[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Hi Tim,

looks like some looped effect(s) didn't get "stop" command.

Unfortunately, I don't have av8na harrier module to reproduce that. What if you fly some other plane, will the issue persist?

Hi Andre,

Yes, it seems to be what you suspect, a loop in the code does not end when the mission does for the harrier...I tried the hornet this weekend and the input to the buttkicker stopped when the mission ended as expected. Then I tried the same mission with a harrier and when the mission ended, the buttkicker kept rumbling....even when I shut down dcs completely , it kept rumbling....until I shut down the ssa and the sound module. If you have a guess at a solution which is fairly straight-forward I could give it a try for you since you don't have the harrier...just let me know.

tim

Fargo

I9-9900, GTX1080Ti,32GRam,Pimax 5k+, HP Reverb, TM WartHog, MTG Pedals

I think so. I deleted my old export file and then ran SSA and it placed a new export file in the same saved games folder.

Hmm, a wild guess, did you test it on a single player mission or multilayer? In the latter case, the server must allow player exports...

Hi Andre,

Yes, it seems to be what you suspect, a loop in the code does not end when the mission does for the harrier...I tried the hornet this weekend and the input to the buttkicker stopped when the mission ended as expected. Then I tried the same mission with a harrier and when the mission ended, the buttkicker kept rumbling....even when I shut down dcs completely , it kept rumbling....until I shut down the ssa and the sound module. If you have a guess at a solution which is fairly straight-forward I could give it a try for you since you don't have the harrier...just let me know.

tim

Can you guess which rumble effect didn't stop?

I've tested it on single and multiplayer servers but to no avail....

Hmm, does it work with a fresh export.lua?

Otherwise, check your firewall rules and log files from DCS and SSA (enable logging in the service tab)

Hmm, does it work with a fresh export.lua?

Otherwise, check your firewall rules and log files from DCS and SSA (enable logging in the service tab)

So, I figured it out. Apparently, my activation key was somehow disconnected from the Sound Module. I re-entered it and voila, everything is working again. I'm not sure how it got disconnected but I'm an idiot for not noticing it sooner.

Thank you to everyone for the help!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube Facebook Twitter Twitch

So, I figured it out. Apparently, my activation key was somehow disconnected from the Sound Module. I re-entered it and voila, everything is working again. I'm not sure how it got disconnected but I'm an idiot for not noticing it sooner.

Thank you to everyone for the help!

Ah great. I'm glad that everything is working again! :pilotfly:

Hello,

Im a bit confused, have been looking for info on JetSeat or the apparently barnd new ForcelFeel seats, and I wonder if SimShaker for Aviators works for those. I can tell Jetseat seats do, but what about the incoming new product?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | Buttkicker | SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle - Phantom

Not really, it seems like just a constant rumble which continues until I shut down the sound software....it actually seems like it may begin to do that instead of vibrating to events during the mission even before the mission ends and then just continues after the mission ends....I'll try to isolate it better the next time I fly if I can... If it helps...I also just got the gametrix jet seat from Andre and even with the Harrier, vibrations stop when the mission ends as they should.

Fargo

I9-9900, GTX1080Ti,32GRam,Pimax 5k+, HP Reverb, TM WartHog, MTG Pedals

Not really, it seems like just a constant rumble which continues until I shut down the sound software....it actually seems like it may begin to do that instead of vibrating to events during the mission even before the mission ends and then just continues after the mission ends....I'll try to isolate it better the next time I fly if I can... If it helps...I also just got the gametrix jet seat from Andre and even with the Harrier, vibrations stop when the mission ends as they should.

Yes, it helps... and confuses. How it can be? Is the issue still with the Harrier only?

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello,

Im a bit confused, have been looking for info on JetSeat or the apparently barnd new ForcelFeel seats, and I wonder if SimShaker for Aviators works for those. I can tell Jetseat seats do, but what about the incoming new product?

I think finally it will be supported one way or another, but the device should be produced first.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Updated SSA to 1.2.0, only to find out it reset all my strength settings. Updated the Sound Module to 2.7, only to find out it broke the entire thing completely.

I use a Buttkicker, and the only option I can select is "USB (Gametrix KW-90x only)", the others are greyed out. This is after a full uninstall and reinstall of both software.

Considering I paid 30$ for the Sound Module, I'm pretty annoyed with an update that both reset my settings and broke the program.

EDIT: Log from the Sound Module:

14:39:25.254 Could not find file 'C:\Users\affa\Desktop\SimShaker Sound Module.appref-ms'.

Of course it can't find it, I don't keep a copy of the app reference on the desktop. Is it hardcoded? I can't find a setting anywhere.

Edited by Gliptal

Updated SSA to 1.2.0, only to find out it reset all my strength settings. Updated the Sound Module to 2.7, only to find out it broke the entire thing completely.

I use a Buttkicker, and the only option I can select is "USB (Gametrix KW-90x only)", the others are greyed out. This is after a full uninstall and reinstall of both software.

Considering I paid 30$ for the Sound Module, I'm pretty annoyed with an update that both reset my settings and broke the program.

EDIT: Log from the Sound Module:

Of course it can't find it, I don't keep a copy of the app reference on the desktop. Is it hardcoded? I can't find a setting anywhere.

Resetting of settings might be from time to time not avoidable. Usually I announce this here a certain time before. It is always good practice to keep backups of important things...

Once the SoundeModule was started, it should have placed a proper file in "SimShaker for Aviators" in your documents folder...

Just to clarify, SSA is freeware...

Something may went wrong in any business.
Yeah sorry, it's a busy day and a bunch of stuff is piling up at the same time.

What's wrong with the Sound Module?
The Sound Module starts, but it seems to not "connect" with SSA: here is the full verbose log.

Thank you for using SimShaker software!

Visit me at https://andres.shop to find more interesting offers!

Happy flying :)

15:5:8.564 SimShaker Sound Module | Version 2.7

15:5:8.587 Got settings from Soundmodule.cfg

15:5:8.694 Could not find file 'C:\Users\affa\Desktop\SimShaker Sound Module.appref-ms'.

15:5:8.844 UDP Receiver started

It seems to be looking for an .appref-ms that isn't there (I keep my Desktop clean).

Resetting of settings might be from time to time not avoidable. Usually I announce this here a certain time before. It is always good practice to keep backups of important things...

Once the SoundeModule was started, it should have placed a proper file in "SimShaker for Aviators" in your documents folder...

On SSA's side, I can't select the option to use a Buttkicker, but only a Jetseat.

In my "Documents" folder I have two .Database.bin file, and a "SimShaker for Aviators" folder with a ".cfg" in it.

Edited by Gliptal

Could you please restore SimShaker Sound Module.appref-ms shortcut from the bin,

let Sound Module find and copy it from the desktop,

and clean the desktop just afterwards?

I copied over an .appref-ms I had in my Windows Menu folder, and it worked. Thanks man. Note that I never got such a shortcut, I only removed the SSA shortcut after install. Why are you looking for an .appref-ms of your own software on the desktop, if I may ask?

Again, apologies for my tone before.

First of all, thanks to both of you for making the buttkicker gamer 2 work so well with DCS!

I do notice two minor issues so far. One is when I launch SSA, I get an error saying that it can’t connect to some USB device (maybe the seat cover with little motors?), and vive cushion is also mentioned in the error. I only have the Buttkicker device and use Oculus rift. Any ideas how to prevent this error when I launch SSA?

The second is when I fly F-15C. There seems to be nearly constant and strong vibrations during flight without gear, flaps, AB, or gears deployed. I disabled all “shutter” effects for generic jets but still feel the strong vibrations.

Thanks again for making this awesome product. The sound mod add on was worth the purchase, and I plan to make donation for SSA when I get home from work today.

First of all, thanks to both of you for making the buttkicker gamer 2 work so well with DCS!

I do notice two minor issues so far. One is when I launch SSA, I get an error saying that it can’t connect to some USB device (maybe the seat cover with little motors?), and vive cushion is also mentioned in the error. I only have the Buttkicker device and use Oculus rift. Any ideas how to prevent this error when I launch SSA?

Did you set it to Sound Module Output only? So no, simultaneous output.

The second is when I fly F-15C. There seems to be nearly constant and strong vibrations during flight without gear, flaps, AB, or gears deployed. I disabled all “shutter” effects for generic jets but still feel the strong vibrations.

Thanks again for making this awesome product. The sound mod add on was worth the purchase, and I plan to make donation for SSA when I get home from work today.

Maybe it's engine rumble effect? The next SSA stable version will come with an effect monitor view which allows you to see which effects are currently active.

Did you set it to Sound Module Output only? So no, simultaneous output.

Thanks! I had mistakenly enabled simultaneous output. After disabling, no more error.

Maybe it's engine rumble effect? The next SSA stable version will come with an effect monitor view which allows you to see which effects are currently active.

That would be a nice feature for sure. The inability to adjust rumble level was caused from my inability to notice the big red letters.

Attention: Tailored aircraft entries are only added when a supported aircraft is used in the simulation!

It was the first time I loaded the F-15C with SSA running, and at that time the F-15C wasn't displayed (only generic jets). Now that I can see the F-15C, I can adjust everything.

Thanks a bunch for the fast support!