Cycle selected store?

hollowman8904

Is there a way to cycle what weapon store is active? I guess what I'm looking for is an easy way to switch from the Super 530s, to Magics, and back to Super 530s again without taking my hands off of the HOTAS.

I suppose I could map the "Store 1" and "Store 2" select buttons, but I'm trying to find a way to consolidate since spare HOTAS buttons are hard to come by :joystick:

Thanks

What I did is change the override switch on the throttle to work like the real thing(I think).

This will only work properly on a 3 position switch though, whenever you have something selected on the PCA you can flip the switch to Magic or guns and when you return it to center it'll go back to whatever you had selected previously.

{down = iCommandPlaneModeCannon, up = iCommandPlaneModeGrid, name = _('Gun Override'), category = _('HOTAS')},

{down = iCommandPlaneModeFI0, up = iCommandPlaneModeGrid, name = _('Magic Override'), category = _('HOTAS')},

I would generally love to see additional button commands for turning multiposition switches clockwise and counterclockwise! For example the radar power selector and the PCN parameter selector just to name two.

I don't have enough bottons on my Hotas to map each of the functions individually. This is actually nicely done in the F-86 where all these switches have a CW and CCW mode as well.

Wonder if Razbam plans to include this function in the future?

Edited by funkyfranky

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Well Magic and Guns have a single button to cycle between them, so you only need a second button for PCA2 (usually 530D)

its also alot more logical as in a dogfight you dont want to have to cycle 3 options , its a waste of precious time.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys, it's like the real aircraft.

You select 530 mode.

Then you use the throttle 3-way selector:

- priority A/A guns

- neutral = return to PCA selection (in this case: 530)

- priority MAGIC

Perfect on a Warthog (if you fly with this HOTAS) with the switch just under the airbrake switch (forgot its name).

spacer.png

Boat switch :)

I really need to learn how to script these neutral position commands in TARGET...

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Guys, it's like the real aircraft.

You select 530 mode.

Then you use the throttle 3-way selector:

- priority A/A guns

- neutral = return to PCA selection (in this case: 530)

- priority MAGIC

Perfect on a Warthog (if you fly with this HOTAS) with the switch just under the airbrake switch (forgot its name).

If you have an Warthog or a 3-way switch on your joystick....witch i don't.

That's why some of us are asking for a single joystick/button assignment ;).

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Thanks, wasn't sure.

I used TARGET to do that. And no script, GUI was enough.

Would you mind letting me know how to do that?

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

If you have an Warthog or a 3-way switch on your joystick....witch i don't.

That's why some of us are asking for a single joystick/button assignment ;).

But these commands are not requiring a 3-way switch. They are not in 3-way switch abstraction category but in the HOTAS category. You can assign these commands to 3 regular push buttons.

But these commands are not requiring a 3-way switch. They are not in 3-way switch abstraction category but in the HOTAS category. You can assign these commands to 3 regular push buttons.

I think their issue is that they don't have enough buttons on their controllers to be able to assign it to three different push buttons. So an option that cycled through the override modes and PCA selection would allow them to use a single button, even if it's not quite as convenient/ergonomic.

Ah Ok, which single command selects the Magic 530 then?

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

I have a feeling you already know the answer to this.

I think their issue is that they don't have enough buttons on their controllers to be able to assign it to three different push buttons. So an option that cycled through the override modes and PCA selection would allow them to use a single button, even if it's not quite as convenient/ergonomic.

Sorry, I tried to help, but I misunderstood that the original request was for an FC3-type command, used in SSM.

Edited by vparez

Would you mind letting me know how to do that?

Not at all :)

There are currently 3 available control inputs:

- MAGIC select

- AA GUNS select

- PCA select => i.e. neutral position

Simply map each of them on the Warthog's boat switch, with "PCA select" as the center one.

NB: I'm not sure of the exact wording, going from memory here.

I could point that there is no such thing as a "Magic 530" :D

But more interesting would be to write that there is no "single click 530 select" button in the real aircraft; so it sounds OK to me not to have one in the sim. :)

As I wrote earlier, select 530 through PCA (there are inputs for this if you want to map them, would be the 2nd one of the bottom line). Then use the inputs simulating the throttle switch (described just above), knowing that the "neutral" one means "back to previously selected mode on the PCA" => if this doesn't work (I need to check thorously), then it's a DCS M-2000C bug.

++

Az'

spacer.png

As I wrote earlier, select 530 through PCA (there are inputs for this if you want to map them, would be the 2nd one of the bottom line).

++

Az'

I can see "PCA BUTTON 1-5 SELECT" in controls, but that's for the top row on PCA.

What control map input selects the >2nd one of the bottom line?

All the other map inputs as you described are working fine, I can switch between Magics & 530 on my joystick now....but I still have to 1:st manually press the 530 button....& that's what I want to avoid.

Thanx :)

I just checked to make sure ( you had me worried that the last update changed it)

but i have "Stores 1 Select " on my stick , it will cycle Magic and Guns which is perfect

i also have "Stores 2 Select" for 530D/Bombs , whichever.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not at all :)

There are currently 3 available control inputs:

- MAGIC select

- AA GUNS select

- PCA select => i.e. neutral position

Simply map each of them on the Warthog's boat switch, with "PCA select" as the center one.

NB: I'm not sure of the exact wording, going from memory here.

Does this need the HOTAS to be "combined" using TARGET? IIRC there's no input from the Boat Switch centre position when used without TARGET.

Thanks!

I'll give this a try when I get home! Thanks!