Indirect Fire

recofsky_sergio

if you are asking if you can trigger an artillary strike then yes... I am sorry but I'm having trouble understanding your question.. perhaps if you re-phrase it?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Please add details.

- The artillery should be AI?

- The observer should be AI?

- The action should be done by people or by Script?

- In which way do you want to command the fire?

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

• 8 months later...

I would appreciate any help on this. I have a coop mission where I need the OPFOR (All AI) to have artillery indirect fires over an incoming ground force. The Blue Force would be human controlled through a Tactical Commander so I do not know the exact routes they would use.

I would like the OPFOR using "observers IA" detect this incoming enemy and provide indirect fires on it.

So to resume

Artillery : AI

Observer: AI

Action performed by script or trigger or any other non human assisted method

I want that when enemy is detected by an observer AI, this directs arty fire on it.

Any help or suggestion would be appreiated.

Thanks !!

What you could do is set up multiple trigger areas, like a grid, in the area your observer can see. Set up multiple fire missions for your artillery with the spread set to roughly equal the grid size and a flag set up for each grid square that'll trigger the corresponding fire mission.

It's a bit messy, but it should work.

Thanks, I have thought about that but I have no clue what routes the human commander would use and thus I would need to create an absurd number of fire missions and triggers to cover all possibilities.

I was looking for something more "dynamic" like AI Observer detects enemy, Artillery mision is generated based on that observation.

If that would be possible

Thanks, I have thought about that but I have no clue what routes the human commander would use and thus I would need to create an absurd number of fire missions and triggers to cover all possibilities.

I was looking for something more "dynamic" like AI Observer detects enemy, Artillery mision is generated based on that observation.

If that would be possible

I have been asked to do this by a sqn mate... Wait a couple of days. :p!!

Hello again... find attached a miz and lua.

Load Mist first, then "artillery 1.01.lua" adn then through "do script".

artilleryIA("observername ", "batteryname")

where observername and batteryname are the name of the groups that will be the observer and the guns/mortars.

By editing the .lua file you can change the time of the loops, the radius of the bombing, the distance the obsever can locate the enemies (they need to be in Line of SIght).

You have a mission example.

artillery.rar