?

the wider the rendered FoV (not the physical FoV of the VR googles) the smaller things will appear to you.

I can't control FoV in VR headset.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

• 2 months later...

It might be that the whole world in DCS World is not truly to apparent real life scale. All I can say is that every time I get in the real aircraft and look around it appears larger than the experience I'm getting in DCS World. The apparent size of the DCS aircraft are about 80% of the apparent size of the corresponding real aircraft. The only way you can tell is by comparing the real things to the VR experience. It's very apparent to me in every aircraft I've had the pleasure of being actually being in. Earlier I thought the UH-1 was correct size, well, I got to sit in one a few weeks ago and I was impressed with how much larger the cockpit was in real life. Pupil distance on Oculus has no effect on apparent size of objects in the game.

There is scaling on the main menu scene.

I have found no evidence of scaling in the sense that I'm talking about on any version nor any menu in the game...

It might be that the whole world in DCS World is not truly to apparent real life scale. All I can say is that every time I get in the real aircraft and look around it appears larger than the experience I'm getting in DCS World. The apparent size of the DCS aircraft are about 80% of the apparent size of the corresponding real aircraft. The only way you can tell is by comparing the real things to the VR experience. It's very apparent to me in every aircraft I've had the pleasure of being actually being in. Earlier I thought the UH-1 was correct size, well, I got to sit in one a few weeks ago and I was impressed with how much larger the cockpit was in real life. Pupil distance on Oculus has no effect on apparent size of objects in the game.

It is known that the buildings in DCS are not scaled correctly.. but they will..with the new T4/T5 maps.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I have found no evidence of scaling in the sense that I'm talking about on any version nor any menu in the game...

The main menu scene actually scales up the hanger/bunker objects, thats it.

has nothing to do with cockpits orin game scaling.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs