Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

TJ, on red, test it with the Mustang. It's rarely flown.

It will lag... if it hasn't been spawned in yet on the server, because the model isn't loaded. As I said in previous posts :)

As I said - I'll add all flown aircraft as AI (some already are) so at least the server has them. Therefore any lag from spawning should be reduced to just client lag, depending on if you've seen the model before or not. If you have an SSD this will be even further reduced and only affects you and not other clients as the server loading a model would.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

The only time I ever felt the constant jittery lag was when we had a million blue manpads and sa6s north of Kutasi to help keep red from coming south. You wiped the units and restarted the server and I haven't seen the constant lag since then. If it's the constant stuff you guys want to get rid of, I think we found the limit that night and just need to tweak it from there.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that sounds very positive!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Live map?

Hey gents,

probably a stupid question but is their any way to see a live map of the blue flag server right now? I know it is in testing stage right now but some guys of my squad flew just yesterday and I was wondering about how they knew what to attack and wich are our bases and so on.

Until now nobody could answer me.

But another buddy told me about an application for the live map. Does the download still exist somewhere?

Thanks a lot in advance! :smilewink:

I love your work!

Greetz

Mago

Edited by StG2_ELMagoQuinn

Okay in this case I can stop searching for it. Thanks for the quick answer! :)

I see a map on this website but not the old one. So no airfields and no indications of blue or red and so on.

Is there a trick I didn´t heard of or is it just not functional atm?

Okay in this case I can stop searching for it. Thanks for the quick answer! :)

I see a map on this website but not the old one. So no airfields and no indications of blue or red and so on.

Is there a trick I didn´t heard of or is it just not functional atm?

Working for me on mobile?

What browsers are you using? Try chrome as it's definitely fine in that. :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Oh I tried it on my mobile now. Indeed it is working! :) On Windows Explorer as well. Just Chrome and Firefox are not working properly atm. Didn´t think about that before....

Maybe a problem with my Windows 7 or sth like that.

Anyway thanks a lot to both of you! Now I will have a nice evening. :thumbup:

Greetz

Mago

Well, I hesitate to report this, and I hope that this doesn't go away, but so you guys know:

You can return lives for aircraft at FARPs. Took Oni FARP, after LGB strikes with the help of friendly neighborhood JTAC. Decided that I might as well try to return my life there so I could get back to Kutaisi faster. Landed on a 500m stretch of road (straight part of road past dogleg, just east of the helo pads), and taxied up to the pads. Low and behold, life returned, and some fuel donated to the FARP to boot. Was a damn good short field landing if I do say so myself...

Now, maybe, could we possibly add rearm/refuel capability to the F-5 at road bases / FARPs? Might make me blue for life :D

Oh I tried it on my mobile now. Indeed it is working! :) On Windows Explorer as well. Just Chrome and Firefox are not working properly atm. Didn´t think about that before....

Maybe a problem with my Windows 7 or sth like that.

Anyway thanks a lot to both of you! Now I will have a nice evening. :thumbup:

Greetz

Mago

the real time web based map is now stock again, pls we need some one to check it.

Both of these are related.

We know that the web based map sometimes has issues and are checking.

It usually is resolved within a few minutes, if not, let us know.

Both of these are related.

We know that the web based map sometimes has issues and are checking.

It usually is resolved within a few minutes, if not, let us know.

Thank you for your response.

it is obviously stuck right now and not resolved within a few minutes, it is stuck all day.

it must be repaired.

Edited by wumas0201

JTAC has never had problem spotting troops when I am on, but the base did not even close and troops did not even spawn. Drove JTAC and a SU25T all over the airfield - nothing shooting, no lasing/spotting, nada. Killed all the rando service vehicles as well. The airfield was completely wiped, and I even double checked the bunkers for spawns inside of themselves.

Methinks the trigger needs to be checked.

They can to different targets - should not be able to call 2 bombers into the same target at the same time.

But is this intentional? Wasn't it only 1 bomber for the whole map to avoid AI lagging the server?

Also noticed that the deployed troops that come from helos and cleared objectives can be controlled by both coalitions forward observer. Was wondering why troops were being wiped out one by one while they were standing next to hostile troops with not returning fire and then checked their ROE.

It seems this community still has issues.

But is this intentional? Wasn't it only 1 bomber for the whole map to avoid AI lagging the server?

Also noticed that the deployed troops that come from helos and cleared objectives can be controlled by both coalitions forward observer. Was wondering why troops were being wiped out one by one while they were standing next to hostile troops with not returning fire and then checked their ROE.

That's odd - are you sure it wasn't friendly GCI setting green? If enemy is doing that, that's messed up. Some things are certainly exploits, but that crosses the line.

Hopefully it gets fixed, kind of the like the all-seeing eye upon death problem. I'm sure Ciri and crew will get it figured.

You can call up to 3 bombers in at one time to different targets.

Same target is impossible.

Once called and bombed there is also a cool down timer.

Bombers also won't spawn within 60 km (can't remember exact number, will check) of target and are pretty low and slow so easy to intercept . They are a good distraction for enemy cap if you're trying to sneak a chopper in :)

You can call up to 3 bombers in at one time to different targets.

Same target is impossible.

Once called and bombed there is also a cool down timer.

Bombers also won't spawn within 60 km (can't remember exact number, will check) of target and are pretty low and slow so easy to intercept . They are a good distraction for enemy cap if you're trying to sneak a chopper in :)

I see, thank you for the explanation. Only one question though:

What if there are no fighters to intercept them? If there are no enemies on the opposing team, either no fighters to intercept them or helos to deploy SAM's, what prevents a single TF-51D and a UH-1H/Mi-8 combo from capturing every FARP and SAM site?

What if there are no fighters to intercept them? If there are no enemies on the opposing team, either no fighters to intercept them or helos to deploy SAM's, what prevents a single TF-51D and a UH-1H/Mi-8 combo from capturing every FARP and SAM site?

Nothing, if those two are working together perfectly. But a single bomber strike won't even close an entire FARP. The chopper will need to be able to clean up enemy troops AND cap the FARP/base. It's going to be very difficult to do.

But having no players on one side at any time of day is not a mission design problem. It's a player problem. When someone joins and sees 10 Blue and 0 Red and then decides to join Blue, that's a player problem.

Not sure why you're asking a rhetorical question....

If there are no enemies, you can capture things.... of course.

Same goes for Ka 50 + transport, or A10c or su25t.

However, capture is purposefully quite difficult now, especially with defenders. Even if you cap you still need to repair the base (before it's any use), or it can just be taken straight back. The troops you dropped are also reduced at capture so you can't reuse them for another immediate cap. Unless you repair you'll have to fly back to get fresh ones.

Bombers are an inefficient way to close a base, an A10c or ka50 are much more effective. They are slow and you can't use them too often, plus they have very limited payload. They are designed to fly low enough that sams can easily get them.

The server is rarely completely empty :)

We will also not make it so that you can't cap when the server is empty, as that can then be gamed by someone quitting when it's just them to stop a capture.

Blue currently trying to take Sukhumi - all targets down, JTAC on field cannot find any targets, standard troops in middle of runway. No trigger for closure working.

approx. 0015 EDT on 7 JUL

Just checked logs as Sukhumi is now closed again at this moment

06836.521 INFO    MissionScripting::initialize: Closed Base - Search Time elapsed time: 0.0000 for SUKHUMI
06836.521 INFO    MissionScripting::initialize:  RED 0, Blue 0 for SUKHUMI

Edit: just capped

^ search logic takes less than one millisecond! Happy with that :D

More importantly - No Red detected of any kind so you should be able to take now. Not sure why you couldn't before but there must've been a hidden straggler

Will think of something, maybe defender count so you know you've got more to find

Edited by Ciribob

Will think of something, maybe defender count so you know you've got more to find

Wouldn't the jtac find them?

You don't get a count in real life, so I'd be against adding a counter in the game as long as the JTAC can spot them.

How far can enemy troops be from the objective to prevent a capture? What about ROE? If the enemy sets troops in the woods 2km from the farp and makes them green, is that going to prevent a capture? Could jtac find them? They won't shoot at you if they are green....

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk