Multicrew testing video

Mt5_Roie

So were hard working on the multi crew capability and it does require quite a bit of testing. This video was shot today when we had me in the Oculus rift, and Pat just using his normal setup.

The video is on the L version, but we are testing all the version and making sure things work as they should. Enjoy, I know I did.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

I was hosting the session. Pat is in the middle of the water somewhere...so his ping isn't the best. But it still worked great.

Who was hosting the session and what sort of latency (ping) did the other player have?

Looking great!

Roie, could I ask what FPS you get using the Rift?

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Omg you guys fixed the recoil from the rockets?! <3 :D

Nope it was up to ED to do it and they did it ^^

But you DID fix the grass friction problem (although I haven't tested last Friday's version if it was already on that one..) <3 :D.

The multicrew is bloody impressive!

It's really encouraging to see that relatively new developer team (and I don't mean that in anyway negatively, you must have some good coders on your team, judged by the quality and speed on which you are developing) can get the multicrew working so well in such a short time. The functionality will open so many new interesting opportunities, not only for Poly-Chop and Gazelle, but other developer's and DCS in general.

Just out of curiousity: Have you any idea how well the multicrew framework scales to more than two people?

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

Depending on the area and map (remember 1.5.4 isn't fully EDGE yet), I get between 30-90. Closer to the ground in populated cities is closer to 30, up in the sky dogfighting is closer to 90. But in 2.0.2 I've always gotten higher fps around 60-90. So looking forward to 2.5 when everything is fully EDGE.

Looking great!

Roie, could I ask what FPS you get using the Rift?

The grass friction test was pretty cool. Wasn't really expecting it and being the one flying and in the Oculus rift - it was pretty scary.

As scaling, I could see it being a lot of work. But since I we haven't tried to put more then two people in, not sure how well the engine would handle it.

But you DID fix the grass friction problem (although I haven't tested last Friday's version if it was already on that one..) <3 :D.

Just out of curiousity: Have you any idea how well the multicrew framework scales to more than two people?

Yes it does. It actually doesn't care if your in single player, multiplayer, or multi crew. It just gets the info from DCS and sends it to the simshaker.

Hey Roie,

does the Jetseat/SimShaker work in multicrew?

Depending on the area and map (remember 1.5.4 isn't fully EDGE yet), I get between 30-90. Closer to the ground in populated cities is closer to 30, up in the sky dogfighting is closer to 90. But in 2.0.2 I've always gotten higher fps around 60-90. So looking forward to 2.5 when everything is fully EDGE.

The grass friction test was pretty cool. Wasn't really expecting it and being the one flying and in the Oculus rift - it was pretty scary.

As scaling, I could see it being a lot of work. But since I we haven't tried to put more then two people in, not sure how well the engine would handle it.

Yes it does. It actually doesn't care if your in single player, multiplayer, or multi crew. It just gets the info from DCS and sends it to the simshaker.

Fantastic video and exciting times ahead :thumbup:

intel i7 6700k overclocked to 4.6, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard, Asus strix 1080, Max flight stick(modded), MFG Crosswind pedals.

Fantastic! I was curious. Are you guys planning on showing the movement of the flight control sticks? Also is it possible to show the other players mouse cursor? This could be very useful if your fellow crewman is asking about a switch, he could point to it and you would be able to see what he is pointing at. Very useful for communicating and training.

That is our plan to do for the flight controls. I didn't really look because I was having such a good time having someone else fly.

I'm not sure about the technical abilities to make the mouse work. But once the basics are done, it's something we can look into.

Fantastic! I was curious. Are you guys planning on showing the movement of the flight control sticks? Also is it possible to show the other players mouse cursor? This could be very useful if your fellow crewman is asking about a switch, he could point to it and you would be able to see what he is pointing at. Very useful for communicating and training.

Yep, I'm glad it's been toned down. The Gazelle is a light helicopter and it shook it around pretty bad. She feels awesome to fire the rockets from now.

Amazing job! I can also confirm that ED has fixed the rocket recoil. Did a quick test with both the Gazelle and P-51D Mustang.

Hi, not possible to sync the mouse, but you'll have the micro' light, which could be used approximatively the same way.

Microlights? We have microlights now??

Oooh, nice one, 007! How many rockets in one load? :megalol:

"approximatively" - nice one! Mais oui! :lol:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Bummer, that and the ability to fly multicrew in campaigns would be a fantastic feature ED to add.

Ehehe, what if I told you that the solo campaign is completely playable in multi-crew without anything to modify ;) ?

@ Brixmis, bon eh oh, on va se calmer le rosbeef là hein ;)