Don't Think You Are Safe!

Johnny Dioxin

While I really enjoy flying the A-10 and Huey in DCS World, and I never feel nausea as long as I am inside the cockpit (looking toward the rear and being outside the cockpit is another story), I don't like being at 45 or even 27.5 FPS (on the ground at Nellis at dawn with lots of AI) even with ATW helping - I have to shut my eyes when I turn my head too fast and I don't like the ghosting (double images) when I look sideways at the ground objects.

What I do enjoy is flying and maneuvering in War Thunder with the same PC and video card which will in fact provide a 90fps experience - no ATW needed (no ghosting). I suggest you try it to see how it feels for you. Maybe not the arcade battles with lots of tight turning but just the Preview flights without the need to dogfight. At least you can see if it helps to have 90 fps. Make sure you use the Oculus Debug Tool to set Pixel Density at 1.4 or so and occasionally - for testing purposes - turn on the Performance HUD overlay to make sure you are getting the app framerate at 90fps.

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

One time I spent five days in a helicopter...way back when...flying 10 hours a day. One morning I made the mistake of having a big "American" breakfast before the hop...I was young and let's just say I never made that mistake again :D

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

I can't see that as any help at all. Motion sickness is a result of disorientation, associated with what your eyes see, and your inner ear tells you and not whether or not you have your ass massaged.

I think everyone's ass can use a Good Massage every once in a while:D

Patrick

mini.gif

My first flight with Rift was about 20 minutes in DCS and i was sick for 2 days. After a few days off i tried again only this time i leaned my head back until i touched the headrest on my seat. This felt so much better! It gave me a feeling of stability that almost eliminated the problem.

Hope this helps someone.

The most I have felt sick is using a driving game before I upgraded my computer.

I generally only feel sick in helo's and more occasionally planes when I crash ( quite a regular occurence in the gazelle to start with ).

I found that if I close my eyes before I hit the ground I wouldn't feel so sick! I think it helps with reducing the disconnect between eye and the radical movement your brain is seeing and is really not happy with trying to process this visual assault.

Works for me anyway and is far more realistic... If I was really going to crash into the ground, I'd close my eyes as well!!!

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.