Where are MK-20s?

Fer109

They seemed to be removed from the sim for some reason for player selection. I've noticed this a long time ago. An alternative (basically upgraded version, successor) is the CBU-87.

You CANNOT equip the Rockeyes even if you made your own payload as Razor stated.

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

Thank you for your replies.

I have duplicated the preset loadoubt with 8 MK-20s, and then I modified it preserving as many MK-20 as I need.

So, I can fly and drop MK-20s with no problems, but it is quite unusual to have to do in this way.

No reason for not able to select them manually.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I used to use the Mk-20's in the A-10A but in some recent patch I noticed that they have been made pretty much useless for anything other than infantry. Had a hard time destroying lightly armoured vehicles and even trucks so now opting for the CBU-87 and 97.

Anyone still killing lightly armoured vehicles with the Mk-20's?

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

I used to use the Mk-20's in the A-10A but in some recent patch I noticed that they have been made pretty much useless for anything other than infantry. Had a hard time destroying lightly armoured vehicles and even trucks so now opting for the CBU-87 and 97.

Anyone still killing lightly armoured vehicles with the Mk-20's?

I've tried them with the M2000, where they currently serve as a placeholder for the french cluster bomb and they seem pretty weak.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I've tried them with the M2000, where they currently serve as a placeholder for the french cluster bomb and they seem pretty weak.

In the A-10A I can't even kill a column of unarmoured trucks with them anymore. A direct hit with 4 Mk-20's on a string of 6 trucks and all 6 survive? If I drop CBU-87's or CBU-97's then all are killed. :dunno:

Edited by Winston 60

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Thank you for the related post and the opinions. Now it is cristal clear.

So, removed after one update, but still alive in loadoubts.

Yep, the model is still there and the default payloads haven't changes, so they're still there in the payloads but you can't equip them by yourself anymore.

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

• 4 months later...