Remote dedicated server

UWBuRn

A friend of mine asked me if i can help him setting up a dedicated lomac server. I've looked for dedmac and it's quite clear how it works. Anyway i've didn't realized if there's a way to start the server on remote. On my lan i've tested with window$ remote desktop ( i think it's called in this way in english) but the game won't fire up, after the cd is checked it ctd with a dxrender.dll error even if the game runs if started locally. There's a way doing this exept starting lomac when the OS starts? How does 504th, 169th and other dediserver's owners handle this?

TIA.

• 10 months later...
harg!!!!!!!! what what? where? noway..

Possible to take some files into the cd version to make it no cd ?

I can't go into the data center and popup the cd .....

You lost me. But I'm OK with that.

There is a CD version and a download version. Each has its own version of StarForce. The download version obviously doesn't check for a CD that doesn't exist. And as far as I know, thankfully, there is no no-cd crack for FC.

And why do you think there can't be a CD left in a CD drive of a server in a data center?

lol because in our data center 2 inch servers don t have a cd drive on each machine.. it's on a separate machine that deliver for the others but this make no sens .. an other mistake from the dev team.

The wayto have it it's to make a special machine with a cd but this is so bad.

I doubt that the people that run the servers would be very happy to have any version of StarForce on their servers (especially if they were co-hosted or Virtual Private Servers). Besides, I SEVERELY doubt that a 1Unit high server will have the GFX-power to run Lock On even in it's most basic form. That's not really what they're build for.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

lol because in our data center 2 inch servers don t have a cd drive on each machine.. it's on a separate machine that deliver for the others but this make no sens .. an other mistake from the dev team.

The wayto have it it's to make a special machine with a cd but this is so bad.

This still would not hinder you from installing a DL version of FC.

BTW: This is no 'another mistake from the dev team' (what are the other mistakes then ?)

There simply is no DediServer version of Lock-On or FC available yet, that's it.

If you want to run Lock-On / FC as a 'server', you have to provide a machine that basically is capable of all features a normal player rig shows as well - you have to meet the same system requirements except the display (but nevertheless Lock-On / FC is calling for a 3D-videocard, DX-9 capable, DX-8.1 for Lock-on 1.02)

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Our dedicated server have a Intel 82865G card (without 3D accelaration) and LO works fine. 150 fps. ;-)

We use VNC to start LO.

Have you seen the output from that GPU? I know someone that has one of those and the majority of the game just shows black. And that's with v1.02.

Have you seen the output from that GPU? I know someone that has one of those and the majority of the game just shows black. And that's with v1.02.

yes we have the output. It's not very smooth but it's enough to launch the server. There is somme things to do before it can work. It works only with VNC and not with the remote desktop.

LOTATC .NET // LOVICA .NET // 3rd Wing

Yes meaning the server must be on a regular case at the colon, place at the data center are very very limited, thanks your friend or compagnie that you are at ;).

Well yes it's really to bad that Lockon don't have a dedicated server files like IL2, and others.

You can also use LogMeIn, which is found at www.logmein.com. It uses a regular web-browser through HTTPS and a 256bit encryption, and passes through firewalls quite easily.

logmein.com does not work because it does not allow 3D rendered graphical stuff to be transfered to your local display. or somthing like that, but it doesnt work

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

logmein.com does not work because it does not allow 3D rendered graphical stuff to be transfered to your local display. or somthing like that, but it doesnt work

Hmm...true that. Forgot about that one.:doh:

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.