Thrustmaster Combined Full DX Mapping (extending the 32 DX buttons limit)

• 1 month later...

Hi, trying to use use you script but in game the POV hat on the stick is not recognized (using the Run_simple.tmc). 

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

21 minutes ago, bkthunder said:

Hi, trying to use use you script but in game the POV hat on the stick is not recognized (using the Run_simple.tmc).

Is the POV working if you check in the Device Analyser ?

1. Run the script
  2. Click DEVICE ANALYSER icon

1 hour ago, sedenion said:

Is the POV working if you check in the Device Analyser ?

1. Run the script
  2. Click DEVICE ANALYSER icon

Yes it works well

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

6 minutes ago, bkthunder said:

If I use the joystick without script, the hat is recognized normally in-game

If you go into your CONTROLS setup within DCS, can you affect POV in any commands ? My guess is that you simply forgot to remap it. While the script is running, the HOTAS is recognized as a different device and you must configure all your commands specificaly for this new device.

Edited by sedenion

No i didn't forget. 

I am remapping everything, so I choose the command, double click in the "Thrustmaster combined" controller, and press the button on the stick. 

All buttons are recognized, but when I press the stick hat, nothing happens.

2 minutes ago, bkthunder said:

All buttons are recognized, but when I press the stick hat, nothing happens.

Sound very wired... If the POV work within Device Analyser while the script is runing, it should also work within DCS. Did the POV work using other mapping presets, like Hybrid or Complex ?

Edited by sedenion

I tried all scripts, and it doesn't work with any of them, this is weird indeed..

Edited by bkthunder
grammar

Hello,
is it possible to assign led on and off to the button marked below in red?
What I mean is:
- the first press turns on the operation of some function in the aircraft and turns on the led diode,
- the second press turns off the operation of that function on the aircraft and turns off the led.

image.png

Edited by markov5

12 hours ago, markov5 said:

Hello,
is it possible to assign led on and off to the button marked below in red?
What I mean is:
- the first press turns on the operation of some function in the aircraft and turns on the led diode,
- the second press turns off the operation of that function on the aircraft and turns off the led.

Yes, you can, using the method described here but targeting the MSP button instead of LDGH :

The difference is that you should comment lines 36-37 of MapThrottle.tmh file, and insert this line instead of the one in the previous tutorial:

MapKey(&Dev, MSP, TGL(DX26, DX91, &Throttle, LED5));

Hey Sedenion, I'm in the middle of rebuilding my HOTAS setup. Ive been using your SCRIPT with a TMWH HOTAS, I've recently got my hands on a Viper Panel. I have not updated anything, DCS or TARGET. So I'm asking; guilty of ignorance on my part, but is 2.2 ready, or are you still working on a SCRIPT that will allow a user to add the Viper Panel, like you would an MFD to your 120 dx count? By customizing our button states 1/0 where we need it with a TMWH HOTAS in the Complete SCRIPT profile?

Thanks for the SCRIPT update so quick, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you have given us. 

:drinks_cheers:

Edited by _Hoss

Sempre Fortis

7 hours ago, _Hoss said:

Hey Sedenion, I'm in the middle of rebuilding my HOTAS setup. Ive been using your SCRIPT with a TMWH HOTAS, I've recently got my hands on a Viper Panel. I have not updated anything, DCS or TARGET. So I'm asking; guilty of ignorance on my part, but is 2.2 ready, or are you still working on a SCRIPT that will allow a user to add the Viper Panel, like you would an MFD to your 120 dx count? By customizing our button states 1/0 where we need it with a TMWH HOTAS in the Complete SCRIPT profile?

Thanks for the SCRIPT update so quick, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you have given us. 

:drinks_cheers:

The script can work with Viper devices, but mapping functions are not yet implemented, so you have to implement them yourself at this stage. In the principle, you have to create a new mapping file for each new device to map (notice that technically you are free to proced how you want, I give you here process to stay in my script pack organisation logic). Each mapping file implement a mapping function, which must be then called within the main() function you can find in each run_*.tmc file of my script (near the end of file you'll see how other mapping functions are called).

In the TARGET Script Editor, Thustmaster declared two new devices, "ViperTQS" and "ViperBBox". ViperTQS seem to be the throttle grip while ViperBBox must be the additional panel. So lets take an example to create a new Mapping script for the ViperTQS device:

1. Open the "Run_Custom.tmc" file in TARGET Script Editor (or any advanced editor)
  2. Go to the end of file and before the   return 0;  add   MapViperTQS();   (do not forget the semicolon)
  3. Save and close the file.
  4. Open file explorer and go to the mapping folder of my script pack.
  5. Duplicate the file "MapLMFD.tmh" (copy - past) and rename the copy "MapViperTQS.tmh".
  6. Open this file in TARGET script Editor (or any advanced editor)
  7. Change the function name from MapLMFD(), to MapViperTQS() for example
  8. Change all references of &LMFD to &ViperTQS

You now have to add mapping functions calls to assign DX# to Viper TQS buttons. The Viper TQS buttons names and axes are defined near the end of the defines.tmh file that come with TARGET Softwares.

So here is an example of mapping function calls for the Viper TQS :

MapKey( &Dev,    QB_BTN1,      DX22);
  MapKey( &Dev,    QB_BTN2,      DX23);
  MapKey( &Dev,    QB_BTN3,      DX24);
  MapKey( &Dev,    QB_BTN4,      DX25);

Unfortunately, contrary to the Warthog, for the Viper TQS and Viper BBox, Thurstmaster did not any effort to name buttons with friendly identifiable names, we are left with basic sequential numbered identifiers, so you have to look at the manual that list buttons and their number.

I will see to create a mapping function for the Vipen Panel, unfortunately I don't own it and reference documentation is very sparse...

Edited by sedenion

LOL, okay, I will definitely attempt this at some point. I've got two custom files now. I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to start numbers.  What do you need to know?, the name, numbers of the buttons?... there are two modes 32, and 43 button virtual mode.

I emailed these guys when I got my panel and there was no TARGET update, they actually emailed me back when they uploaded it. I guess I could take screen shots when I actually get the Left Console I'm building done, TARGET updated, Complete DX updated. DCS updated I'll get my "Round Tuit" activated and see what the GUI screen looks like and take a screen shot of it for you, you will know the button names. 32 and 43 virtual mode.

Thanks

Sempre Fortis

8 hours ago, _Hoss said:

LOL, okay, I will definitely attempt this at some point. I've got two custom files now. I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to start numbers.  What do you need to know?, the name, numbers of the buttons?... there are two modes 32, and 43 button virtual mode.

I emailed these guys when I got my panel and there was no TARGET update, they actually emailed me back when they uploaded it. I guess I could take screen shots when I actually get the Left Console I'm building done, TARGET updated, Complete DX updated. DCS updated I'll get my "Round Tuit" activated and see what the GUI screen looks like and take a screen shot of it for you, you will know the button names. 32 and 43 virtual mode.

Thanks

I checked manual and I am able to create mapping for Viper TQS and Panel. The main problem now is that the Viper TQS+Panel have more buttons than Warthog Throttle and my current button assignation is tightened around Joystick+Warthog Throttle with a specific logic to keep some consistency and optimize the count of used buttons depending enabled "mapping features". This mean that to implement consistent mapping for Viper TQS+Panel I have to rethink the button assignation logic, create a new assignation, so, also new (modified) mapping chart images... So, I will probably try to work on that, but this will take some times.

Ok,

I finaly created a new mapping logic and implemented mapping for Viper TQS and Panel. Script set got a big evolution and is now architectured differently.
However, since I don't possess the Viper TQS nor Panel, I need some "beta testers" here to check whether everything work fine and that mapping options are relevant considering physical switch behaviors.
There is no graphical mapping chart, you'll have to check button assignation using Target device analyser.

"Beta" version of the script avaible in attached file

TM Combined Full DX v2.4.zip

Hi,

I finally released a new version integrating mapping for Viper TQS and Panel corrected and debugged (despite nobody for testing). The whole script set evolved and the DX assignation changed, but the good news is that mapping chart are updated.

Without geting to far into details, the DX numbers assignation is now partially dynamic but on detected/mapped device basis, meaning that if you keep the same base device configuration, nothing will change and you can refere to the new mapping chart to help you.

Changelog for this version:

• New mapping system with per device dynamic DX assignation
  • Viper TQS and Viper Panel mapping implementation
  • Updated mapping charts

Link for download in the first post of this thread here

Edited by sedenion

6 minutes ago, sedenion said:

Hi,

I finally released a new version integrating mapping for Viper TQS and Panel corrected and debugged (despite nobody for testing). The whole script set evolved and the DX assignation changed, but the good news is that mapping chart are updated.

Without geting to far into details, the DX numbers assignation is now partially dynamic but on detected/mapped device basis, meaning that if you keep the same base device configuration, nothing will change and you can refere to the new mapping chart to help you.

Changelog for this version:

• New mapping system with per device dynamic DX assignation
  • Viper TQS and Viper Panel mapping implementation
  • Updated mapping charts

Link for download in the first post of this thread here

Thanks you for your great job !

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

• 1 month later...

Hi all ,

I am new to the target script editor, but have got a working .tmc file working , thanks to all contributors on here and their invaluable information.

This leads me to some questions!

I have created some throttle axis  custom curves. Now, is this the correct place to make use of this functionality or shall I remove them from the script, but then add them in the DCs combined throttle axis mappings under controller settings?

What would happen if they are declared in both places?

The advantage of removing the custom curve entry from the script is that I can create different curves for different aircraft by editing within DCS, unless of course someone could suggest a way of programmatically selecting a particular curve within the script when a particular aircraft is flown within DCS?

Any thoughts welcome,

kind regards 

Mark

2 hours ago, markcam4 said:

The advantage of removing the custom curve entry from the script is that I can create different curves for different aircraft by editing within DCS, unless of course someone could suggest a way of programmatically selecting a particular curve within the script when a particular aircraft is flown within DCS?

It is probably possible to change curve programmatically using TARGET, via button combination for example, but the required work not worth it. If you want per aircraft custom curve, configure them within DCS and let a neutral curve in your TARGET script, this is way more simple and convenient.