Do you use JTAC in Red Flag?

colyoap

So right now ive been trying to keep to protocol and get my tasking from the JTAC units in the Red Flag campaign. Problem is due to the incredibly long time it takes to get a response back at every step I usually end up 15 min past my off time, all alone in the airspace, engaging targets that have already been destroyed by chevy flight (f-16s), with enemy air breathing down my neck because the Eagles have long since gone. Many missions end with me only firing a few mavs then jettisoning ordance to turn and burn out of the AO terrain making as much as possible. I know this is due to all of the other radio chatter, mostly from awacs, pushing my long-awaited response to the bottom of a very long list. So my question is, do you other drivers ignore the JTAC control completely and pursue your objectives as you see fit thereby kind-of defeating the purpose of the training, or do you do the same as me? I'm not trying to complain, I absolutely love this campaign, just wondering what others are doing.

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

I don't know about any of the further missions, but I had no problems interacting with JTAC on mission 3. I called them after passing Mt. Irish, approaching the waypoint CHECKIN (I think it's called) and while there was some delay, I managed to get my target data before I was within weapon range. I circled one time before running in, and reached VUL before I was able to engage the secondary target. It gave me a mission success.

Agreed some missions tend to work better than others, 6 probably gave me the most trouble so far, but I'll count you as "pro-JTAC". I would appreciate any advice from someone who finished the campaign as well.

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

Perhaps it might help to switch off "strike" general frequency (124.00 IIRC), to get faster JTAC response.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Perhaps it might help to switch off "strike" general frequency (124.00 IIRC), to get faster JTAC response.

Do you mean turn off the radio in-cockpit or is there a away to actually disable DCS from using the strike force channel. I know that if I only turn off the radio on my end the program is still running the radio message script in the background, I just won't hear it. Same goes for AWACS if I shut off my AM radio completely.

Almost 270 views and no other opinions? That's kind of a first for this community haha. Am I the only one with this issue?

It's been a while since I played the Red Flag campaign. I don't remember having problems in that regard. On the other hand I do have the "updates from other flights" radio option disabled. Maybe that might help to declutter radio traffic…

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

\\\S.D. Plissken... American, Lieutenant: Special Forces Unit "Black Light". Two Purple Hearts, Leningrad and Siberia. Youngest man to be decorated by the President. Then you robbed the Federal Reserve Depository... life sentence, New York maximum security penitentary.

\\\My Specs

ASUS Maximus IX Code / i7 7700K / 32GB DDR4@3600MHz / MSI GeForce 1080Ti / Samsung M.2 960 EVO / ACER PREDATOR X34A / TM Warthog / MFG Crosswind Pedals / TIR 5

Lt. Snake, thanks I'll disable the option and see how that works. Thanks! mjolner, I'm checking the vids out now.