LN Quick Status Update (We're alive!)

Cobra847

It's not really a simulated raycasting radar. It just knows where ground units are from the game engine and shows them on the radar screen and all contacts are just shown as rectangles, instead of a real radar picture.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Haven't played BMS much recently.

Ground radar contacts show up as blotches depending on the strength of their radar return in BMS now. Large structures and complexes can be distinguished by their shape I.E. airfields. Also, while BMS doesn't yet have radar shadows, it already models properly not showing radar contact returns if you do not have line of sight.

If it just sits cold on the ground it should be detectable I guess, but I don't know how or if moving helo blades appear in the radar? That leads me to another question:

Does the Viggen radar has a moving target mode?

Dont think so it has mapping and ranging. Question here is mainly if the resolution of the screen is high enough to make out the small really reflective area a helicopter presents. The blades are mainly interesting for doppler filters, which the Viggen doesnt have.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Me too, lol. Isn't it great. ;)

Good to hear about the progress.

Any chance the Viggen will be ready before the 2.5 merge?

Just curious, not busting your chops, lol

To answer that LNS would need to know when the merge will happen. As far as I know not even ED knows that atm.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It's not really a simulated raycasting radar. It just knows where ground units are from the game engine and shows them on the radar screen and all contacts are just shown as rectangles, instead of a real radar picture.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Haven't played BMS much recently.

This is correct as I understand it